diy solar

diy solar

JK BMS received

Temperature sensors x2. The other black wire goes to main negative.
Ooh thanks for that clarification was quite confused about those hanging in the middle of the pack, do they actually come designed that way with the bms or you design them yourself ?

Ooh thanks for that clarification was quite confused about those hanging in the middle of the pack, do they actually come designed that way with the bms or you design them yourself ?
They are just leads that come from the BMS. You can put them wherever you want to take the temp from. I just stuck them in the middle of the pack free hanging. Others stick them to the pack with tape.

Received my JK BMS today. I ordered the 8S 2A 200A BT based on what I saw online. The Hankzor store showed the black case unit with 2 pair of cables off each side. What I received was a silver box and no cables JK-B2A8S20P. It is the correct unit and apparently I missed the pictures showing the unit. I had planned to join the twin cables in a single 2ga terminal, but now I need to rethink this and order more stuff apparently. Need to find some nice flexible cable and how to attach? I have a butane torch that I can use to solder. I wasn't really planning on soldering though.
Sorry for this, because I saw someone say there is no cable on the forum, so I added the cable in the package of BMS. I think your order should be in January or earlier. Please contact the store to reissue the cable and bolt for you. Thank you

They are just leads that come from the BMS. You can put them wherever you want to take the temp from. I just stuck them in the middle of the pack free hanging. Others stick them to the pack with tape.
Thanks for enlightening me , ??

Question for Hankzor purchasers. Do the deliveries come in about when the tracking indicates or are they typically later than shown?

I'd be careful routing those balance cables underneath the busbars like that. I always route mine so that they dont touch any of the busbars. Many situations such as movement, poor insulation thickness, busbar heat etc, can and will cause a short between a balance lead and that busbar. Then you've got at best a smoky mess. At worst a fire.
This is especially important for a mobile application where you expect some movement.

Also, test your busbars and terminals at your max expected amperage and see if any get hot. Then use one of the BMS temperature probes and put it on the hottest busbar, to give you a constant readout of how hot your busbars are.

Question for Hankzor purchasers. Do the deliveries come in about when the tracking indicates or are they typically later than shown?
Mine came in two days later than the tracking estimated but it was lost for three days in my local Post Office. If they had not lost it, I would have had it one day ahead of the estimated date.

I'd be careful routing those balance cables underneath the busbars like that. I always route mine so that they dont touch any of the busbars. Many situations such as movement, poor insulation thickness, busbar heat etc, can and will cause a short between a balance lead and that busbar. Then you've got at best a smoky mess. At worst a fire.
This is especially important for a mobile application where you expect some movement.

Also, test your busbars and terminals at your max expected amperage and see if any get hot. Then use one of the BMS temperature probes and put it on the hottest busbar, to give you a constant readout of how hot your busbars are.
I was careful and thought of those things before going ahead with it. It's a stationary install. Nothing is moving. And I have yet to feel any significant heat through daily use. Good advice... Just not a concern for my situation.

View attachment 78678

My battery. EVE 280LFK series.
-I am compressing with 2 plastic cutting boards and 6 rods. I have used some old wire sheath to insulate the rods from the cells.
-I just bought some copper bar and cut/drilled/bent as necessary. So it comes off the terminal at a 90 and bolts directly to the BMS. Then at the bottom of the BMS I used a small piece of bar to connect the shunt directly to it as well.

I use an AiLi/TR16 battery monitor. The JK has a Coulomb counter but I can't get it to match the BM. Ie. I have tried cycling the battery from full to empty and back to calibrate them and although they match at the bottom end, by the time they are full it's off (right now my batteries are at 95% according to the JK but only 83% according to the BM. (The SOC of 26.8v would imply somewhere in the middle)
Is there any downside when bridging the BMS terminals?
In my setup I plan to add a busbar (small copper strip 40x2mm²) just to connect the two terminals and hook it up to the battery with one common cable instead of two. E.g. one 35mm² (2AWG) instead of the 2x7AWG Y-configuration it ships with.
Will the load split evenly between the terminals?

Is there any downside when bridging the BMS terminals?
In my setup I plan to add a busbar (small copper strip 40x2mm²) just to connect the two terminals and hook it up to the battery with one common cable instead of two. E.g. one 35mm² (2AWG) instead of the 2x7AWG Y-configuration it ships with.
Will the load split evenly between the terminals?
I don't think so. The BMS terminals are soldered to the same strip on the PCB, so it's already bridged. I'm planning a very similar setup but I don't have a wide enough copper bar, so I'll probably do as OP. But to be honest I think using just one of the terminals is probably fine if the connection is solid and the cable/busbar is big enough for the current.
If you think about it, cells terminals have less contact area than that.

My jk bms shipped with the temperature leads unplugged.
I inadvertently forgot to plug them while building a pack, and just realized it after i have shipped the pack out .

My question is, would the bms work ok without the temperature leads?
I would be able to have access to the pack in a month or two.

I also noticed the bms wasnt displaying 100% soc value and 0% SoC value, and it was a head scratcher for me...as all my other jk BMS always showed that in the settings (same phone)....is that an issue of bms needing a firmware update or its related to the temp sensor, i forgot to attach?.

Lastly, could someone post hankzors Alibaba weblink or purchase website.

Back