diy solar

diy solar

JBD 150A 8s BMS connections

NCSolar

For the JBD 150A 4s BMS threads I've seen recommended to use the 'alternate' connections where B+ is used and no balance leads are used on the first and last cell.
smartselect_20210917-162648_samsung-internet-jpg.65102

For the 8s model all I have found on the JBD site is the original connection version:

6S-connection-diagram.jpg

I really like the alternate version and think it has merit, has anyone used this on the 8s version? Can I make the jump that they are similar enough (4S and 8S) to use that safely on the 8s?

Thanks!

As always when you need something, I can't find it at the moment, it was back a month or two and I had it open forever. It just said that the poster had discovered that there was load current on the first balance wire and was better not to use one and then they added the B+ cable and didn't use BC4 either. Apparently they are connected on the board. They posted this link (https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f23/diy-portable-useful-lifepo4-10057-14.html#post120343) on another forum that WAS still open in my browser. And indeed, the JBD site mentions on the 4S model that BC0 need not be connected when it is otherwise the 'original' wiring configuration that they have for the 8s model.
4S-Connection.jpg

I've wired my 8s up in this original configuration and it works fine, but prefer the alternate and just wanted to check if it was in use anywhere.

Wingnut is the member who suggested the alternate connection.
He seems to know a lot about this BMS!

I wire all my batteries (12V) with 2 sets of 5 wire connectors for use with any combination of Battgo charger/monitor, a Heltec balancer and BMS. Using a balance wire set with fewer wires and smaller connector makes no sense for me, and I am glad to know that some newer BMSs are setup that way so I know to avoid them.

Let us know how it works if you give it a go. I could see where using the same B+ wire to charge, balance and measure cell 4 voltage might present some challenges, especially the accurate cell voltage measurement. Maybe they got it all worked out.

Back