diy solar

diy solar

JBD 200a BMS - USB Options

OTRwSolar

Solar Enthusiast
Currently using a Daly 200a BMS. Considering a switch to the JBD 200a BMS from Amy at powerwholesale.

Couple of questions:

Is the Overkill USB Module (and JST connector) and Overkill Windows app compatible with the JBD 200a BMS ("H" heated version)?

Are there dedicated connectors for both the Bluetooth and USB modules on the JBD 200a BMS? Or, are you limited to connecting one or the other?

Thanks!

Based on my non-heated version of the JBD 16-20s 200a BMS, it does not have multiple connectors for UART, so you have to unplug the bluetooth module (4-pin UART), to plug the OverKill USB-to-UART adapter in. I just bought a couple of these OverKill USB modules to try (but haven't tried it yet)...

I do see 2 pins all the way to the left side of the balance wire connections labeled 'TXD' and 'RXD'. I had a theory that those could be for RS485 (2-wire, half-duplex implementation), although I have not tested those either.

As far as the Windows app goes, I read somewhere that the Windows app should work wherever you would've used the Xiaoxiang app (for smart phones via bluetooth), so theoretically that Windows app should be able to replace the same function using the OverKill USB module via UART. I have not had a chance to try any of it yet either though, but I do have all the parts.

I did see another guy Joe BoyKey saying he used the OverKill USB adapters and got Solar Assistant to talk to them this way...

Ref:
(read down next couple posts after that)

Thanks! Helpful info. Some of the stuff in the link is a bit over my head. But, it's good to know some folks have had some success.

Hoping to have some redundancy in the event the bluetooth module goes south.

Currently using a Daly 200a BMS. Considering a switch to the JBD 200a BMS from Amy at powerwholesale.

Couple of questions:

Is the Overkill USB Module (and JST connector) and Overkill Windows app compatible with the JBD 200a BMS ("H" heated version)?

Are there dedicated connectors for both the Bluetooth and USB modules on the JBD 200a BMS? Or, are you limited to connecting one or the other?

Thanks!
USB module is the same. As someone else has already stated, they only have a single serial port, so only one at a time.

The Overkill Windows program likely won't have full functionality, since it knows nothing about a heater interface. I know that I had to get a newer version of the android app to set things like current limits, etc.

Back