JBD BMS JST plug type

dmq

Hi,

I want to use my BMS system JBD-SP04S020A UART with the dbus-serialbattery victron project (https://github.com/Louisvdw/dbus-serialbattery). At the moment a bluetooth module is connected with the UART port. I also got the JBD uart box and other possible USB TTL Serial adapters. Unfortunately the port on my bms is some strange type of JST 4 port female interface - please see the pictures. I can not find the type of plug / cable on the internet. Has some one an idea which type it is and where I can order one (JST PA, XA?). If I can not find the cable I will split the bluetooth cable and solder two cables (1 end for bluetooth, 1 end for USB TTL serial - just one connected at time not parallel) - another option would be to solder a "standard" JST 4 pin connector and replace the existing one on the board.

Here are some pictures - maybe some can help out? I am already mad because there are so many type of different (JST) plugs but nothing seems to match.

Thank you :)

dmq

Attachments

• plug2.png
    plug2.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
  • plug3.png
    plug3.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6868.jpg
    IMG_6868.jpg
    939.1 KB · Views: 18

MisterSandals

Participation Medalist

dmq

Thanks @MisterSandals - are you sure that this is the right plug? Look at the top of "my" picture - it looks like a "normal" JST 4 pin female but on the top is some kind of a protection. I also tried plugin in a 4-pin JST PH 2.0 - the ones which can be used as VE.Direct cables on Victron products - these do not fit in.

dmq

Thanks. I already cut off the cable of the bluetooth module. Now I have a Y-Connection, Bluetooth + USB-serial. In addtion I soldered an on/off switch for the bt-module (there is no access control possible, so it should not be always on in my opinion).

But thank you all again for your valuable recommendation :)

linkcat

Solar Enthusiast
Thanks. I already cut off the cable of the bluetooth module. Now I have a Y-Connection, Bluetooth + USB-serial. In addtion I soldered an on/off switch for the bt-module (there is no access control possible, so it should not be always on in my opinion).

But thank you all again for your valuable recommendation :)
Do you have the link of these usb-serial? Thanks!

Solar388

Do you have the link of these usb-serial? Thanks!

I ordered this one and it is already talked about here