diy solar

diy solar

JBD 7S -20S Balance leads wiring

bigbrovar

Hey all.

Assembling my first LF280k cells. The plan is to assemble them into 16S battery bank. I got the JBL 7S-20S 200A BMS.

I have a couple of questions.

In other to speed up the top balance I wanted to divide the bank into 2 batches and connect each batch of battery in 8S series and have them charged to 28.8v after which I would parallel finish up the top balance.

However for the 8S configuration I wanted to use the 7S -20S JBL to 8S 24v nominal. Is this even possible? Can the 7S-20S JBL be configured to charge an 8S battery bank?

Second question is the wires that comes with the JBL. The instructions says to short some wires together after. EG.

For 16 S configuration it says
"BC14~BC18 are shorted, and 14 series of positive poles are connected together"

Does this mean Wires 14 to 18 or Wires 14 and 18

Also in knowing the wiring numbers is BC14 the 14th wires from the lead negative wire or 14th wires after the lead negative wire. The numbers of the wires are quite confusing the way they are labelled in the manual.

In other threads, these related images have been shared (supposedly supplied by Jaibada when people asked)...
JBD_wiring_image_SHORTS.png

Here's somebody who I think has it right... See response #16 in this thread...
In my schematic, I started with BC1 and forgot there was a BC0. So I started the shorted leads at BC13 thinking it was BC14. I need to correct my drawing. (Or I'll just refer to this one!)
1649466040093.png

Back