diy solar

diy solar

Jiabaida JBD BMS with Xiaoxiang App Issues

al128

Hey all, well i finally figured out how to get my app working after reading posts here... after getting frustrated about the fact you need location turned on with android and finding out it's an android thing not a xiaoxiang thing i went ahead and did it. So got it working on my new bank of 16 cells. However, other than when i change parameters i need to do it multiple times for them to be actually changed, and finding out that it won't actually change the 20s to a 16s, i've found that the JBD BMS senses the voltages completely up the shitter. I test all cell voltages at 3.29V or 3.3V (very tight range of 0.01V) with a multimeter, whereas the BMS is saying there's a range of about 2.9V to 3.42V (about 0.52V range).

specs of setup:
16s x Winston 200Ah cells
BMS - JBD-AP20S006-L20S-300A
App - Xiaoxiang3.1.1026

At this stage i'm not really all that impressed with the whole BMS/App system and don't really want to trust thousands of dollars worth of battery bank to such a dodgy BMS setup (if i've got everything working correctly!) but am open to hearing any suggestions on something i'm doing wrong if anyones got any input? I've checked all the wiring and it's hooked up correctly...

TIA

How are the sense wires connected to the cells/bus bars? Care to share a picture?

How are the sense wires connected to the cells/bus bars? Care to share a picture?
Will have to get a pic tomorrow arvo as it's dark outside now and i'm away in the morning, but it's done with ring terminals crimped to the wires. Looking at the voltages i don't have any reason to think it's a connection issue, i'll get a pic of that tomorrow, you will see what i mean. It's definitely an issue with the BMS or app...

I'm quite sure you haven't connected it properly.

If connected properly, it should be visible in the app as a 16S config. If you don't connect all wires properly it will default to a 20S, and you can't adjust this without fixing the wiring.

i'm not familar with this specific model, but on all other JBD BMSses I have used you need to parallel-connect any unused balance wires if you're using not the full string.

on the 6-21S BMS the last 2 cells of the string needs to be connected to the last balance cables, all others starting at BC0, and all unused wires between should be connected together to the 3rd cell from the end of the string.

Something similar should be required for your setup and I expect you now have some unconnected balance leads. This will cause incorrect readings, and the BMS not recognizing it as a 16S string (which it should do automaticly once connected properly)

1655556206438.png
Note: This is from the wiring diagram of the AP21S001 JBD 6-21S 200A BMS. NOT specificly your model BMS so double check before assuming.

Edit: Found this thread here:

That schematic matches the description above for the other model, so it looks the wiring is similar

OK, don't shoot me, i was using these instructions! ?:)
JBD BMS wiring instructions 2.jpg

Once i saw the pics above i realised what my manual meant... It's now working properly thanks to the advice above, thanks all! ;) Although i do find it really stupid the app requires location tracking to be turned on to work... hardly need it to operate a BMS!

Has anyone got a complete manual similar to the one above? Obviously the one i got given is a little hard (for me) to understand...

I'm quite sure you haven't connected it properly.

If connected properly, it should be visible in the app as a 16S config. If you don't connect all wires properly it will default to a 20S, and you can't adjust this without fixing the wiring.

i'm not familar with this specific model, but on all other JBD BMSses I have used you need to parallel-connect any unused balance wires if you're using not the full string.

on the 6-21S BMS the last 2 cells of the string needs to be connected to the last balance cables, all others starting at BC0, and all unused wires between should be connected together to the 3rd cell from the end of the string.

Something similar should be required for your setup and I expect you now have some unconnected balance leads. This will cause incorrect readings, and the BMS not recognizing it as a 16S string (which it should do automaticly once connected properly)

View attachment 99069
Note: This is from the wiring diagram of the AP21S001 JBD 6-21S 200A BMS. NOT specificly your model BMS so double check before assuming.

That schematic matches the description above for the other model, so it looks the wiring is similar
I've followed the diagram above for my BMS (model JBD-AP21S001-L21S-150A-B). For 16S. But upon starting it sets 17S. 6A666921-ABB1-4BE8-84BA-9885215009CE.png

I can change the cells to 16 using the config page of the app but the voltages sometimes read incorrectly as described by the OP. They fluctuate which is even stranger. The cells that read wrongly tend to be the weaker cells, I'm not sure the reason for that.

