diy solar

diy solar

JBD 4s smart BMS not showing correct capacity

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
So I finally finished building my 1216 ah, 4p4s battery.. built with 16... Eve cells 304ah

Only one problem.. if I enter a capacity of 1216 ah and save it.. it gives me on the main display it capacity of 560.64 ah?

I've had no trouble entering capacities up to 650 amp hour... But for some reason if I try anything in that 700 plus range just doesn't take

Now this is a temporary battery it's not going to be used for two terribly long, it would be nice if I could get it to display the correct capacity.. if 650 truly is the maximum capacity that the BMS can take then when I get down to about 50% capacity it's going to say "0%"

All the voltages look correct so I'm not worried about that surely somebody knows how to get this battery management system to play nice

PS... I guess since I'm also going to be paralleling a smaller battery with this one, I can rely on the state of charge meter from the smaller battery and voltages will give me a reasonable idea of soc

Last edited:
My guess is that it's a programming limitation. 700+ is an odd number to limit on. A nice geeky number like 512 would be more likely, but who knows what the chinese programmers are using for a numbering system.

Back