diy solar

diy solar

JK-B2A24S20P BMS Verify Password to enable settings change

Прочетох цялата тема но не намерих верния отговор за сдвояване към bms jk.
Верният код за сдвояване е 1 2 3 4. Дано да съм полезен на някой!

For anybody wanting an easier way to get a reset code check out Andy's video.

Прочетох цялата тема но не намерих верния отговор за сдвояване към bms jk.
Верният код за сдвояване е 1 2 3 4. Дано да съм полезен на някой!

It's not the pairing code, it's the settings password that people wanted to reset.

Google Translate:

Това не е кодът за сдвояване, а паролата за настройки, която хората искаха да нулират.

I have two B2A8S20P, which worked great from Sept 23 to Jan, this year. Updated the Android app from Play Store in Jan, and Bluetooth pairing login failed. JK has now given 3 or 4 temp/15 minute Bluetooth passwords, which have worked to get into the BMSs, but only lasts those 15 minutes.

The vendor says he'll replace the Bms's, but not sure what brand to go to. This bluetooth issue is nonsense.

Suggestions appreciated.

مرحبا، أريد المساعدة. أريد كلمة المرور الخاصة ببرنامج EDMS الخاص لتحديث وبرمجة بطارية السعادة.

Attachments

• 1000917701.jpg
    1000917701.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 20
Is there any news about your problem? Yesterday i changed the PW in the App, but now it is not recognized anymore
You can download and install previous versions here. I had the same issue and went back a version, all working fine again.

I have two B2A8S20P, which worked great from Sept 23 to Jan, this year. Updated the Android app from Play Store in Jan, and Bluetooth pairing login failed. JK has now given 3 or 4 temp/15 minute Bluetooth passwords, which have worked to get into the BMSs, but only lasts those 15 minutes.

The vendor says he'll replace the Bms's, but not sure what brand to go to. This bluetooth issue is nonsense.

Suggestions appreciated.
You can download and install previous versions here. I had the same issue and went back a version, all working fine again.

Here is the more recent JK BMS App Version 4.19.6 which should also recognice the password if you had changed that (due to the RED ALARAM AND JK APP ADVICE to change the BMS password). I did so yesterday evening and this morning I was no longer able to log into the BMS and change any settings.

Open JK BMS download page here
and then click on the first app version called
"luxpower APP JKBMS_4.19.6 apk"

Be patient cause I got that download only with a partly very slow transfer speed (that 19 MB file took over 8 minutes and multiple pause / download actions to get it fully downloaded)

I have renamed that file on my android device to "jkbms-4.19.6.apk" and installed that.

Now I have access to the BMS settings again and can use the password I was forced to change from 123456 to mypassword yesterday which did not work this morning anymore with the 4.20 app version.

4.19.6. is working - but there is 1 different way too:
#1 change the bms password back to 123456 once you have installed the old 4.19.6 version
#2 now uninstall the app and
#3 install the JK BMS 4.20 from the google play store

I hate to see that JK is not really supporting their customers or only main influencers like Andy from off grid garage.

Their facebook page is outdated, questions and claims are not answered and the internet is full of complains about missing customer support or even reaction on mails.

Unfortunatelly I am not sure about the differences between the 4.20 and 4.19.6

I was not sure about the differences between these 2 releases, so I have installted the 4.20 on my tablet and read the "release notes"

V4.20.0
- Add serial port protocol and CAN protocol items
V4.19.8
- Add Bluetooth MAC address display
V4.19.7
- Adjust parameter settings
V4.19.6
- Add device model
- Add parameter setting items
V4.19.5
- Update CAN protocol
V4.19.4
- Added device support
V4.19.3
- Add trigger source
- Added serial port protocol
V4.19.2
- Added device support
V4.19.1
- Fix Android 14 compatibility issues
V4.19.0
-Fix some display issues

1719239758117.png

For all those who will be struggling too a more recent solution than relying on the older app.

Last edited:
@WOLF-GANG :)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)You are *The Man* Thank you so much for this. I have a trip (camper battery) coming up in a few days and my password would not work even though I wrote it down on my battery box. I was WTF?? worse yet I had left charge off for some reason. After a lot of searching on line I was getting depressed, looking forward to staying up to try and talk with China, I installed the app after the name change (did not download as an APK) and uninstalling the newer version. Works! I was looking forward to multiple hours of hassles.

