diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS BT error: Device is not supported

Diesel Pro

I have my JK BMS and the ENJ app 3.6.3.74 loaded to my Android phone. It sees the BMS and recognizes the number but when I go to connect it gives the message device not supported. I've tried email to JK as well as message to Hankzor store, but not getting anywhere so far.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, are you using this one?

Android:

Apple:

Mine is not a BMS but rather a JK active balancer, but I had used this one and it worked for me. Although when I check my iPhone (installed from Apple Store) it shows I have version 3.7.0 installed.

Note, that the Android app version is not on the Play Store (that download above shows version 3.6.3.74).

Are you on Android or IOS? What JK JBMS version are you using?

Assuming the error you see is inferring that the BMS itself is the 'device not supported'.

Last edited:
JK-B2A8S20P

Same file that I downloaded. I am on Android.

Yes error= device is not supported.

I think its an issue with the app itself. I saw where someone with similar model only 24s vs 8s had issues as well. I posted a comment on the message board at github where the app is apparently hosted and we''ll see what happens.

The JK BMS contact form does not work just like so much of the china web links and stuff on alibaba and aliexpress

Last edited:
New: I can see the BMS. I can change the password. Same error when I tap the unit in the menu to try to get data.

This is the splash screen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220104-202436.png
    Screenshot_20220104-202436.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 14
"Scanning the QR code on the device"...

Assuming you mean on your JK BMS... Is this a company affiliated with JK BMS, or is that not a JK BMS you have then?

"Scanning the QR code on the device"...

Assuming you mean on your JK BMS... Is this a company affiliated with JK BMS, or is that not a JK BMS you have then?

I'm not sure what to believe any more. Hankzor store shows them as JK BMS in most listings. Some say JiKong. I'm guessing at this point JiKong is the mfr and someone other than JiKong scooped up the domain JKBMS.

I've given Hankzor raspberries over their lack of any documentation. I mean a simple note stating to scan the QR code to get instructions, app download etc would sure help.

Update: Jikong app v4.0.0 would launch and immediately close on my phone. I got out my old phone and loaded V4.0.0 and it opened just fine. I really need the app on my current phone. After numerous tries of loading, factory resets, etc I finally decided to load a prior version v3.7.5. This loaded just fine for me and functions fine at the moment too.

The key difference here is that my current phone is on Android 12 and the old phone is on Android 11. I’m guessing that the app has not been updated to be compatible with Android 12. At any rate I’m connected and working at this point and waiting for Hankzor to test Android 12 compatibility.

I have a notion that the ENJ app may have the same issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220105-112319.png
    Screenshot_20220105-112319.png
    180 KB · Views: 18
You could also just leave your old Android 11 phone close by the battery bank, and install VNC Server on it (or similar remote desktop style app or solution), then use your main Android 12 phone (where you install VNC Client on it) and can remote into your older phone to look at the BMS data.

I used to do this a lot like for example, I had an old tablet over by my main home stereo, and it would have all the music and streaming apps on it, and also plugged into the stereo input, and I could VNC into it remotely, and control it from any location in the house (or really anywhere in the world through my VPN), and I would just leave that tablet always right there by the stereo as a music server kind of thing.

Now I do that still, but use a Raspberry Pi instead (with Rune Audio OS installed on it).

Just an idea, not sure if feasible for you or not, but figured I'd throw it out there...

Anyways, that's great news you found some solution and closer to the goal...

Last edited:
Update: Jikong app v4.0.0 would launch and immediately close on my phone. I got out my old phone and loaded V4.0.0 and it opened just fine. I really need the app on my current phone. After numerous tries of loading, factory resets, etc I finally decided to load a prior version v3.7.5. This loaded just fine for me and functions fine at the moment too.

The key difference here is that my current phone is on Android 12 and the old phone is on Android 11. I’m guessing that the app has not been updated to be compatible with Android 12. At any rate I’m connected and working at this point and waiting for Hankzor to test Android 12 compatibility.

2mV delta. Is that after the JK did its thing or were they that balanced when you hooked it up. I see that you have different resistance for the sense wires. Did you enter those?

I top balanced them individually with my power supply so they were pretty much full, but I did a quick re-top with the BMS to test. This was several minutes after charge so I'll see what they do when they rest for a while. Also double check voltages with my Fluke to compare

Nice. Did you measure and enter the cell wire resistance? I see that they run from .040 to .042 ohm.

Did you ever figure out a way to make a phone with Android 12 work with the app? My JK BMS was working fine, and now that my phone is upgraded to android 12 it won't even see the BMS in the JK BMS app. In bluetooth it sees it, but won't connect since it is only designed to connect via the app. I would prefer not to revert my phone back to android 11...

Back