diy solar

diy solar

Jk bms 16s and short circuit protection with voltronic like inverter

Ross DOC

When I active the discharge on the bms connected to a voltronic pip max 8kw start the short circuit protection and the bms remain inactive, Seem a problem of the inverter , turning off the circuit breaker on positive pole of the battery the bms active correctly the discharge mode , any suggestion of inverter parameter? Obviously I checked thousands time all the wiring and all should be ok

It sounds like the BMS cannot handle the surge of connecting the batteries to the inverter. It is a typical problem with inverters in which the capacitors need a lot of current briefly to charge and many people use a pre charge circuit. Search for pre charge or precharge circuit to see alternatives.

thank you! do you think should be also a problem of grounding? actually the case of the inverter is not grounded

It sounds like the BMS cannot handle the surge of connecting the batteries to the inverter. It is a typical problem with inverters in which the capacitors need a lot of current briefly to charge and many people use a pre charge circuit. Search for pre charge or precharge circuit to see alternatives.
i solve all changing this parameter: SCP Delay from 1500 microsecond to 5000 microseconds, probably my invert activate a protection cause of the too fast activatione of the bms discharge mode

Also on the JBD BMS there is a setting for FET time that I have seen and read about being inadvertently set to 0 seconds which will make the BMS cycle the contactor. I've had it happen to me twice now I don't know how it got changed well I do the first time LOL. It is now set to 5 seconds.

i solve all changing this parameter: SCP Delay from 1500 microsecond to 5000 microseconds, probably my invert activate a protection cause of the too fast activatione of the bms discharge mode
How is this working out? I have a similar problem starting an air conditioner. I changed the SCP Delay to 5000uS and it worked but I was worried I would damage the BMS.

How is this working out? I have a similar problem starting an air conditioner. I changed the SCP Delay to 5000uS and it worked but I was worried I would damage the BMS.
Curious here also which I'm trying to turn on inverter with precharge. Samlex ntx-2000-12 inverter with 60w 6ohm resistor holding it longer than I should once I flip on my 250amp relay it will be on for few seconds and disconnect. History log shows its the short disconnect. Crazy to think all the systems out there no issues. Running two JK_B2A8S20P BMS on two 280ah packs. They are paralleled sometimes but one can be used separate in tent or something if wanted for DC stuff.

Wow, i had this issue on an ANT BMS. what is the value of the sc current on the bms?. my 320/140amps ant has 400amps scc and 600us sc time

Back