diy solar

diy solar

Jakiper JK48V100 & Growatt 3000TL BMS communication

nickfarr

Howdy all! I have two Jakiper JK48V100s attached to a Growatt 3000TL (LVM-ES) that are operating pretty flawlessly with the Growatt set to AGM mode. Honestly, it's the easiest off-grid setup I've ever worked with.

However, the totally inaccurate SOC is a little annoying. I saw the video on connecting the 5000ES in this thread, and I suppose the process is similar. However, the manual says to connect the Growatt to the CAN port, and the instructions for parallelizing say to alternate using the RS485 ports presumably so the batteries can communicate with each other in parallel.

@Zhoulun: Any ideas? Thanks!

The batteries can communicate with each other using RS485 B/C connectors. So in your case, you should have one cable connecting one of those ports on each battery. The inverter should not be plugged in to the B/C ports. You can use the CAN port to communicate with your Growatt inverter. There are two separate communications happening at once in your setup.

Howdy all! I have two Jakiper JK48V100s attached to a Growatt 3000TL (LVM-ES) that are operating pretty flawlessly with the Growatt set to AGM mode. Honestly, it's the easiest off-grid setup I've ever worked with.

However, the totally inaccurate SOC is a little annoying. I saw the video on connecting the 5000ES in this thread, and I suppose the process is similar. However, the manual says to connect the Growatt to the CAN port, and the instructions for parallelizing say to alternate using the RS485 ports presumably so the batteries can communicate with each other in parallel.

@Zhoulun: Any ideas? Thanks!
You have connected the inverter with battery CAN or RS485A?

Back