diy solar

diy solar

jehugarcia Samsung SDI ESS Mega - what to do with these batteries?

davisjo6

Hi All ... new to the forum, although I've been lurking here for a couple of months. I bought 4 of these batteries with wide eyes thinking I could get a cheap 48V inverter charger and use them at my second home on the weekends. Well, after too much research and thinking about it, I've decided these batteries (lithium ion, not lithium iron) aren't something I am comfortable managing. So question is ... what should I do with them? They've just been sitting here in their original shipping crate for a while now. Apologies if this link is not allowed but this is what I have - https://kit.co/jehu/lithium-battery-cell-sources/samsung-sdi-ess-ener

Last edited:
what should I do with them?
List them for sale. Before you do, get the description correct. Lipo are very volatile and if they are another chemistry you do not want to call them Lipo.. These could be any Lithium chemistry. Perhaps NMC or NCA? If they were LFP they would probably say.

@Ampster thank you for the tip, I will find out the exact chemistry. I updated my original post to say lithium ion (not lithium iron).

Southwest Michigan, pick them up. FREE: take them away. Anywhere else, pay for and arrange shipping, they're yours.

Last edited:
Hi All ... new to the forum, although I've been lurking here for a couple of months. I bought 4 of these batteries with wide eyes thinking I could get a cheap 48V inverter charger and use them at my second home on the weekends. Well, after too much research and thinking about it, I've decided these batteries (lithium ion, not lithium iron) aren't something I am comfortable managing. So question is ... what should I do with them? They've just been sitting here in their original shipping crate for a while now. Apologies if this link is not allowed but this is what I have - https://kit.co/jehu/lithium-battery-cell-sources/samsung-sdi-ess-ener
Hello Davis Jo,

I have four of these running my house, I'd love to have four more. Let's arrange pickup!

see attached for my email address..,

Paul

Attachments

• A2E9F9F5-8E3C-4939-9A87-31BFE0256D53.jpeg
    A2E9F9F5-8E3C-4939-9A87-31BFE0256D53.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 6
Hey Paul, I have four of these batteries and would like to know what BMS you are using for your battery bank. I have searched and searched but cannot find a videoinstructions on how to connect a aftermarket bms to these batteries. Really appreciate your feedback.

Sorry my reply isn't timely! I've got the Outback Radian inverter/charger, 8kW (good for 100% overload for a little bit!)

Our 4,000 square foot house in a moderate climate has been hanging off these for 3.5 years now,

Paul

Back