diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS owners, have you had this error yet? Heat pump electrical feedback???

I got told by the jk people it is a silly code and effects nothing but the readout. Read through the entire post.
Definitely does something. It throws off the soc readings. I constantly get this anomaly during high PV and high load. Which always throws the soc level way off.

I noticed this morning my JK BMS is throwing a "Protection current sensor anomaly". Unsure what this meant or how to remedy I contacted the seller on Aliexpress and I am being told this is a known issue and through some translation my understanding is that the BMS is picking up feedback from the inverter and it cannot be fixed. From what I can tell it is still charging and discharging fine but the internal shunt cant read how much current is coming in and out sporadically, throwing off the battery percent which isn't a huge issue for me as I use a shunt but to some users it may be. Just sorta a heads up for new and existing JK BMS owners since I cant find any info on this and its a "known issue".

Update- Appears to happen only at lower amperage charge and discharges 0-18A, after messing around some more with some of my circuits I'm thinking it may be a feedback from my heat pump. Has anyone experienced this?
I noticed this today myself when running the electric air dryer and three 18,000 BTU air conditioners on the highest setting. The inverter load was at 63% and I was seeing this anomaly popping up on two of my three JK bms's. When I shut the third air conditioner off the anomaly went away. The battery was showing 92% state of charge and the solar charge controllers were bringing in a total of about 14,000 Watts at the time.

Back