diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS, have found similar here but not this model

Simi 60

Have googled the model number and images and have found similar discussed on here but not the same

Can somone who is knowledgeable comment on this please?
JBD-AP20S003S-P20S-200A-B-U

This was suggested by Amy Wan as a BMS for each battery on a proposed 3 X 280ah @ 24v for a combined 840ah system.

Hoping to pull the trigger and order in the next day or two.

Thanks

Attachments

• AP20S003S-P20S-200A-200A-B-U-converted (1).pdf
    428.5 KB · Views: 220
I haven't yet had any experience with JBD yet, but a few days ago, I just ordered 4x 16s 200a ones (with the relay on them) to try out from AliExpress. Model: JBD-AP2050035

We'll see how it goes. I looked at the manual for this one you posted and it looks pretty decent. I like how it says 'Accurate SOC calculation'.. Saves you from having to buy a shunt if it really is accurate.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply

Anyone else have anything to say?
Don't be shy (-;

It would help if we knew what your application was.
Thanks for the reply
I did say at the top....

"This was suggested by Amy Wan as a BMS for each battery on a proposed 3 X 280ah @ 24v for a combined 840ah system."

If that's not enough info there is a full list of what'll be running here

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply
I did say at the top....

"This was suggested by Amy Wan as a BMS for each battery on a proposed 3 X 280ah @ 24v for a combined 840ah system."
Battery specs do not give an indication of the intended application. Thanks for providing a link that does.

Would you post a link to the vendor selling that particular model BMS? I can't seem to find that one online. Yes, I do see that you posted the spec sheet.

Battery specs do not give an indication of the intended application. Thanks for providing a link that does.

Would you post a link to the vendor selling that particular model BMS? I can't seem to find that one online. Yes, I do see that you posted the spec sheet.
She hasn't got them listed yet, it's one she has just sourced.
This is the vendor

BMS settings do not seem correct. Its for a 20 cell battery with a max cell protection voltage of 4.25. Check you have the correct data sheet, the linked item is not what you need for lfp cells.

Mike

Last edited:
BMS settings do not seem correct. Its for a 20 cell battery with a max cell protection voltage of 4.25. Check you have the correct data sheet, the linked item is not what you need.

Mike
7 to 20 cell battery
I will have 8 cells
From the data sheet which was supplied by fendor
JBD-AP20S003S is designed by Dongguan jiabaida Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. It is an
intelligent protection board scheme specially designed for 7-20 series battery packs of start-up
battery and electric energy storage products.

The cell protection at 4.25 volts is not correct for EVE 280 LFP cells. If the parameters can be reprogrammed then it may be suitable.

Mike

Last edited:
Just looked at the specs for this again
I was under the impression that it was 7s to 20s which specs confirm
But was also under the impression it was for 24v batts/charger
Specs if I am reading them correct says no.
Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-31-08-54-35-172~2.jpeg
    Screenshot_2021-07-31-08-54-35-172~2.jpeg
    51.7 KB · Views: 27
Well.......I just spoke with the JBD store rep on AB and when asked for an 8s 24v 200amp BMS it was the above model and documentation they sent.

Questioned them about my concerns with the above screenshot and they assured me that it will do 8s 24v 200amp.

I think this is the version you need,

Some of the parameters may/will need changing for the cells and pack voltages. The data sheet shows values for li-ion cells. The LLT Power outlet have different order options for li-ion or lifepo4 .
The documentation on the LLT site suggest the unit auto determines the pack voltage.
Note its a common port BMS with contractor, (power relay) control.

Mike

BMS settings do not seem correct. Its for a 20 cell battery with a max cell protection voltage of 4.25. Check you have the correct data sheet, the linked item is not what you need for lfp cells.

Mike
It's designed for 7 to 20 cells. With JBD you can order custom products.
Personally I am not a fan of the single relay/contactor design.

So had my 3 turn up today
Nice looking bit of gear but soooooo many wires for what is an 8s system
Struggling a bit with the manual (of sorts)

Attachments

• IMG_20211029_133445_515_1.jpg
    IMG_20211029_133445_515_1.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 66
Lucky you. You got a manual. I received it with nothing but what is shown in your pick. Trying to figure out how the wiring goes for 8S

Lucky you. You got a manual. I received it with nothing but what is shown in your pick. Trying to figure out how the wiring goes for 8S
Try here, a couple of different versions but last one is easy

Thank you for that. I found that and others in a search and was able to get it figured out. Your help is appreciated.

Back