diy solar

diy solar

JBD 7s-20s contactor BMS balance lead wiring question

SparkyJJO

(un)Certified Arc Generator
I received my JBD 7S-20S 300A contactor BMS yesterday.

20220316_083644.jpg20220316_083713.jpg

It has dual 4AWG wires on each connection. I'm only expecting 200A at full load (fused at 250A). I may end up having to replace the black wires off the contactor if it won't reach my bus bar I'm using to join two packs together, or if the lug size is correct for my bus bar. If I need to change them out, they'll be to 2/0 wire.

For the cell balance leads, this is the wiring diagram given for a 16S pack. I'm supposed to bond multiple leads together. I was thinking of crimping or soldering them together to a single lead that goes to the ring terminal to the cell, but is that ok to do? What's the recommended method? Each balance lead is supposed to be the same length, right?

1647437539952.jpeg

I received my JBD 7S-20S 300A contactor BMS yesterday.

View attachment 87518View attachment 87517

It has dual 4AWG wires on each connection. I'm only expecting 200A at full load (fused at 250A). I may end up having to replace the black wires off the contactor if it won't reach my bus bar I'm using to join two packs together, or if the lug size is correct for my bus bar. If I need to change them out, they'll be to 2/0 wire.

For the cell balance leads, this is the wiring diagram given for a 16S pack. I'm supposed to bond multiple leads together. I was thinking of crimping or soldering them together to a single lead that goes to the ring terminal to the cell, but is that ok to do? What's the recommended method? Each balance lead is supposed to be the same length, right?

View attachment 87519
That is what I did. Just crimped the correct bundle together into one ring terminal and attached like normal. You are correct that each balance lead should be the same.
I also used 2/0 to extend off the BMS.
It's all working well so far.

Back