diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS question

MOCOMofo

Have a 48V 16S1P setup with a JK BMS and have a couple questions-

Everything is connected correctly and the BMS turns on and shows voltage. The voltages in the app are different than the voltages on my multimeter - will this improve with time (charge/discharge cycles) or is there some calibration I should do?

When the BMS is connected, should I be registering the same voltage at P- as I do at the negative terminal of the cell (52.8) when the BMS is on? Charge and Discharge are both in the "on" state

Verify all your connections, you could be reading through a resistor adding a voltage drop.

Thanks - everything is checking out....after I replaced batteries in the multimeter.

Ran the Golf cart for the first time today! What a rush after a year of planning, overthinking and fabricating!

I have one cell (11) that "appears" to drain faster than the others in the BMS. When I check voltage with the multimeter, it doesn't match what the BMS is showing - it's much closer to the other cell voltages. My theory is that I may need to re-crimp or replace the ring terminal at the end.

Thoughts?

Ran the Golf cart for the first time today! What a rush after a year of planning, overthinking and fabricating!

I have one cell (11) that "appears" to drain faster than the others in the BMS. When I check voltage with the multimeter, it doesn't match what the BMS is showing - it's much closer to the other cell voltages. My theory is that I may need to re-crimp or replace the ring terminal at the end.

Thoughts?
I agree, sounds like a connection issue.

Back