diy solar

diy solar

Japanese vehicle inspections suck

Zerpersande

There are regulations in Japan that could prevent my Nissan NV200 from passing inspection on a at least three counts. First, that rear seat must be installed. Fine, I’ll design the floor so I can putbthe seat in for inspection. Second, solar panels on roof rack. One Japanese guy said they had to come off for inspection. My inspection place says it will be okay. Regulations are the same everywhere but enforcement is another matter. Third, the ’cabinet’ that I am going to install against one wall to house my battery and electrical has to come out. There’s the rub.

I guess the plan is design the cabinet so that when it is removed fro the wall there are connectors (disconnectors) in the back that go to my 24DC, 12DC outputs and my solar panel inputs. Any advice on the type of connectors? I’ll use the MC4 connectors for the solar panel cables. Can I use Anderson connectors for the 12/24VDC lines?

There are regulations in Japan that could prevent my Nissan NV200 from passing inspection on a at least three counts. First, that rear seat must be installed. Fine, I’ll design the floor so I can putbthe seat in for inspection. Second, solar panels on roof rack. One Japanese guy said they had to come off for inspection. My inspection place says it will be okay. Regulations are the same everywhere but enforcement is another matter. Third, the ’cabinet’ that I am going to install against one wall to house my battery and electrical has to come out. There’s the rub.

I guess the plan is design the cabinet so that when it is removed fro the wall there are connectors (disconnectors) in the back that go to my 24DC, 12DC outputs and my solar panel inputs. Any advice on the type of connectors? I’ll use the MC4 connectors for the solar panel cables. Can I use Anderson connectors for the 12/24VDC lines?
Yes, you can use Anderson connections but make sure they are rated for the current of your system.
The common Anderson connectors are rated for 50A. There are more massive ones rated up to 175A.

Yes, you can use Anderson connections but make sure they are rated for the current of your system.
The common Anderson connectors are rated for 50A. There are more massive ones rated up to 175A.
Three connections that will be disconnected. The solar array with 3 x 10.3A, and then the 12VDC and 24VDC, neither of which is going to see a 50A load. BUT it’s a good thing to keep in mind for the future.

Back