diy solar

diy solar

JBD/Xiaoxiang BMS Apps List

New Overkill Solar BMS App also works with many JBD BMS.

For the Android on Google Play

Also available for the iPhone or iPad on the Apple App Store.
Thanks!

Seems to be working just fine with JBD 200A.
It allows to modify settings like admin version of Xiaoxiang BMS.
The interface is a bit less user friendly and lacks statistics but it is from a vetted source and not a random .apk.

The newest IOS version of the JBD app has problems with some of the older firmware .... Some have reported not being able to enable and disable charge and discharge with older firmware levels.
The newer firmware has some extra parameters such as the cell% voltage capacity settings. Newer firmware is every 10% while the old was every 20%.
Both seem to work fine for me right now .... the parameters mine doesn't have just seem to be ignored ...... but it is good to have options in case they do an update that doesn't work with my firmware version.

Overkill IOS app is *my* hero! ( JBD 150A BMS)

Rushing to skip town up north with a blizzard forecast I somehow let my Vans 300ah inverter bank get discharged, probably failed to swap out a powerstrip back onto grid and a 280w heater chewed it down...

Left at midnight in sleet & snow and got three hours in before stopping to rest...

Cooking breakfast had the battery cut out on low cell voltage.. so I lowered it a bit to finish - got my coffee too...

Anyhow, i ended up lowering set points twice more (coffee) - then manually locked input/output using the Xiaoxi app - and then tried the elephant flavor app just out of boredom then whoa, no settings available then it asks for PIN which did not match defaults, I'd never commanded PIN active ever...

swapping back to Xiaoxi app it was also asking for PIN - now I still have 800 miles left to travel, sufficient time to get an ulcer cussing ir...

Two days later I am tearing the standalone batt/inverter apart to swap in a spare BMS when I thought to find more IOS apps... the Overkill BMS app just happened to be the first I tried - and the garbage bits were ignored and I could finally get the 2.7v/cell bank back on charge... photo shows 20A leads clipped on for charging.

Elephant app deleted with extreme prejudice, the Xiaoxi app hidden, and the Overkill app is my one and only... THANK YOU O'KILL SOLAR4EC6570C-08E4-4329-B062-60E9803313C7.jpeg

New Overkill Solar BMS App also works with many JBD BMS.

For the Android on Google Play

Also available for the iPhone or iPad on the Apple App Store.
have to say interface could be better

Back