diy solar

diy solar

JK 4S BMS brand new with errors

Csayers

Just reaching out to see if anyone with the new JK-B2A8S20P-H has the follwing error:

Protection (CPU AUX Anomaly)

It happens within minutes of boot. I have not done any charging or dischraging of battery yet until I find out what this means,
HANKZOR has not been helpful

Hankzor has replied that the engineer says the current acquisition chip is faulty. The BMS would throw this protection fault and the temperature reading for the two temperature leads and the MOSFET reading all went to zero.

They are sending me a chip to repair the BMS I have and also sending a new one. If I can repair the old one I will have 2 working BMS.

Hoping I can repair the old one but engineers said it is current related. Another post here said they had a fault that specifically named the current chip, mine does not, we will see.

Overall happy with resolution assuming new BMS throws no errors,

hello, how did you solve the problem? I now have the same error after 2 days of use. hankzor needs to consult with the engineer. When I ask if I can continue to operate the bms with the error without being afraid, I get the answer "never mind" ?

I'm not good at soldering and would be afraid of such a repair. it's very sad i was so happy with the bms and after 2 days the next problem.

All the best Markus

Last edited:
They sent a new bms. New one has no errors. I also didn’t get straight answer wether it was safe to use but I didn’t chance it as it looked like the temp sensor for mosfets was not active.

thank you for your quick feedback. did you open a dispute? did you try to fix the old one? can you trace back the differences, whether there is a connection between the serial number and the defect between the two bms?

sorry for my Bad English haha

another question, how long did you have to wait for an answer from hankzor engineer?

thank you for your quick feedback. did you open a dispute? did you try to fix the old one? can you trace back the differences, whether there is a connection between the serial number and the defect between the two bms?

sorry for my Bad English haha
I did not fix old one as new chip was not sent. The new one has same hardware number as old one. I can’t see any obviuos connection to serial number and error

I also got this error with mine & had to return it to Hankzor. Waiting for a replacement. Can anyone advise me how to connect my heat pads to the wires supplied with the device (1 bundle of green wires, 1 red wire & 1 black wire). I am not getting any sensible answer from Hankzor. TIA

For the heat pad, the bundle of green wires are the switched negative and the red & black aren't required. Connect heat pad to the green wires and to the battery postive.

i have the same error now (protection cpu /aux anomaly) but all is working well, charge and discharge active normally, balance working so what it mean this error? i'm waiting answer from Hankzor if anyway the bms is reliable. Another issue: i have an inverter voltronic like ( Easun pipmax 8kw), first time i connected the jk bms was impossible to activate the discharge because of activation of short circuit protection (obviosly all wired well), i solved this by myself changing the parameter SCP Delay from 1500 to 5000 microseconds, in my opinion this BMS is not totally compatible with all inverters especially voltronic hybrid

Last edited:
i solved the error in this way: first of all i have a 24s version 200a connected to 16 280a cells, my version has display with power on button. 1) I turned off the bms with long press (5 seconds) of the display button 2) detached temperature cable sensors 3) after 10 seconds i turned it back on displaying the error of the missing temperatur sensor but the protection cpu aux anomaly disappared! 3) hot replug of the temperature sensor and all error disappered, bms perfecly working ;) i hope it help you

Last edited:
same "Protection (CPU AUX Anomaly)" failure with mine JK BMS B2A8S20P from Hankzor. I had a second from JKBMS Store and this works so far.
The first respond was to update the APP, but it is the newest, also the tiny Display show also an error "7" so it is not APP related.

So the resolution is to just get a second BMS? Hankzor has been less than helpful with me as well. Guess I’ll look at other BMS

I have the same issue. I recommended such bmses to neigborhoods. Two of them faied already. One with this communication problem and another one with some strange noise and reduced charge current (seller didn't respond yet to the messages about it, seems like the MOSFETs are switching on and off with high frequency).

I'm tracking down the issue with the BMS. I have a couple of failed ones here sent in by users. I have a pretty good idea of what the issues are, and they should be relatively easy to fix once I have identified the exact DC-DC switching component. My main issue is lack of time at the moment, but I'm trying to solve that.

In case you want to follow along:

Have the same issue with JK-B1A8S20P.
It works normal on boot and discharging, but during charging repeatedly shows Protection (CPU AUX Anomaly).
All temp sensors shows zero, charging amps drops to zero too.

After some time - second or so - error message disappears, all temp sensors show some adequate values and charging continues.
Than error cycle repeats again and again.

Despite this, battery is charging, very slowly, but still charging. I can see charging current on battery wires.
For me, it looks like due to the error some 'microchip' is repeatedly reseted, and charging happens on when it is in 'alive' state.

Did someone know how to fix this issue?
I've read topic about RY3820 replacement, but not sure will this fix this problem (because in that topic there is no such error).

Did someone know how to fix this issue?
I've read topic about RY3820 replacement, but not sure will this fix this problem (because in that topic there is no such error).

Likely related to the same issue as per this thread (see my tests on the last pages):

I'm 98% sure I have it fixed now. Can you replace SMD components on a PCB?

Do you hear any buzzing while charging in the BMS or even the power supply/charge controller?

> Can you replace SMD components on a PCB?
Theoretically or I'll find someone who can.
Also it seems that STI3470 are available in my location.

> Do you hear any buzzing while charging in the BMS or even the power supply/charge controller?
Maybe there some bz-bz in standby mode. But very-very quiet (I have to put my ear almost on the BMS covering plate).
In other modes it is impossible to check it, because the inverter is very noisy.

No other strange sounds.
Both in standby, in discharge mode and during the charging.
At least as it was described in that topic - "arcing / hissing noises".

Maybe there is some way to check if this components?
Is it better to ask it here or move to "Failed JK BMS" thread?
Unfortunately I don't have an oscilloscope, only multimeter.

Back