diy solar

diy solar

JBD Xiaoxiang Cell Num setting won't save

coop55

Anyone else run into this issue? I have the JBD-AP21S001 150a version. It supports 20s but I'm configuring for 7s. I think I have the wiring correct based on extensive searches here on the forum. Correct voltages show up for 7 cells it's just that the BMS is stuck on 20s so cells 1-5 are in the right spot, then I have empty slots for 6-17, then I have voltage showing up for cell 6 as cell 18 and cell 7 as cell 19...then blank for 20. I actually think that indicates correct wiring.

However, no matter what I do in the app, I can't get it to save as 7s. I've changed it in Parameter Settings as well as the View Parameters screen. It looks like it is saving properly but nothing ever sticks. Other changes like voltage max DO save. Tried lots of variations in order.

I'm using the Android app NOT from the Play Store, direct from JBD. 3.1.1026.

Has anyone seen this issue? Any tips or tricks?

Did you follow the wiring diagram for the 20S ? Sometimes it is required to connect all the sense wires after Cell 7 to the last cell positive. This tells the BMS the actual voltage of the pack.

Did you follow the wiring diagram for the 20S ? Sometimes it is required to connect all the sense wires after Cell 7 to the last cell positive. This tells the BMS the actual voltage of the pack.
They haven't sent me the wiring diagram for the 20s yet. I assumed (oops?) that the wiring would be consistent with other JBD BMSs where the middle group of wires were all shorted to the 5th (in my case) cell. The 6th would be normal and the 7th would get the final two wires as with the others. Maaaybe I should disconnect them all and wait for the instructions for my specific model.

Thanks for sharing that they aren't all the same!

They haven't sent me the wiring diagram for the 20s yet. I assumed (oops?) that the wiring would be consistent with other JBD BMSs where the middle group of wires were all shorted to the 5th (in my case) cell. The 6th would be normal and the 7th would get the final two wires as with the others. Maaaybe I should disconnect them all and wait for the instructions for my specific model.

Thanks for sharing that they aren't all the same!
That is a good call. I also had to request the vendor to supply me with the correct wiring diagram. In the mean time I will see what I have here.

That is a good call. I also had to request the vendor to supply me with the correct wiring diagram. In the mean time I will see what I have here.
They sent it last night and, sure enough, this particular unit had a different approach. It didn't combine the final two wires and instead added the 3rd to last to the "bundle" shorted on cell 5. A quick change and I was up and running with no issues at all. I'm just glad I didn't damage anything by being impatient!

They sent it last night and, sure enough, this particular unit had a different approach. It didn't combine the final two wires and instead added the 3rd to last to the "bundle" shorted on cell 5. A quick change and I was up and running with no issues at all. I'm just glad I didn't damage anything by being impatient!
Hi Coop55, I've just received an AP21S001 150A. I'm trying to wire is for an 8S configuration and was wandering if you could post the instructions you have received? If not, any help welcome.....Thanks in advance

P.S. I just found this on a popular web store :) Do you agree with it. Thanks again.

Wiring Method :
BC0 :Connect to Negative side of cell 1
BC1:Connect to positive side of cell 1
BC2 :Connect to positive side of cell 2
BC3:Connect to positive side of cell 3
BC4:Connect to positive side of cell 4
BC5:Connect to positive side of cell 5
BC6~BC19:Connect to positive side of cell 6
BC7 :Connect to positive side of cell 7
BC8:Connect to positive side of cell 8

Last edited:
No worries Coop, no need to reply........The link for the manual on the JBD web site was not working when I posted above. The link is now working and I have the installation manual.

Wiring Method :
BC0 :Connect to Negative side of cell 1
BC1:Connect to positive side of cell 1
BC2 :Connect to positive side of cell 2
BC3:Connect to positive side of cell 3
BC4:Connect to positive side of cell 4
BC5:Connect to positive side of cell 5
BC6~BC19:Connect to positive side of cell 6
BC7 :Connect to positive side of cell 7
BC8:Connect to positive side of cell 8
I suspect you meant:
BC6~BC18:Connect to positive side of cell 6
BC19 :Connect to positive side of cell 7
BC20:Connect to positive side of cell 8

JUSTGARY, Thanks for your clarification, you tipped me towards your way of thinking. The details quoted above were from a vendors listing.

My issues were/are:
  • I’m often technically challenged with some of the simplest of things ?
  • How to connect a JBD 6S-20S BMS into an 8S configuration. Now solved….I think…
  • I have a JBD 6S-20S BMS. The model number on the label of my BMS is the same as the 21S Version.
  • I could only find an instruction manual for the 21S version.
  • One of the cables supplied (for plug J1) was missing a lead (Pin 4). It thought this might have been a manufacturers error. See yellow circle in image below
I have wired up my BMS as shown in the attached image. It appears to be working, but if anyone sees any mistakes, please let me know.

Attachments

• JBD-AP21S001-L20S-150A Layout.jpg
    JBD-AP21S001-L20S-150A Layout.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 75
Back