diy solar

diy solar

JBD 4S 200A BMS

I use anther JBD BMS, that one with 7-20S and 20A and full case. Well it works but as all common port BMS it has the drawback to disconnect charger together with the load. So in worst case your pack goes undervoltage and charges never (unless your charger sits directl on the battery terminals... but then maybe it goes overvoltage and BMS cannot disconnect).

I would always tend to BMS with separate relay outputs.
With a single relay common port, yes it disconnects everything.
With FET based single port BMS, it can turn off just charging or just discharging.
Yes, JBD just recently came out with a 200 amp rated FET based BMS. If you order the right model it even has a port to use with a heating pad for cold weather.

I know that every FET based BMS I've seen has separate FETs for charge and discharge.
What is your point?
at some point if there is common port the FET drains have to connect together. Then how does the circuit avoid that the other FET just conducts in the reverse direction? You saw any schematics of how this is solved? Diodes in series with the FETs?

Systems build complete and running for over a week of travel. Not much sun in Scotland just now but B2B doing a great job of topping up. Runs my 3kw/6kw inverter no problem for microwave and water heater and induction plate plus other 12v loads. Fiddly to mount. Need to install the heat pads ready for the cold weather.
Very pleased overall.

Systems build complete and running for over a week of travel. Not much sun in Scotland just now but B2B doing a great job of topping up. Runs my 3kw/6kw inverter no problem for microwave and water heater and induction plate plus other 12v loads. Fiddly to mount. Need to install the heat pads ready for the cold weather.
Very pleased overall.
That's great news, my cells arrived a few weeks ago and are at my brothers, I've just got to get the time to go and get them and put everything together

Very pleased overall.
BTW the previous manual I posted is Not the correct one for the model below.
I have attached the correct one.

Attachments

• JPEG_20211018_190457_8082387729125242209.jpg
    JPEG_20211018_190457_8082387729125242209.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 119
  • SP04S034-L4S-200A-200A-B-U V1.0.zh-CN.en (1).pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 239
  • JPEG_20211018_190457_8082387729125242209.jpg
    JPEG_20211018_190457_8082387729125242209.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 116
Hello all,

I have the JBD 200a BMS, one with the heater port and one without the heater (long story as to why I have both.) Neither one came with a manual. It appears they work basically the same as my JBD 120a except the heater port and the discharge port of which I do not know how they work. The last manual posted in this thread says the heat port is disabled by default, so I'm wondering how to enable it. Both of mine came with a two wire plug which fits the discharge port. What is the discharge port used for (I know this is probably a dumb question.)

Appreciate your time.

J8 heater can handle up to 8A so plenty of scope for heater...
Hi,

It was in a PM on Alibaba from JBD, I think we all need to be careful here as there are 2 models. The one with the plugs and the ones with the h- screw terminal that I have. I will go with 2 15w silicon foils for £5 each...

Hello all,

I have the JBD 200a BMS, one with the heater port and one without the heater (long story as to why I have both.) Neither one came with a manual. It appears they work basically the same as my JBD 120a except the heater port and the discharge port of which I do not know how they work. The last manual posted in this thread says the heat port is disabled by default, so I'm wondering how to enable it. Both of mine came with a two wire plug which fits the discharge port. What is the discharge port used for (I know this is probably a dumb question.)

Appreciate your time.
Can you provide the PN there are 2 versions, when I am not on my phone I will write more.. Mine came by default with discharge disabled, just had to toggle in the app. For my version of the 200A BMS it should apparently turn on when the low temp is breached but I have not tested this yet, got this from another thread which I will post when not on Phone...

Can you provide the PN there are 2 versions, when I am not on my phone I will write more.. Mine came by default with discharge disabled, just had to toggle in the app. For my version of the 200A BMS it should apparently turn on when the low temp is breached but I have not tested this yet, got this from another thread which I will post when not on Phone...
This is the one I have, I've also got 2 heat pads from Aliexpress that are rated at 12v 50w so should be less than 4 amp, I've just lined the battery box with them and it fits well

Attachments

• IMG_20211031_132926363.jpg
    IMG_20211031_132926363.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20211031_133012665.jpg
    IMG_20211031_133012665.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 132
This is the one I have, I've also got 2 heat pads from Aliexpress that are rated at 12v 50w so should be less than 4 amp, I've just lined the battery box with them and it fits well
Yep that's the same BMS as mine. Let me know how you get on. Getting colder here in Edinburgh and while the van is parked up its starting to get colder. Cells were at 11deg C this morning which is same as ambient. No protection disables yet, left the fridge on for the last week but with all the rain and dark sky not much solar to top up. After a week I am down to 250ah..

Yep that's the same BMS as mine. Let me know how you get on. Getting colder here in Edinburgh and while the van is parked up its starting to get colder. Cells were at 11deg C this morning which is same as ambient. No protection disables yet, left the fridge on for the last week but with all the rain and dark sky not much solar to top up. After a week I am down to 250ah..
I live aboard a narrowboat and this is to add to my l/a bank to make a hybrid system. It's going in my wardrobe so hopefully it'll never get cold unless I leave the boat unattended for a while so I'm hoping never to need the heating feature. It'll be a week or so before I can get the time to do the cabling through the engine room, I've then got to charge and top balance before bringing it online so it might be a couple of weeks before it's working. I'll let you know how I get on

Quick question, do you have to have the heating pad hooked up for the heater option to show in the android app?

I will test it though and if it doesn't work I'll connect it to a 12v thermostat, they're really cheap from aliexpress and don't use much power

I also have one. There is no heater option in the app, at least not on the IOS version.

I did some testing with mine (SP04S03A Partno 16240017), with the heater terminal connected (screw connector), just as the picture from @RV Truck Camper

I have set the charge under temp to 3, release at 5.

For testing, I've connected a 12V 50W H7 halogen bulb between H and battery positive.

With no charge, nothing happens, also not when you reach the set threshold for the low temp disconnect.

When you apply charge, things are differently. With the temp above set under temp, it just charges, nothing special.
If the temperature of ANY of the sensors is below the set temp:
- Charging stops due to low temp
- H connector is switched ON, 12V between H and battery + (thus enabling heater), as long as the 'charge under temp' is not released
- When the temp rises above the set release value (and release delay is expired), heating is disabled and charging restarts. (Charge under temp is released)

Exactly the behaviour you want, there is no need to have the heating running without charge.

Thus: Conditions to enable the heater
- Temp of any of the sensors has to be below set temp (causing a low temp charge disconnect)
- Charge voltage must be applied (otherwise the low temp charge disconnect isn't triggered)
- Charging starts once the release threshold temp is reached, (+ delay value expires) , heater is disconnected

As for the temperature sensors: Mine had 2, and they don't have all to be in low temp: A single sensor detecting too low will work.

Note: I did load the previous settings from my 120A BMS. That one had less temperature sensors, so I had to enable NTC 1/2/3 for the 200A BMS to see all sensors (1 = PCB sensor, 2 and 3 are the external ones)

Back