diy solar

diy solar

JKBMS 2.3" active switch display

teckersley

I am using a JKBMS JK-B2A24S and trying to use their 2.3" power board active switch display below. Everything seems to work fine. It plugs in directly to the BMS and it turns the BMS off and on. The problem I am having is that the display screen turns off (not the BMS) after only a minute or so. I would like it to say on until I turn off the BMS.

1) does anyone know if there is a way to keep the display active?
2) if not, what other small screes can be used with this BMS? is there an alternative plug in display? Need a relatively small one

Thanks

1673620091161.png

Im having opposite issue whereas I have the larger 4" screen as mentioned above stays on and I want it to go into a sleep mode or turn off after some time. That or be on a switch. I'll have to see what color wires are the power for it and maybe add inline switch.

The way it works is that it goes off when the battery is charging, comes back on when it's discharging.
This is (according to the manual) to "save energy". This usually happens when you remove a programmer's head and screw it on backwards (which seems to be quite a common occurrence in China ;·)

Anyway, there is a modification which will allow it to stay on (I haven't tried it) but it involves opening the unit and soldering.
Or you can get the 4" display.
-

Back