diy solar

diy solar

JBD New JST connectors

Horsefly

Solar Wizard
I've got a couple of 8S 100A JBD BMS's that I've been happy with (actually, three now that I think about it). The JST connectors on these boards (purchased several months ago) are 2.54mm pitch (0.1"), including the 4-pin port for the Bluetooth or USB connector. I have Bluetooth transceivers for all of my boards, and I bought a single USB transceiver a while back to allow me to calibrate the cell voltage sensors, as they seem to be always off by a bit.

Fast forward and I now have four additional JBD 4S BMS's. Two are 80A rated, and the other two are 150A rated. These are the newer ones with the M5 terminal pads vs the previous 12AWG wires coming off the B- and C- pads. Unfortunately, it appears that JBD decided to "improve" their board interfaces, so now the Bluetooth / USB TTL transceiver interface is a JST 2.0mm connector, with a specific latch mechanism that I can't identify. I'd like to use my same USB interface to calibrate these BMS's, but I can't figure out what connectors to buy. Does anyone know how to describe these connectors? Aside from the fact that the are 2.0mm pitch I don't know what to search for. I have some other JST 2.0 plugs and they won't fit because of the housing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pic would be helpful.
There is dozens of 2.54 and 2.0mm connector models, ”JST” is just one of them.

If you are not looking for permanent connection a pair of sharp side-cuttters and x-acto knife solve lots of compatibility problems. At work I have to butcher connectors all the time as finding exact match for temporary test rigs would take way too much time.

I'll post a some pics later today.

I think I wasn't clear in my earlier post. I have 7 JBD BMS's. They all come with Bluetooth modules that plug into this same JST board edge connector, and when in normal use these Bluetooth modules will remain plugged in. I also have one USB transceiver. Since the Android app doesn't support calibration of the cell voltage measurements, I will use the USB box one time (hopefully) on each BMS to attach my laptop with the software that lets me calibrate the voltages.

I've already done this on the three 8S 24V BMS's, and want to do it on the four 4S 12V BMS's, but I can't plug in the USB box on any of them, since it uses the older 2.54mm-pitch plugs.

Thanks, @perpetual - Those look very close to what I'm looking for! I think it may be close enough that it will work.

The female side of the ones that JBD uses has a little bit narrower hook on the top of the connector than the ones you found at AliExpress:

IMG_20211024_090633973_HDR.jpg

But I think the ones from AliExpress may work, so I'll order some. Thank you @perpetual!

Ugh. Estimated delivery 30-Dec. The BMS's I'm mostly wanting to calibrate will be on a boat in Florida by then. I'll search for alternative sources.

@Horsefly did you get the connectors - does it fit? Thanks in advance.
No. I have a few BLE dongles for the BMS's laying around, so I temporarily cut off one of the connectors from one of them and spliced it onto the USB adapter. I was able to do the calibration, and if/when I need that Bluetooth dongle again I can put the connector back on it.

Reactions: dmq
Thanks. I am also thinking of splicing (just have only one bt adapter here but ok) - delivery time of aliexpress is an issue and I can not find this type in other stores :/ Thanks again.

Back