diy solar

diy solar

JK 4S 200A BMS 4.5" LCD display

dtidmore

I ordered the 4.5" LCD bespoke to the JK-B2A8S20P BMS (including -H variant). My question at this time is to @Nami regarding extending the included, very short (30cm / 12") LCD/push button cable.

My thoughts are to use CAT6 cable to extend the distance between the BMS and the LCD display. I wish to locate the display about 25ft from the actual BMS.

Before I buy the parts, do the Hankzor engineers see issues with my plan?

Last edited:
The default cable length is made according to the requirements of ordinary customers. If a custom length LCD cable is required, the minimum custom quantity is 100pcs.

I ordered the 4.5" LCD bespoke to the JK-B2A8S20P BMS (including -H variant). My question at this time is to @Nami regarding extending the included, very short (30cm / 12") LCD/push button cable.

My thoughts are to use CAT6 cable to extend the distance between the BMS and the LCD display. I wish to locate the display about 25ft from the actual BMS.

Before I buy the parts, do the Hankzor engineers see issues with my plan?
as long as the wiring on both ends is an exact match to the original, using CAT6 ethernet cable might work.

however, if the shunt voltage drop is sensed over this long wire set, inaccuracy might result.

if the sensing is done at the shunt resistor itself and digitally transmitted to the LCD, then there should be no issue

25 feet ought to work, but no guarantee of course

disclaimer: i've never used this model device before. however, cat6 is pretty decent candidate for this sort of hack in my opinion

There's an interesting idea from your above comment for JiKong to consider...
To have a "module" with female RJ45 to handle CanBus (Surface Mounted), RS485, and maybe even RJ45 TTL to USB shorty cables for a couple of extra dollars.
Would that ever help out a LOT of people and anything that makes it easier to implement the more people will rave about it.

The default cable length is made according to the requirements of ordinary customers. If a custom length LCD cable is required, the minimum custom quantity is 100pcs.
@Nami, 30cm (the length of the default cable) is not adequate for ANY installation! The 4.5" display is a remote display, NOT something to be located immediately adjacent to the BMS. The ability to easily extend the cable in the field is a must.

Last edited:
There's an interesting idea from your above comment for JiKong to consider...
To have a "module" with female RJ45 to handle CanBus (Surface Mounted), RS485, and maybe even RJ45 TTL to USB shorty cables for a couple of extra dollars.
Would that ever help out a LOT of people and anything that makes it easier to implement the more people will rave about it.
I am going to simply move forward with extending the cable. I am going to divide the provided pigtail and terminate the ends with CAT6 RJ45 connectors. I will then use a CAT6 extender cable. I will post what I find. I will be kicking off this project once I get a set of cells inbound from China which should arrive in early July.

As the BMS reports all the same data via BT to the app, the BMS itself clearly is handling the analog to digital conversions. The supplied cable is 6 conductor. As the display requires 2 wires for power and there are two wires dedicated to the push button, that only leaves 2 wires for the data, so all info from the BMS to the display has to be digital.

good luck with the modification!

eager to hear how it goes,

good luck and have fun ??

I think it would be no problem to do so as long as the pins of the connector that corresponds to the serial communication is using the same twisted pair of the CAT6 cable. Maybe it will cause interference if a longer cable is used and this is not taken into consideration. I have the same type of BMS and I want to add a display to it also. I already prepared with a CAT5 cable but ordered the display yet.

I am going to simply move forward with extending the cable. I am going to divide the provided pigtail and terminate the ends with CAT6 RJ45 connectors. I will then use a CAT6 extender cable. I will post what I find. I will be kicking off this project once I get a set of cells inbound from China which should arrive in early July.

As the BMS reports all the same data via BT to the app, the BMS itself clearly is handling the analog to digital conversions. The supplied cable is 6 conductor. As the display requires 2 wires for power and there are two wires dedicated to the push button, that only leaves 2 wires for the data, so all info from the BMS to the display has to be digital.
Did you get your cells and how is the project going?

Hi I too would order a remote screen if the cable can be extended so monitoring can be done in the house or if the Bluetooth could be extended?

dear @dtidmore may i ask did this pan out?

kind regards

Hi I couldn’t find any info so I ordered the screen and the converter and extended the wires @35m using cat 6 cable works just fine
I didn’t connect the start button as I’d rather do that where the battery is and I mounted the screen with a couple of small right angle brackets
See pic of inside box for those interested

Attachments

• 9D8EFDBE-EF15-461C-A481-65064556E5CA.jpeg
    9D8EFDBE-EF15-461C-A481-65064556E5CA.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 6330D4AC-C581-42AD-B257-B9185BA0AFDD.jpeg
    6330D4AC-C581-42AD-B257-B9185BA0AFDD.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 730CF85D-9C2E-4888-A134-FE6F0215C37A.jpeg
    730CF85D-9C2E-4888-A134-FE6F0215C37A.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 141
Can someone tell / show me how this LCD screen is supposed to be mounted? Mine came with no clips, screw holes or methods to securely mount it in any way.
There are 4 ea 3mm screw holes accessible once you remove the plastic back piece. Buy a 3mm standoff kit, 3mm various length screws, washers and mount them as needed to sheet metal. I angle mounted mine to an oak battery compression end-board, by using the standoffs and screws on the bottom and then E6000 adhesve under screw heads and across the top. No drilling necessary. Use blue masking tape to hold in place for 24 hrs until adhesive cures. Add a toggle switch to the power wire if desired and they work great. Oh, if you're worried about tearing that seal in the back, don't worry they're not worth shipping back to China for warranty anyway if you could even get them replaced by the vendor. Same with battery cells with most vendors.

Last edited:
Hi I couldn’t find any info so I ordered the screen and the converter and extended the wires @35m using cat 6 cable works just fine
I didn’t connect the start button as I’d rather do that where the battery is and I mounted the screen with a couple of small right angle brackets
See pic of inside box for those interested
Your 3rd photo (small transformer looking box)... Is it a step up or down transformer to power the display? I ask because after 3 months of working fine, I wake up with one of my 4.3" displays not working, and had thoughts that this might be the culprit.

Can someone provide me a link to where I can buy the display? Google is letting me down.

Thank you

Hi it’s a step down transformer,the display needs 12v dc to work
Thx my friend, I've got an inquiry to Hankzor Store (Aliexpress), but I'm not to confident they can/will help me with a replacement harness
Are the connectors JST 2mm pitch?

Back