@WOLF-GANG :)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)You are *The Man* Thank you so much for this. I have a trip (camper battery) coming up in a few days and my password would not work even though I wrote it down on my battery box. I was WTF?? worse yet I had left charge off for some reason. After a lot of searching on line I was getting depressed, looking forward to staying up to try and talk with China, I installed the app after the name change (did not download as an APK) and uninstalling the newer version. Works! I was looking forward to multiple hours of hassles.
And I guess we will have to share more regarding our JK learning curve.
Tried to upgrade the Firmware to 15.17 from 15.10 on my 15.AX hardware but that did not work out cause JK forces you to require from them a code for the upgrade which you can achieve via their "contact page" if you have changed the site to english first.
Then you can choose message to let them know about your request with all the details you get from the about page.

They should instantly reply to you with a code which will be valid for only 15 minutes.

But they do not reply to messages or mails nor facebook, I guess they wanna force you to give them your mobile phone number or whatsapp messenger etc.

And finally: you can update the firmware of the BMS only via Windows PC and in such case you need to setup the dip switches properly.
Properly means that out of the box the windows JK BMS software seems to run once you had chosen the right com port which is usually COM4 or COM5 and not COM1.
If you are using one of the 2 left RS485 ports to connect to your PC then you will get the main readings in the Windows App from the BMS, BUT NOTHGING ELSE you are familiar with from the android app.

As I said: it only seems to work but none of the features available known from android app will be available there under this windows app.

Until you start setting the dip switches properly which means for a single battery / eel / gobel box which means to put the 4 dip switches into these positions
1-0-0-0 or
up - down - down - down

And then your windows JK BMS App will come alive, all the hidden tabs become available and populated with data from the app.
A kind of summary what I have learned yesterday evening and this morning so far.

Funny JK BMS side note: before that I had struggled with my EEL Box V4 built cause my LF280K cell pack showed 51,0V at the connection point of the cables on the 2 cells. Fine, right ?

Yes, until I measured the voltage on the terminal where I connect the cables going to the inverter: just 48V and also slowly declining by 1/10 of a volt every 3 seconds or so. Really strange, why don't I see the full 51V package voltage ?

Easy: You need to activate DISCHARGE in the App first to get power from the battery
Before you are only measuring the voltage of charged capacitors that then start to discharge.

As I said before: lot of experience to share once you have bought a JK BMS
Good luck.

JK BMS seems to really work only with A WINDOWS PC and ANDROID / APPLE (?) App.

The anroid app does everything you might like to do - at least if you are near to the battery within BT range, but be aware:
#1 you can not upgrade the firmware
#2 no remote access from the app

In these cases you will need the the windows app cause this offers the firmware upgrade option, a more convenient UI and if you use Real VNC you will get remote access.

But this is a longer journey and winding road to cover to avoid mistakes I went through the last 3 days

If you wanna upgrade the firmware you will find what you need for the update here

like the RIGHT FIRMWARE & MANUAL which you can find AT THE END OF THE LIST
* UPDATE MANUAL
* WINDOWS Software

I have to mention it cause not everyone will understand from the very first moment what "Inverter BMS host computer program" means.
Inverter can be irritating if you usually call your own product "JK Inverter BMS", but this is the windows app you need to install.

Now back to the "Firmware Upgrade manual" which is called on their site "PB BMS update manual" and is the description of how you should do it, but let us start at the beginning:

If you download the manual give it a proper file name otherwise you will get a really fully self explaining title like
"ee65681a-f709-4967-b313-afbfbfca0bf0.pdf"

Does not really help in the long run, but also worth to mention: this document is from January 2024 - quite most recent, but outdated big times

ATTENTION: BE AWARE THAT THERE IS AT LEAST A 2nd UPDATE 12 page long update manuals like this one here just 1 month older from December 2023 which offers a lot more details and pictures which they call "Microsoft Word - JK-PB-BMS Update process20231102(1)"
Yes, that means again the "JK Inverter BMS" as they call it in the head line and a few line further JK BMS SMART ACTIVE BALANCE BMS"
1719469869448.png

I mention this second manual only for 2 reasons that
* you get a better overview than in the short one
* you always have to be aware that there can be faults inside which can cost you a lot of time like in this case on page 7 the port description where CAN is labeled on the wrong port.
1719469989367.png

From the left the CAN port is the second port and not the first port that can communicate with the Inverter.
If you connect your battery with your can inverter over the left port you will get an error - at least for growatt SPH series, cause the battery will disappear in the display and then an error sign occures.

