diy solar

diy solar

JK 4S 200A BMS

Unfortunately the HankzorBMS store has advised some chips need replacing?? After repeated requests they keep stalling and blaming their supplies and still won't provide a solution and replace. I am very disappointed so far with the service especially after spending nearly $500 on 2 BMS's and being left in the lerch.
Well Hankzor don't reply anymore and won't provide any warranty to a 30 day old bms. Very sad!! Come on Nami, Hankzor needs to honour their warranties!!!

Looks like mine may have died as well. I turned it add a new shore charger to my system and when I turned it back on all I get is random, irregular beeping but no boot up.

How do you contact Hankzor? I cannot find anything on the ali page.

I don't think Nami will respond as Hankzor apparently have a policy of not providing service to anyone who has a problem and complains about it. Go figure. I think they think that not providing service to people who have issues with their products is going to help their business but I don't think they realize people get angry and upset and will never buy another product from them regardless of how great they may sound. Bad news travels faster that the other.

I a company cannot even honour a 12month warranty on a 30 day old product then there is something fundamentaly wrong with them and why would anyone want to buy their products??!!!!

I actually tested this. With a class-T fuse in each bank, I shorted the output of 2 paralleled 48V packs, each with a 100A JK BMS. Multiple times. Cost me a lot of money in Class T fuses (maybe this explains the current shortage) ;)
Both BMS are still running without issues today.
Hi!
Still reading as much as I can on Fast Acting Class T fuses as I'm about to start building my first LiFePo4 battery (24v, 280ah cells).
Could you please point me to the fuses and fuse holders that you're using (with success ) in your setup?
Or are they really created equally, unlike most electronics?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think Nami will respond as Hankzor apparently have a policy of not providing service to anyone who has a problem and complains about it. Go figure. I think they think that not providing service to people who have issues with their products is going to help their business but I don't think they realize people get angry and upset and will never buy another product from them regardless of how great they may sound. Bad news travels faster that the other.

I a company cannot even honour a 12month warranty on a 30 day old product then there is something fundamentaly wrong with them and why would anyone want to buy their products??!!!!
Damm...
I was about to buy JK for BMSs!!
@Nami , is this after sales scenario true?

Regards

Is there any possiblity to restore the password? unfortunately I have changed my password, but now it doesn´t regcognize it anymore.
The support of jkbms.com is dead and my seller on alibaba is also helpless

Darn. I was about to purchase these JK BMSs.

Is everyone still having issues and no contact/help from them or any of their reps?

@Nami logs in frequently but hasn’t replied to any threats since Aug 26.

Which one to use now. 12v 4s 280ah 150-200ap?

I still have not heard from them !!

I have been experimenting over the last month and have found that using a normal JBD bms and hooking up a Heltec 5A active balancer is not only cheaper but works soooo much better than JK !! I had a pack with a JK and it would never ever actually balance or get close but after installing the Heltec and giving it a few days the pack is now balanced and stays balanced ! The JK could not even come close to it in performance!!

I have give up on JK BMS's they are not worth the trouble! I know they sound like they should be good but when you put them to the real test they can't pull their weight anyway let alone the BACKUP SERVICE that DOESN'T EXIST! when they fail!

I still have not heard from them !!

I have been experimenting over the last month and have found that using a normal JBD bms and hooking up a Heltec 5A active balancer is not only cheaper but works soooo much better than JK !! I had a pack with a JK and it would never ever actually balance or get close but after installing the Heltec and giving it a few days the pack is now balanced and stays balanced ! The JK could not even come close to it in performance!!

I have give up on JK BMS's they are not worth the trouble! I know they sound like they should be good but when you put them to the real test they can't pull their weight anyway let alone the BACKUP SERVICE that DOESN'T EXIST! when they fail!

Thanks so much for your input @Alltron . I'm glad to hear that as I'm about to pull the trigger on 2x JBD 12v 4s 200amps with Heat port. Just not sure to get from the Chna slow boat or pay 2x and get from US. Though I can't really find the 200amp versions in US.

I'll def have to check out the Heltec Balancers!

If I got the Active Balancers then I theoretically could just use them to Top Balance my new grade A EVE 280ahs right? Or would I still be better off with an inexpensive bench top or the appropriate charger.
Guess it would be good to have a little bench power supply around regardless.

Thx!

Darn. I was about to purchase these JK BMSs.

Is everyone still having issues and no contact/help from them or any of their reps?

@Nami logs in frequently but hasn’t replied to any threats since Aug 26.

