JK 4S BMS brand new with errors

Csayers

Just reaching out to see if anyone with the new JK-B2A8S20P-H has the follwing error:

Protection (CPU AUX Anomaly)

It happens within minutes of boot. I have not done any charging or dischraging of battery yet until I find out what this means,
HANKZOR has not been helpful

Csayers

Hankzor has replied that the engineer says the current acquisition chip is faulty. The BMS would throw this protection fault and the temperature reading for the two temperature leads and the MOSFET reading all went to zero.

They are sending me a chip to repair the BMS I have and also sending a new one. If I can repair the old one I will have 2 working BMS.

Hoping I can repair the old one but engineers said it is current related. Another post here said they had a fault that specifically named the current chip, mine does not, we will see.

Overall happy with resolution assuming new BMS throws no errors,

markus_gt4

hello, how did you solve the problem? I now have the same error after 2 days of use. hankzor needs to consult with the engineer. When I ask if I can continue to operate the bms with the error without being afraid, I get the answer "never mind" 😱

I'm not good at soldering and would be afraid of such a repair. it's very sad i was so happy with the bms and after 2 days the next problem.

All the best Markus

Last edited:

Csayers

They sent a new bms. New one has no errors. I also didn’t get straight answer wether it was safe to use but I didn’t chance it as it looked like the temp sensor for mosfets was not active.

markus_gt4

thank you for your quick feedback. did you open a dispute? did you try to fix the old one? can you trace back the differences, whether there is a connection between the serial number and the defect between the two bms?

sorry for my Bad English haha

markus_gt4

another question, how long did you have to wait for an answer from hankzor engineer?

Csayers

thank you for your quick feedback. did you open a dispute? did you try to fix the old one? can you trace back the differences, whether there is a connection between the serial number and the defect between the two bms?

sorry for my Bad English haha
I did not fix old one as new chip was not sent. The new one has same hardware number as old one. I can’t see any obviuos connection to serial number and error

SolarSmurf

I also got this error with mine & had to return it to Hankzor. Waiting for a replacement. Can anyone advise me how to connect my heat pads to the wires supplied with the device (1 bundle of green wires, 1 red wire & 1 black wire). I am not getting any sensible answer from Hankzor. TIA

weeman

For the heat pad, the bundle of green wires are the switched negative and the red & black aren't required. Connect heat pad to the green wires and to the battery postive.