diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS Question

Dacflyer

few questions,
#1 , I have 3 of these units i'm setting up..
I can change all settings and PW, But I can't change the name of any of the BMS's
Is there anything special ? trying to set as BMS1, BMS2, BMS3 etc...

#2 is there a way to export the settings to another bms, since they will all be identically set.

#3 -Anyone else on here using JKBMS ?? Are there similar units using same software ??
I tried to contact JKBMS, but their system is not accepting any emails thru there Contact Us page.

#1 In Android, you can rename connected Bluetooth devices. Never tried with this BMS. I go to Connections -> Bluetooth ... then click the gear icon next to the one I want to rename .. then select Rename and enter a new name. Of course this new name only shows up on my Android phone. I would suggest prepending BMS1 to the existing name so you always have the original name.

#3 Did you buy via Aliexpress or Alibaba? If so, try contacting them through their storefront. The JKBMS website also has a support contact area. Not sure if you'll have the same problems.

My app won't scan when pressing scan button nothing.can see my bms on phone available devices
Cheers

My app does not scan cycle when I press button but I can see bms on my phone bluetooth

#1 In Android, you can rename connected Bluetooth devices. Never tried with this BMS. I go to Connections -> Bluetooth ... then click the gear icon next to the one I want to rename .. then select Rename and enter a new name. Of course this new name only shows up on my Android phone. I would suggest prepending BMS1 to the existing name so you always have the original name.

#3 Did you buy via Aliexpress or Alibaba? If so, try contacting them through their storefront. The JKBMS website also has a support contact area. Not sure if you'll have the same problems.
Was you asking me this ? I did get things figured out, so now all 6 units are BMS1 - BMS6
Still have strange issues with BMS4 - BMS6 as these were later units i bought, and apparently the software has changed.. the Amp reading bounce all over the place, the 1st 3 units read the current in a decent manner.
I have talked with the tech with JK Bms, and they aren't no help.. they just keep saying to send them a video of the issue, then give no helpful advice.
right now the batteries are staying charged and balanced. very little to no cycle times shown.. I guess the batteries aren't being drawn down enough to cause a cycle count.,

My app does not scan cycle when I press button but I can see bms on my phone bluetooth
I think I had to Allow Nearby Devices in the app permissions before the app would see the JK BMS. My phone could see it when scanning for bluetooth, but the app won't not find it.

Was you asking me this ? I did get things figured out, so now all 6 units are BMS1 - BMS6
Still have strange issues with BMS4 - BMS6 as these were later units i bought, and apparently the software has changed.. the Amp reading bounce all over the place, the 1st 3 units read the current in a decent manner.
I have talked with the tech with JK Bms, and they aren't no help.. they just keep saying to send them a video of the issue, then give no helpful advice.
right now the batteries are staying charged and balanced. very little to no cycle times shown.. I guess the batteries aren't being drawn down enough to cause a cycle count.,
I was trying to help, but it seems you got it figured out. I am using the JK BMS in a 24 volt system with 8 Eve cells of 230ah each. Like you, my cells stay balanced fairly well. I have one cell that seems to charge faster then the others, but they eventually balance. I need to check the connections. My cycle times are not incrementing either. I have not drawn down battery below 60-70% yet so maybe its not considered a full cycle.

I was trying to help, but it seems you got it figured out. I am using the JK BMS in a 24 volt system with 8 Eve cells of 230ah each. Like you, my cells stay balanced fairly well. I have one cell that seems to charge faster then the others, but they eventually balance. I need to check the connections. My cycle times are not incrementing either. I have not drawn down battery below 60-70% yet so maybe its not considered a full cycle.
My batteries don't discharge enough to trigger a cycle count, They are charged back up before noon most days.. I need to order me more batteries to ad to my system.. I hope that them not discharging enough won't cause any issues... Cycle count is low to nothing.. but always fully charged..

How did u solve it? I try changing the BMS name but it doesn't accept it.

Just like this guy

I am having the same problem as the guy in the video. The bms doesn't accept the name change. I thought u also had that problem from your description on your first post?
If so, how did you overcome it?
Thanks

had the same problem, in the modify name screen you see the original name between " " quotes. Which is common in programming to set a value. So typing the new name between quotes changed the name! Like saving "BMS1"
would change the name to ""BMS1""

I then tried without quotes, then with only one, "BMS1 which also saved, then tried again without quotes, it then saved as BMS1.

Seems like a bug in the input field which could cause an error.

Last edited:
Back