diy solar

diy solar

JBD 4S 200A BMS

Punx_Afloat

Hi, I've just ordered some cells from alibaba and looking for a bms. I'm in the UK so was thinking of ordering from China and spotted this one. JBD 4S 200A BMS Lifepo4

I'm looking for a 200amp bms as I occasionally use a microwave on my boat. I was wondering if anyone has experience of this BMS and if the low and high temperature can be adjusted and if it works.

Having bought the QUCC BMS (similar to the JBD BMS using the same Xiaoxaing software) and installed it I now have a problem which will affect anyone else who has yet to download the software. The feedback about the Xiaoxiang BMS software as always been critical but now it is totally unusable for monitoring and controlling the QUCC hardware. This is because the available version of the software on Play Store has now reverted from 3.1.1026 to 3.1.1014. This no longer offers display of all the cell voltages and has a much reduced menu options. Unless there is another app which can control this BMS it seems that I will have to buy a different BMS. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Read more

Hi, I've just ordered some cells from alibaba and looking for a bms. I'm in the UK so was thinking of ordering from China and spotted this one. JBD 4S 200A BMS Lifepo4

I'm looking for a 200amp bms as I occasionally use a microwave on my boat. I was wondering if anyone has experience of this BMS and if the low and high temperature can be adjusted and if it works.
Hi,

I am also in the UK and about to order one of these to go with my cells, did you end up purchasing?

Hi,

I am also in the UK and about to order one of these to go with my cells, did you end up purchasing?
I did, it's getting delivered to my brothers along with my cells. The cells are supposed to arrive at the beginning of November so I won't pick it up until then.

I did, it's getting delivered to my brothers along with my cells. The cells are supposed to arrive at the beginning of November so I won't pick it up until then.
Excellent, someone to share experience. By cells are due to ship this week so will order the BMS soon...

So sorry missed your reply and alert went into spam. Attached.

Attachments

• SP04S034-L4S-200A-200A-B-U.doc.zip
    941.2 KB · Views: 482
Just out of interest as you are in UK what will you use to top ballance your cells?

Just out of interest as you are in UK what will you use to top ballance your cells?
I'm going to connect them up to my solar in series and then when nearly full I'll parallel them and charge them with a 5a buck converter set to 3.65v until I can see no more current going into them

Excellent, someone to share experience. By cells are due to ship this week so will order the BMS soon...
I'm looking to build my first battery for my travel trailer and just came across this BMS as well. Please share your experience with this BMS when you get it that would be great. Everyone has such good things to say about the overkill 120A, which is basically a rebranded JDB, I figured the 200A should be good as well.

I am currently running a Go Power IC-2000 that was installed by the previous owner. The specs on it say max current of 267A, so if I build 2 - 4S (230-280AH) batteries with this 200A BMS I think I should be good, thoughts?

Also, I see this BMS mentions heater connection. Do any of you have documentation on this feature?

I'm looking to build my first battery for my travel trailer and just came across this BMS as well. Please share your experience with this BMS when you get it that would be great. Everyone has such good things to say about the overkill 120A, which is basically a rebranded JDB, I figured the 200A should be good as well.

I am currently running a Go Power IC-2000 that was installed by the previous owner. The specs on it say max current of 267A, so if I build 2 - 4S (230-280AH) batteries with this 200A BMS I think I should be good, thoughts?

Also, I see this BMS mentions heater connection. Do any of you have documentation on this feature?
Documentation is above..

@Punx_Afloat, my cells have arrived and my BMS is due tomorrow. How will you attach the cells to the BMS lugs?
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, I can't remember how many connections there are on the BMS to parallel the cables, I'm going to use 35mm cable from my busbar to the shunt and then either 2 x 25mm or 3 x 16mm cables from the bms to the shunt depending on how many connections there are

I'm interested in the SP04S034 200A BMS too. I have had the 120A JBD BMS connected to 2P4S 560AH battery. I just installed a small microwave on my boat which utilizes 110A when operating which leaves very little room for other loads.

As a temporary work around, I connected a 2nd 120A JBD BMS (I had a spare) in parallel(i.e. same 2P4S but with both BMS's connected to the same cell terminals). Seems to be working fine. I had to extend one of the BMS battery cables so rather than each BMS providing equal 50/50 current loads, I get a 53/47 split. So I now have the BMS capacities set to 298AH & 262AH to reflect the total 560AH capacity. Both BMS's read identical voltages for the total and individual cells, have the same protection settings, and exhibit a current ratio of 0.88 (i.e. 53/47 split) independent of load. I can jump between the BMS's on the bluetooth app, but only one BMS has RS485 to raspberry pi readout.

I am surprised at how well it is working, but I prefer keeping things simple so I will likely go with one BMS. I would appreciate any comments on the SP04S034 200A BMS performance.

I use anther JBD BMS, that one with 7-20S and 20A and full case. Well it works but as all common port BMS it has the drawback to disconnect charger together with the load. So in worst case your pack goes undervoltage and charges never (unless your charger sits directl on the battery terminals... but then maybe it goes overvoltage and BMS cannot disconnect).

I would always tend to BMS with separate relay outputs.

Having bought the QUCC BMS (similar to the JBD BMS using the same Xiaoxaing software) and installed it I now have a problem which will affect anyone else who has yet to download the software. The feedback about the Xiaoxiang BMS software as always been critical but now it is totally unusable for monitoring and controlling the QUCC hardware. This is because the available version of the software on Play Store has now reverted from 3.1.1026 to 3.1.1014. This no longer offers display of all the cell voltages and has a much reduced menu options. Unless there is another app which can control this BMS it seems that I will have to buy a different BMS. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Read more
Overkill Solar has the current version.

Back