diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS flawed construction?

Peer

Hey everyone,

I am thinking about buying/using the JK BMS as many here and on youtube are quite happy with it. During my research I stumbled over this video:

As it is in deep bavarian so that even I, as a german living in bavaria have to really concentrate to understand everything he sais, here are the major "flaws" he talks about and would really appreciate some feedback from people already using this bms.

His main issue is that the thick copper wires running in between the mosfets are only insulated by a thin, not heat resistant coat. And he claimed that some of them were touching the base plate of the mosfets (he had to push them away a little). So in case the mosfets would run hot, the insulation could fail and short the bms.

Other (smaller) issues were that the blue heat transfer stuff was not covering all mosfets and that a can chip was probably missing.

I noticed in this thread that those wires do not seem to be there in these pictures:

I'm not sure if this is because it is another version or an older model?

Also, in the pictures the heat transfer stuff seems to be sized correctly.

I'm thinking about buying the 150A version (with display). Does anyone know if that one might have the same problem? Or is it not really a problem at all?

Last edited:
Back