diy solar

diy solar

JITA 12.8V 300Ah Lifepo4 battery charging....doesnt seen to want to go above 13.6V

CVdave

I have a new JITA 300Ah Lifepo4 battery, seems to be working fine BUT it doesnt seem to be interested in charging to a voltage above 13,6 V. Even with my 30A ac charger pushing 30A for 3hrs it only goes up to 13.6V. The BMS is not stopping the charge as it should not at this voltage. I do realize that 13.6V is 100% charge, I was under the understanding that it should charge up to 14.6V. Any ideas?

Thanks

What are your charge settings (what are the charging volts)?
Is it still pushing any amps at 13.6V?
Charger was still pushing 29Amps, battery voltage started at 13.2V after a nights use and went up to 13.4 volts after 2 hrs with 30Amp charge. The highest voltage I have seen so far has been 13.6 volts. The charger is set to turn off at 14.6V. I am fine with 13.6V, as it will result in longer battery life but I am just surprised that it has never reached a voltage over 13,6 so far.. Perhaps the battery has just never been 100% charged

I have a new JITA 300Ah Lifepo4 battery, seems to be working fine BUT it doesnt seem to be interested in charging to a voltage above 13,6 V. Even with my 30A ac charger pushing 30A for 3hrs it only goes up to 13.6V. The BMS is not stopping the charge as it should not at this voltage. I do realize that 13.6V is 100% charge, I was under the understanding that it should charge up to 14.6V. Any ideas?

Thanks
Your ac charger would need up to 10 hours to charge it to full

I think you are right, looking at the current vs voltage curve, I believe I was just headed up the voltage curve.. The curve is quite vertical near the full charge point

Back