diy solar

diy solar

JK 4S BMS brand new with errors

this capacitor is gone, it may have been poorly soldered, I don’t know if this could lead to a breakdown

Attachments

• capacitor.png
    capacitor.png
    504.1 KB · Views: 6
Hello? I have JK-BD6A17S8P and the same problem (Protection (CPU AUX Anomaly)). I use it in battary for scooter. External Temp sensors have 9.4kOm, voltage to sensors 2V. I do not think it's sensors problem.
==============================================
help me find the cause, where to look? I think all bms are made according to typical scheme, please indicate where to look for the cause of the malfunction, thanks.
All power mosfets are - serviceable, I test it.
Mine B2A8S20P has unmarked 10 pin chip in package smaller than SOP near this place.
I have already 3 bms with such malfunction. :(
They are more or less working, except something happens with current reading and hence with SOC as well. Also, one bms which is on a tricycle (small ev) deny to charge it, probably because due to bms disconnecting a charger, that is why it stops charge battery.

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-11_18-52-09.jpg
    photo_2023-09-11_18-52-09.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 7
The continuation of the story with "CPU AUX Anomaly" without happy ending.

I replaced all three chips with new STI3470.
BMS "works" - it shows correct data, I can change settings, etc.
But while charging it continues repeatedly reboots (maybe not so frequently as before), but with another error
[Abnormal coprocessor communication] [Abnormal cancellation of coprocessor communication]
I've seen some posts here and here with such error, but it seems that there is no solution for it.
Also I saw only two sources with this error in the internet - this forum and esphome-jk-bms github.

@upnorthandpersonal, thank you very much for helping!
Maybe sometime in the future I'll return to this BMS and try to figure out what is the problem.
But winter is coming and now the best solution seems to just replace it with an another one. Definitely not JK))

Back