diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS in boot loop

Brownie Solar

Hi all,

I'm using a JK BMS (B2A8S20P) for 3 months now, it was working great until a month ago, it is giving me this CPU AUX anomaly errors. After a reboot it was gone and works then for a few day and gives back that error. But now I can't boot the BMS anymore, it is stuck in a bootloop, anyone having this experiences? I contacted Hankzor on Aliexpress but I haven't received an answer yet. Kind regards!
IMG_4589.jpg

Exactly the same issue, beeping and a hissing noise coming from the speaker, not from the MOSFETs or capacitors... This thing is dead, and I have still no answer from Hankzor on Aliexpress...

You would think that they would realize that they would realize that bad news travels farther than good news and be all over the few that have problems.

She seems to be radio-silent. This silence is very frustrating given that I still believe that the JK is the best thing going but if the seller is not standing up for the odd failure it becomes an expensive crap shoot.

2 things to remember:
1) The Time Difference ! It is 12 hours different from EST (where I am)
2) The Government there still has many COVID Lockdowns & Restrictions ONGOING which impacts a lot of things across the board.

Link to China-Briefing with detail updated daily.

I guess time will tell. I hope they stand up because I still think the JK BMS is the best thing going.

Good to know. I tried to contact Hankzor but have not yet heard back. My brother-in-law has the skills to change out any part so that would be an option for me. I already had another BMS on order to replace the first one due to concerns about the physical damage in shipping but would like this one repaired to use as a backup.

How did you get in touch with the Hankzor store?
Through Aliexpress.
There are 2 components that have to be replaced, and they will ship it to me today. But these are pictures from a 24s BMS, I have a 4s-8s and only 1 chip has to be replaced. I'll keep you posted when I received and changed the components.

A2df95aab82c14fc096de5af10b805692N.jpg
Aa9b65ecfda654fb7ada9e7ec61dcacfbE.jpg

Thanks for keeping me posted. I have tried to get in touch with Hankzor through their store but so far, the only response I have gotten was telling me to update my app version. It is not an app problem. The replacement that I ordered due to my concerns about the physical damage my first JK recieved during shipping came in today's mail so I will install it but still want to get this one working or replaced so that I have a backup.

Did you have any high charge or discharge that might have caused the failure on yours? I know that I did not. Nothing on my system can draw more than 40A and if everything in the boat is running at the same time it would not top 70A so nothing close to 200A continuous, 350A peak.
During the two, week-long cruises I have done, I averaged 100A / day so not a big user.

My system produced and used 110 Kwh for the 3 months I'm using it so far. Max drawn that I've seen is 30-35 amps. But I have a fridge connected to is and can draw over 100 A for some milliseconds when it is powering on... Andy from Off-Grid Garage on YouTube had it running with 240A for several minutes and blow a MOSFET :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDalnC01MZE&t=1858s I don't think it is a heavy load issue, I think it is the chip that is measuring the voltage, some sort of ADC (analog to digital converter). It's not caused by the wrong/heavy use of it, but a design failure

My system produced and used 110 Kwh for the 3 months I'm using it so far. Max drawn that I've seen is 30-35 amps. But I have a fridge connected to is and can draw over 100 A for some milliseconds when it is powering on... Andy from Off-Grid Garage on YouTube had it running with 240A for several minutes and blow a MOSFET :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDalnC01MZE&t=1858s I don't think it is a heavy load issue, I think it is the chip that is measuring the voltage, some sort of ADC (analog to digital converter). It's not caused by the wrong/heavy use of it, but a design failure
I had watched Andy's video where he blew the mosfet prior to ordering my first JK. As far as I have heard, he is still using that unit. I also read all of the threads here on DIY that sprung from that video. I remember one comment from @upnorthandpersonal that the FET's in the 3s version had a lower power and voltage rating than the bigger models but that it was still a very robust design.

This appears to be a different problem. Is it safe to assume that the parts that they are sending you are different than the ones being replaced? Do you know if they have updated the components in current builds. To say it differently, should the unit I received yesterday have a new design that solves the problem we have experienced?

It would be interesting to dissect one. I don't have a 4s version or any of those later models here, so I can't have a look. If I find the time, I'll order one - but no promises. I do remember what @hwse was quoting me on. I remember doing the calculation and the fets themselves were fine, even if I personally would have liked to see a bit more leeway like they had on the 16s/24s versions (even the 100A ones).

Back