I do not say that this second manual is useless or wrong in general. It helps to better understand the update procedure on this longer (12 pages) manual compared to the short 1 page update guide mentioned before.

MAIN ISSUE: FIRMWARE UPDATE CODE
You should read both "update manual" of cause, but be aware that you can not expect that it will work this way cause JK has a special update procedure which requires a FIRMWARE UPGRADE CODE that is not older than 15 minutes based on the manual mentioned above.
You have just 15 minutes once they had generated and mailed that to you - which is ridiculous short and therefore this description & solution

You have to get in touch with JK via their website and there you have to find the ENGLISH switch on the upper right and then try your luck cause it is a gamble - if you will get a reply with the code needed and at a time where you are close to the battery cause in 15 minutes this code will be outdated. Writing mails did not work, so I chose their facebook page and then their contact website page own Messenger and asked for the code via SMS.

2 days later and not a single response on any of these ways which means I have tried it 5 ways multiple times and no reaction even though I followed their own instructions till I found the real way to solve it yesterday.

THE SOLUTION
CAME FROM "THE CODEBREAKER Miro" who has published an online CODE generator and for some reason - believe it or not - even JK has recogniced that someone has done that job.
no, they did not hunt him or forced him to shut this down, they silently integrated that on their website without telling you or updating their manual, but you can find it here at the end of the technical support list "FIRMWARE TEMPORARY PASSWORD"

JK BMS stands for words by mouth knowledge (transfer) - at least for me cause out of the box things are quite often looking / feeling strange or weird.

1719469043269.png

And from there you reach Miros world on https://mirofromdiro.github.io/JK-firmware-code/
which you can see here
1719469349609.png

Andy, the german guy from australia, has also done the quite best documentation so far in his videos which JK is using or recommanding too

Finally: Do not believe that the system is faulty if your inverter shows poor charging or discharging performance cause the "basic" or factory settings are quite low even for the biggest 200 A JK inverter BMS cause mine was limited to 40A or so instead of 200A.
And due to the CAN communication the inverter does only use the bandwith the battery / bms provides and in this case 40 A x 50V = 2000 W or 2 kW more or less due to the "JK factory settings" which you can learn more about from Andy's video here

Just a short guide to avoid wasting time and waiting for a CODE from JK BMS that will never arrive and make things more clearer to save time.
I have not checked all the documents for errors or so, I mention only these I had made by following the instructions or due to knowledge from the videos Andy from Off-Grid garage had made.

FINAL HINT: Watch this video and check out his video description cause there you can find the link to his settings and explanations in a written form that can make it easier, a lot easier to follow his video and to understand your settings later in 3 or 5 years why you had chosen what. Andy is the most reliable source regarding JK BMS (regardless which version the older ones or the inverter = smart JK BMS).

Last edited:
Any updates regarding universal JKBMS Password?
My 200A JK 2A BMS now decided the password : 123456 is no longer valid :(

Strange things happening.

Ok, I recently bought the JK-B2A24S20P and loaded the App from android play store then changed the settings access password from 123456.
Now it will not recognize my new password. Then worked with SRIKO to get a temp password from China.
Before that happened I went to JK support page (https://www.jkbms.com/support/) and clicked on the Google Play Icon and Lo and Behold instead of going to the Play Store I get a Zip file download ( enjpower-bms-4.17.0.175-arm64-v8a.zip) which contains a .apk file. Installed the .apk and have the ENJPOWER app and it looks identical to the BMS app from the play store but now it accepts my changed password.
PROBLEM SOLVED.
Hope this helps someone.

diy solar

diy solar
Back