diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS CAN bus comms now possible for inverters that support Goodwe and Pylontech batteries

I'm currently testing dynamic charge voltage control, once that's done then I'll review changes with @Sleeper85 and others ahead of a potential release.
After that, multi BMS support might be looked at. Again, no timelines - I have a 2 month old baby and little free time.

I'm currently testing dynamic charge voltage control, once that's done then I'll review changes with @Sleeper85 and others ahead of a potential release.
After that, multi BMS support might be looked at. Again, no timelines - I have a 2 month old baby and little free time.
No pressure - take your time with your kid :)

What is dynamic charge voltage supposed to do?
lower voltage if cell deviation is too high?

yes I was just about to ask if this worked .... but Mr. Der answered my question
I didn't think it was sing one esp to do the master-slave thing, interesting to know this is the case.

Yes this is what I have suggested to sleeper85 who had said it's the next project after another project he is working on right now

@Sleeper85
Are you sure you will not end up prioritizing this as demands grow and probably a less piece of work to tackle? :unsure:;)

Regards
Truly hope the Victron or like shunt is priorizted. The JK BMS's SOC accuracy suck. Would much rather have the inverters operate off of shunt than the BMS' themselves.

No pressure - take your time with your kid :)

What is dynamic charge voltage supposed to do?
lower voltage if cell deviation is too high?
Exactly that, it will automatically reduce charge voltage as cell(s) become imbalanced, particularly if they become runners that approach OVP.

Combined with the automatic charge current control, we should have a much more intelligent setup which can be left 'hands off', even with a problematic battery.

Truly hope the Victron or like shunt is priorizted. The JK BMS's SOC accuracy suck. Would much rather have the inverters operate off of shunt than the BMS' themselves.
This is definitely on my list, I have a Victron smartshunt sitting in a box waiting to be connected, and I know @Sleeper85 has a Junctek shunt waiting too.

This is definitely on my list, I have a Victron smartshunt sitting in a box waiting to be connected, and I know @Sleeper85 has a Junctek shunt waiting too.
In a previous post I noted I have a ESP32 reading from the Victron shunt and setup with a SPI MCP2515 CAN adapter sending Pylon protocol. It's another DEVs project I'm tweaking. Will be hooking it up to the Lux inverter next week at my cabin to test it out with JKs and JBD behind a shunt. I love the direction you guy are going on this project though so will gladly rip/replace with yours. Also plan on testing 1.17.3 with my M5Stack next weekend.

I would like to tell those who are interested in a multi-bms version not to buy too much ESP32 or other hardware in advance. If we want to get it right, it's more than likely that a dedicated PCB will be required.

Have anyone had a look at my repo yet?
We could easily implement a wired victron shunt and the override-logic - my setup is working absoutely fine. we only need one available RX Pin on the ESP32. I dont have an Juntek shunt, but i think it would be a smaller step to add that one later on.

Last edited:
I would like to tell those who are interested in a multi-bms version not to buy too much ESP32 or other hardware in advance. If we want to get it right, it's more than likely that a dedicated PCB will be required.
@Sleeper85
agree, but also disagree (cause you can never have too much ESP32 in stock ;-)

Are you familiar with the BSC Project and the hardware PCB?
The PCB will be available next time and maybe we can use it?

Have anyone had a look at my repo jet?
We could easily implement a wired victron shunt and the override-logic - my setup is working absoutely fine. we only need one available RX Pin on the ESP32. I dont have an Juntek shunt, but i think it would be a smaller step to add that one later on.

Personally I haven't watched it yet. I stopped programming since I left on my trip. I don't have any plans for future projects yet, just ideas and I found a nice open-hardware PCB that maybe could be used. It is necessary to talk about all this with @MrPablo.

If you wish I can add you to our group to discuss it privately.

Personally I haven't watched it yet. I stopped programming since I left on my trip. I don't have any plans for future projects yet, just ideas and I found a nice open-hardware PCB that maybe could be used. It is necessary to talk about all this with @MrPablo.

If you wish I can add you to our group to discuss it privately.
Shure, add me to the group, will be happy to participate

In a previous post I noted I have a ESP32 reading from the Victron shunt and setup with a SPI MCP2515 CAN adapter sending Pylon protocol. It's another DEVs project I'm tweaking. Will be hooking it up to the Lux inverter next week at my cabin to test it out with JKs and JBD behind a shunt. I love the direction you guy are going on this project though so will gladly rip/replace with yours. Also plan on testing 1.17.3 with my M5Stack next weekend.
i have received my Mstacks - send any useful information you have to configuring it...

When you are sure, just post the list of hardware we need to get...

Have anyone had a look at my repo yet?
@Der_Hannes i will take a look today.

Back