diy solar

diy solar

JiaBaiDa UP Series BMS (Parallel Packs)

Hi Hermann, can you elaborate a bit how you connected (hardware) the BMS with the RasPi? I assume you are running Venus on the RasPi. I am really struggling to connect the JBD UP16S010 (200Amps version) with the RasPi Venus. With the BMS I also go the USB>UART cable. I can connect with this cable using the JBD Tools on my PC. Then I tried using this cable to connect the RasPi with the BMS (on RS485 port of the JBD) but the BMS doesn’t show up on the Device List in Venus. Also tried the CAN port right next to the RS485 but also there, no success. Maybe the USB>UART cable supplied by JBD is only good for the PC connecting via JBD tools?
Thanks in advance, Norman
I recently got this BMS and initially tried to do RS485 with Venus OS (on an RPi4) as well, but I could not find the right drivers for this specific BMS. I did get the BMS connected easily via CAN. You just need a USB-CAN adapter that supports the right drivers for plug-and-play in Venus OS. You have to make the cable from an existing RJ45 cable or using something like a RJ45 breakout with jumper cables. The pins to use are in the manuals found elsewhere in this thread (only 3 pins for CAN). I can confirm both of these adapters work for me (Amazon US):

Currently it's communicating fine with Venus OS. Shows up as Liontron battery and DVCC is enabled automatically in Venus OS when plugged in. However, the BMS seems to want to stay in absorption mode and never go to float based on control parameters seen in Venus OS. Currently investigating that. if anyone has insight for the right setting, or has better documentation for all the various settings in the parameters page of the software...

I recently got this BMS and initially tried to do RS485 with Venus OS (on an RPi4) as well, but I could not find the right drivers for this specific BMS. I did get the BMS connected easily via CAN. You just need a USB-CAN adapter that supports the right drivers for plug-and-play in Venus OS. You have to make the cable from an existing RJ45 cable or using something like a RJ45 breakout with jumper cables. The pins to use are in the manuals found elsewhere in this thread (only 3 pins for CAN). I can confirm both of these adapters work for me (Amazon US):

Currently it's communicating fine with Venus OS. Shows up as Liontron battery and DVCC is enabled automatically in Venus OS when plugged in. However, the BMS seems to want to stay in absorption mode and never go to float based on control parameters seen in Venus OS. Currently investigating that. if anyone has insight for the right setting, or has better documentation for all the various settings in the parameters page of the software...
Thanks nonik, I finally got it to talk to RPi4 Venus exactly as you said using CAN. I used this CAN-USB adapter: CANable USB adapter
To get it wired up I used an old ETH cable as a donor and connected the RX/TX wires to the screw terminals of the CAN adapter. The JBD manual Luckily shows where in the RJ45 the cables have to go.
After connectimg the cable and the USB adapter the BMS now shows up in Venus as a Liontron. I will have to work with this for the moment. So far this is ok as I only have one battery bank. Not sure how I will manage parallel BMS but that’s something I will have to look at in the future. I am still building the rest of the system. The Victron MPII is still in the box same as the MPPT. So I can’t say yet how the BMS behaves and signals its state vis the CAN bus.

You mentioned the BMS would stay in absorption mode. Where can I see this in the remote console? I see the Battery Volts, Amps, Watts as well as SoC, BAt temperature… through the CAN in the remote console. But I couldn’t find something like absorption mode. Is it under DVCC? If so, I guess I don’t see it yet as I haven’t got the MPPT connected. Early days….

Does anyone knows the funktion of J10 "External pre-discharge resistor interface". I cannot find any further informations about this connector.
I think it is for pre charging the loads to prevent overCurrentProtection.
And i have a problem to wakeup bms via communication if there was no communication for hours. Is there a fix?

Jó napot, új vagyok itt, a paraméterek beállításával van gondom van egy bock 48V 100A Lifepo4-em, tudnátok tanácsot adni milyen paramétereket kell beállítani, van egy BMS JBD-UP16S010-L16S-200A-BRC ill. egy Deye 6kw-os és 3 fázisú inverter. Thx

Jó napot, új vagyok itt, a paraméterek beállításával van gondom van egy bock 48V 100A Lifepo4-em, tudnátok tanácsot adni milyen paramétereket kell beállítani, van egy BMS JBD-UP16S010-L16S-200A-BRC ill. egy Deye 6kw-os és 3 fázisú inverter. Thx
Good day, I'm new here, I have a problem with setting the parameters, I have a bock 48V 100A Lifepo4, could you advise me on which parameters to set, I have a BMS JBD-UP16S010-L16S-200A-BRC or a Deye 6kw and 3 phase inverter. Thx
wishing you good luck!

Back