diy solar

diy solar

JBD/OverKill App Options Other Than XiaoxiangBMS

JeepDaddy

Solar Enthusiast
The XiaoxiangBMS app seems to be popular, mostly in the paid version. I have also used an app called "SmartBMSUtility" which is free and includes the ability to change the BMS parameters.

Is anyone using other apps for the JBD/Overkill BMS's?

I'm using iOS and the 4S 150A version of the JBD (two built-in heater pigtails! Whoot!)

you can write your own as the libraries to interface are freely available if there is something specific you want.
I like to use esp32 or esp8266 devices for simple interfacing to an MQTT server... Then with a bit of nodered you can do pretty much anything you want.

Can I ask what the two built-in heater pig tails are meant to be used for?

Oh. So you can keep charging your batteries when the temp drops. So the heater element kicks in and brings them back up to safe charging temp.

@JeepDaddy this sounds awesomely brilliant! I had theorized doing this same thing for a build I'm planning, but had no idea where to start with that part of it. Perhaps deserving of it's own post, but could you perhaps share some pics, build list & tips on implementing this battery heater system you've rigged up? Many thanks in advance. ?

Back