diy solar

diy solar

JBD 4S 200A BMS

So I got my 2 JBD S4 200A BMS w/heater a couple days ago. Anyone have any idea what these 2 (1 with each BMS) things are for? They were loose and looks like they are temperature switches.
What are the hole sizes on the big B- and C- connection bars?

Lol, yeah after Sunrise posted his 300 battery case, i ended up ordering a Prusa 3D printer
Yep. Ordered a Prusa MK3S+ too. It will be 5-6 weeks before it arrives. Look forward to some projects.

Yep. Ordered a Prusa MK3S+ too. It will be 5-6 weeks before it arrives. Look forward to some projects.
I ordered the same Printer, hopefully i see mine in 3 weeks.

I been learning Fusion 360 while i've been waiting

Do you guys bolt the main cables or solder them. In the description of the BMS it mentions "B- wire welding too thin too long or do not welding will burn plate! B- Weld studs!" Presumably "welding" refers to soldering?

Looking to purchase a JBD Lifepo4 4S 200a BMS on Aliexpress. Seems to be a number of different configurations. Hoping some folks who have ordered from either the Jiabaida BMS Store or the JBD BMS Store can help me out. Having zero luck contacting either.

1. Are the temperature sensors (2?) included?

2. Anyone know the difference between the 4S LFP 200A UART H and 4S LFP 200A U 485 H configurations at the Jiabaida BMS Store. I know the "H" means it has the heating pad option. I would assume they both come with a UART port since the bluetooth module is included. I'm guessing 4S LFP 200A U 485 H comes with the RS485 port and 4S LFP 200A UART H doesn't???

3. Any idea if the Lifepo4 4S Heat configuration at the JBD BMS Store comes with a RS485 port?

Thanks!

The 4S LFP 200A U 485 H comes with a work rs485 port.

When i say working. I mean i can read the config on a RPI with an rs485 usb dongle.

Also has a UART that you can connect a bluetooth module to.

The 4S LFP 200A U 485 H comes with a work rs485 port.

When i say working. I mean i can read the config on a RPI with an rs485 usb dongle.

Also has a UART that you can connect a bluetooth module to.
Thanks! Good to know. Did yours come with any temperature sensors?

This is what I ordered. They came with 2 temperature sensors each, a Bluetooth module, and a screw lug for a heat pad. 41783E07-250B-4824-88F8-58701408B076.png

This is what I ordered. They came with 2 temperature sensors each, a Bluetooth module, and a screw lug for a heat pad.
Thanks for confirming they come with temp sensors. They're not shown them in the web pics and no mention in the description.

Looking to purchase a JBD Lifepo4 4S 200a BMS on Aliexpress. Seems to be a number of different configurations. Hoping some folks who have ordered from either the Jiabaida BMS Store or the JBD BMS Store can help me out. Having zero luck contacting either.

1. Are the temperature sensors (2?) included?

2. Anyone know the difference between the 4S LFP 200A UART H and 4S LFP 200A U 485 H configurations at the Jiabaida BMS Store. I know the "H" means it has the heating pad option. I would assume they both come with a UART port since the bluetooth module is included. I'm guessing 4S LFP 200A U 485 H comes with the RS485 port and 4S LFP 200A UART H doesn't???

3. Any idea if the Lifepo4 4S Heat configuration at the JBD BMS Store comes with a RS485 port?

Thanks!
First, I'd go to the real JBD store, that isn't it. Edit to add, now it looks like the same one, just the link you gave was apparently in Dutch?

This is:

UART in this context usually means they have a TTL serial port to USB converter box, the 485 is a TTL serial port to RS-485 converter box.
If it doesn't specifically say it comes with RS-485, then it likely doesn't. The Bluetooth is a TTL serial port to (you guessed it) Bluetooth module.
To have multiple serial ports, they actually add an additional chip to the board as well as associated circuitry, so unless you order it that way, it doesn't support it.

I recommend going to the real JBD store and asking them for exactly what you want, they have always been very responsive to me.

They also have an Alibaba store:

I have not ordered a JBD BMS that does not come with at least one temperature sensor, better ask if you require two.

Last edited:
the 12v 4s 200amp jdb has 3 temp sensor. 2 external and 1 internal. The ones I get have the heater function. Maybe that's why there is 3.

First, I'd go to the real JBD store, that isn't it. Edit to add, now it looks like the same one, just the link you gave was apparently in Dutch
aliexpress.com/store/911735067
That store ("Jiabaida BMS Store") has only been around ~11 months.
There is another store which also implies it is the JBD store ("JBDBMS") that has been around for about ~3 months.
Then there is this store ("JBD Battery PCB Board Store") which has been around since 2014.

The latter is the store I believed to be the official store when I first did the research (these other newer stores didn't exist yet). Now I'm not sure which if any of these are official, possibly one, none, or all of them. Do you have any information which if any of these Aliexpress stores 'official' or connected with the Alibaba store?

I believe this is the official Alibaba store ("Dongguan Jiabaida Electronics Co., LTD") which has been an "Alibaba gold supplier" for 3 years, and established in 2015, and has undergone 3rd party verification.

That store ("Jiabaida BMS Store") has only been around ~11 months.
There is another store which also implies it is the JBD store ("JBDBMS") that has been around for about ~3 months.
Then there is this store ("JBD Battery PCB Board Store") which has been around since 2014.

The latter is the store I believed to be the official store when I first did the research (these other newer stores didn't exist yet). Now I'm not sure which if any of these are official, possibly one, none, or all of them. Do you have any information which if any of these Aliexpress stores 'official' or connected with the Alibaba store?

I believe this is the official Alibaba store ("Dongguan Jiabaida Electronics Co., LTD") which has been an "Alibaba gold supplier" for 3 years, and established in 2015, and has undergone 3rd party verification.
When I asked the Alibaba store, they confirmed the link I gave for the Aliexpress store was correct. Since the Alibaba store offered to build exactly what I wanted if I ordered enough, and had the data sheets, I think they are correct.

I have not figured out how to connect the heater. Perhaps this is a translator, English is not a native language. I'm Russian, it's cold here and bears walk the streets. :)
How right? H-"-" or H-"+"

I have not figured out how to connect the heater. Perhaps this is a translator, English is not a native language. I'm Russian, it's cold here and bears walk the streets. :)
How right? H-"-" or H-"+"
I connected the negative of my heating circuit (two pads) to H- and the positive to the battery main positive terminal.

Back