The hookup for the AP21S001 and the AP20S003 are not the same. The AP21S apparently has one B+ sense/power wire while the AP20S has two (one for sense, the other for BMS power).

The easy way to wire an AP21S001 for 16S might be:
1. Disconnect both sense harnesses from the BMS.
2. Connect the B- pole to the B- lugs on the BMS using suitable gauge wire.
3. Connect the BC0 sense wire to the B- pole.
4. Connect the remaining wires on that harness to B1+, B2+, etc. until you run out of wires at B14+.
5. Connect the BC21 sense wire to the B16+ (B+) pole.
6. Connect the BC20 sense wire to B15+.
7. Connect the remaining sense wires to B14+, where you should already have a red wire from step 4.
8. Carefully verify your hookup using a voltmeter.
9. Attach the BC0 harness to the BMS.
10. Attach the BC21 harness to the BMS.
11. Verify proper operation.

wires-jpg.94580

The easy way to wire an AP20S003 for 16S might be:
1. Disconnect both sense harnesses from the BMS.
2. Connect the B- pole to the blue B- wire on the BMS.
3. Connect the B0 sense wire to the B- pole.
4. Connect the remaining wires on that harness to B1+, B2+, etc. until you run out of wires at B13+ (with a red wire).
5. Connect both the B+ and the B20 sense wires (both are red) to the B16+ (B+) pole.
6. Connect the B19 sense wire (yellow) to B15+.
7. Connect the remaining sense wires to B14+ (should be a black, three white, and a yellow).
8. Carefully verify your hookup using a voltmeter.
9. Attach the B0 harness to the BMS.
10. Attach the B20 harness to the BMS.
11. Verify proper operation.

JBD_AP20S003S_Connectors.jpg

I think your description for the AP21 is as per the diagram, and how I've done it. Mine comes up with 17 cells though, cell 15 zero.

1655910626567.png

I think your description for the AP21 is as per the diagram, and how I've done it. Mine comes up with 17 cells though, cell 15 zero.

View attachment 99598
That sounds odd. I don't mean to be patronising but have you checked you haven't left one wire out? (B16?) Mine works well now that i have wired it up as per the diagram above although i still don't like the location tracking required on my phone. I will be looking to get a location tracking spoof app soon...

That sounds odd. I don't mean to be patronising but have you checked you haven't left one wire out? (B16?) Mine works well now that i have wired it up as per the diagram above although i still don't like the location tracking required on my phone. I will be looking to get a location tracking spoof app soon...
Yeah i have double checked. Will check one last time, and maybe check the crimped connectors and wires integrity. Got a JK bms, JBD being disappointingly unhelpful to resolve this

Yeah i have double checked. Will check one last time, and maybe check the crimped connectors and wires integrity. Got a JK bms, JBD being disappointingly unhelpful to resolve this
Double checking the crimp connections is a great idea. I reassembled my battery after building a compression frame and top balancing and found that the BMS was very confused (even telling me I had 18v on my 4S pack) when I hooked it back up. I pulled forcefully on each BMS sensor connection at the crimp and found two that would pull out. The BMS has been happy since I repaired those connections.

This diagram is from the jdb website resource files https://jiabaidabms.com/pages/download-files

If you scroll to the bottom of that page you will see it. It's a zipped-up file using the .rar extension, so you will need an unzipper; I use the free 7-zip.

The diagrams on it, are for the AP21S002/AP20S006/AP20S003 versions

There are no diagrams for the ap21s001, which is very annoying, as that's one of their latest models

It's all very confusing, as this is also quite different from all other diagrams here.

I have a 4S BMS. Don't know if there is a difference but I don't have the ground wire from the sense connector tied to the cells. This was based on a diagram I found when I was setting them up last summer

i have a JBD 7S-20S 200A BMS, i´d say 20-series. 17S. above shown connection works for me, IF i connect redundant 3 bal.wires to 15th cell (3rd last) and NOT to 14th. in which case 20S will be displayed.
my problem is i can´t activate discharge current, can´t shift discharge button to d right - any ideas why not?

Attachments

• JBD 7S-20S 200A BMS_power.jpeg
    JBD 7S-20S 200A BMS_power.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 20
Back