diy solar

diy solar

JBD BMS wiring question

hotrod

Hi I've been using one of the JBD 100 a smart 15s BMS that I purchased from battery hookup. I was using the bms as a 14s configuration and it has always worked very well. But now I am wanting to uses this 15s bms as a 12s bms and I cant find any information on how to change this from the 14s that is set up for now to a 12s setup. Can any of you tell me what I need to do to be able to use it as a 12s. how does it need to be wired and do I need to soldier any pins on the back side of the bms thanks for any help you can give me on this.

I'm not aware of a JBD BMS that has a flexible cell count, so I'm just spitballing.

I've never seen Battery Hookup offer flexible cell count JBD BMS. They certainly don't now.

I would doubt that a 15BMSs would work as 12S. If you give it a go, use the first 13 wires and cover/protect the unused 3 wires.

What does the app show? It the app looks happy, test it and if it is working (low temp with ice water is easiest test).

You’re on the cutting edge!

I'm not aware of a JBD BMS that has a flexible cell count, so I'm just spitballing.

I've never seen Battery Hookup offer flexible cell count JBD BMS. They certainly don't now.
They are sold out but this is was just copied from there web site.
Battery Hookup

Li-ion/Lifepo4 3s-20s 100a BMS W/ LOW TEMP CUTOFF​

Regular price$79.99Sale price
Size4s LifePo48s LifePo412s LifePo43s Li-ion4s Li-ion6s Li-ion without main leads7s Li-ion8s Li-ion9s Li-ion10s Li-ion11s Li-ion12s Li-ion13s Li-ion14s Li-ion15s Li-ion20s Li-ion

I would doubt that a 15BMSs would work as 12S. If you give it a go, use the first 13 wires and cover/protect the unused 3 wires.

What does the app show? It the app looks happy, test it and if it is working (low temp with ice water is easiest test).

You’re on the cutting edge!
It is a 15s bms but I have been using it as a 14s bms because they did not have a 14s at the time I think I either contacted battery hookup or JBD and they told me how to make it work but I haven't been able to get any information from them on it now

Hi I've been using one of the JBD 100 a smart 15s BMS that I purchased from battery hookup. I was using the bms as a 14s configuration and it has always worked very well. But now I am wanting to uses this 15s bms as a 12s bms and I cant find any information on how to change this from the 14s that is set up for now to a 12s setup. Can any of you tell me what I need to do to be able to use it as a 12s. how does it need to be wired and do I need to soldier any pins on the back side of the bms thanks for any help you can give me on this.
You need to connect first neg. And last positive then connect first pos. Then second pos. And so on until you run out of cells then connect all remaining together on the next to last pos.

Lifepo4 3s-20s
Yea, looks like it is VERY flexible in how many cells. Wow, never saw such a wide range.
Some use the first N (number of cells) + 1 negative. I would try this first.
Some other BMS wirings for pairing the “extra” balance wires are unusual. Not sure it’s possible to guess if using 13wires does not work (app looks happy).

Did anybody bother to click the "3-20S" link to the page where you have to select a specific cell count AND chemistry?

Back