Which one to use now. 12v 4s 280ah 150-200ap?
I've got a couple of JK BMSs. The first one I got back when they were all the buzz here, and it is still a great BMS. After using a few JBD BMSs, the JK took a bit of getting used to, but I really liked it. The app is much better than the JBD, and the active balancing is game-changing.

I had to wait to buy the second one while they were revising the design to add heating. I finally got it, but when I hooked it up to my 8S 230Ah battery with my Schneider Inverter/Charger and SCC, there was some strange sounds coming from the Inverter/Charger during solar charging. It was kind of a hissing sound, a little like something arcing. I was afraid it was going to burn something out in my Schneider equipment, so I fell back to my JBD BMS that had been operational for a few months with no issue. I tried again later and made sure I could pin-point it to the BMS.

I found someone else here posted the same issue (Sorry, I can't find it now). I tagged @Nami a couple of times, but he/she has never replied. I'm trying not to judge JK/Hankzor, but I've personally made the decision not to buy any more of the JK BMSs until I hear more information.

It is pretty sad for me, as I really thought that the JK was the BMS at the top of the list. Now.... I'm not so sure. The fact that I'm now seeing no one able to get any customer service pretty much seals it.

I've got a couple of JK BMSs. The first one I got back when they were all the buzz here, and it is still a great BMS. After using a few JBD BMSs, the JK took a bit of getting used to, but I really liked it. The app is much better than the JBD, and the active balancing is game-changing.

I had to wait to buy the second one while they were revising the design to add heating. I finally got it, but when I hooked it up to my 8S 230Ah battery with my Schneider Inverter/Charger and SCC, there was some strange sounds coming from the Inverter/Charger during solar charging. It was kind of a hissing sound, a little like something arcing. I was afraid it was going to burn something out in my Schneider equipment, so I fell back to my JBD BMS that had been operational for a few months with no issue. I tried again later and made sure I could pin-point it to the BMS.

I found someone else here posted the same issue (Sorry, I can't find it now). I tagged @Nami a couple of times, but he/she has never replied. I'm trying not to judge JK/Hankzor, but I've personally made the decision not to buy any more of the JK BMSs until I hear more information.

It is pretty sad for me, as I really thought that the JK was the BMS at the top of the list. Now.... I'm not so sure. The fact that I'm now seeing no one able to get any customer service pretty much seals it.

Yes they are expensive mistakes. I think people can get caught up in the hype without doing due research and backup support is important. Maybe JK/Hankzor may have had good backup service in times past but I think they have lost the plot now thats for sure.

Very unfortunate as I have one on the way and wanted to give it a try to see if this is something to use in both setups. But guess I will be researching some more and find something that holds up one day.

Thank you so much for your input @Horsefly , @Alltron , and @tim0shel.
Shame about JK because they seemed to be heading in a good direction as far as adding functionality and their built-in active balancers.

I am buying JBDs newer version with heat. Connected-Current and OverKillSolar support them and have a lot of helpful docs, tips and setup info.

I am going to try the JBD with adding Heltec 5A active balancers like @Alltron has had success with (check a few posts back).

Last edited:
Could lack of JK response have anything to do with China still having COVID lockdowns?

Could lack of JK response have anything to do with China still having COVID lockdowns?
Doubt it. As the main contact on here that I saw for JK has been @Nami. Apparently logs on all here all the time (last night even) yet hasn't responded to anything since Aug 25th. And there are a lot of threads and posts with issues and asking for help.

Same with reports of users contacting the reseller and even then manufacturer direct.

Sounds like nothing but crickets unfortunately.

Enough for me to cross that off the list. lol

Yes they have certainly done themselves a dis-service by not addressing problems to start with! It all started with a faulty BMS and not getting a timely response then unfavourable things are said and then they use that as an excuse to say they are not going to give service to people who complain which then makes more people upset and bag them out even more. I don't know how many sales they are loosing now but surely its alot more than if they had of done the right thing to start with! Lucky for me it forced me to find another solution which has ended up being cheaper and way better which I would not have investigated if it wasn't for their poor service! Thanks Nami/Hankzor

Thank you so much for your input @Horsefly , @Alltron , and @tim0shel.
Shame about JK because they seemed to be heading in a good direction as far as adding functionality and their built-in active balancers.

I am buying JBDs newer version with heat. Connected-Current and OverKillSolar support them and have a lot of helpful docs, tips and setup info.

I am going to try the JDM with adding Heltec 5A active balancers like @Alltron has had success with (check a few posts back).
I'm also going to try the JDM route which I will have the JK incoming but I need two BMS's anyways so guess I will try both. I think the one think I was liking on the JK was option for the screen. I like having this for my systems are portable ish and having that display on the outside helps with the stats.

Back