diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS reads 6, 0, 0, 6 volts?

manfromeast

I'm trying to complete my build of 2 4s battery banks using 8 x Eve LF280K and 2 x JBD 120A BMS. 1 BMS is working great, the other is showing 6, 0, 0, 6 volts on the cells. I've recrimped all new ring terminals to be sure the connections are solid. Has anyone seen this issue before? I bought these from JIABAIDA BMS Store on aliexpress. They haven't been very responsive to my question. Screenshots of the working and non-working bms are attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-5007.PNG
    IMG-5007.PNG
    255.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-5008.PNG
    IMG-5008.PNG
    244.7 KB · Views: 14
Just a guess, but you might check to verify that the leads are wired in the correct order.

Is it easy for you to swap the BMS to test (after doing the test on Post #3 and it shows correct Voltage at the BMS connector)?

At least half the voltage issues with DIY LiFePO4 batteries are due to bad connections. Use a multimeter to verify continuity between each end of the wire.

A bad connection between 2 and 3.
Have you swapped over the BMS to rule out BMS faults?

Mike

Oh wow do I feel silly, I did have 2 leads swapped. BMS is working fine now! Thanks for the help all.

Sorry for the late reply, I built this battery into a small pelican box for my RV, and it doesn't come out of the hole it's in very easily (nor troubleshoot!) I hope to post a writeup of the build when I make it cross-country.

Back