diy solar

diy solar

Jinko vs LongI vs Trina: Which one should I get?

burgerking

Last week I phone my supplier for 7 more 465W Jinko Panels.
This Monday, supplier informed me they ran out of railings and later on the 465W Jinko panels are out of stock as well.

I scour for other suppliers and found:
Trina
LongI

In your opinion, which of these would you buy?
I personally preferred Jinko, but they are out of stock.

If you are adding to existing panels in an array, any added in series should be very similar current. Any strings added in parallel should be very similar voltage.

The reliability reports describe various degradation mechanisms. Some relate to heat, some humidity, some both, so consider your local environment. How they are biased (positive or negative voltage with respect to ground, how high a voltage) can also matter. There's a lot in the reports, and your type of system determines those voltage conditions.

If you are building a big system, it wouldn't be bad to have two different brands in separate strings (ideally separate MPPT). If it turns out one degrades the other might hold up. Eggs and baskets, you know.

I have both Jinko and Trina 405w non-bifacial panels and they both look like same quality, specs are very close, I would buy either of those brands again. I don't have any experience with Longl so can't speak for them.

Back