diy solar

diy solar

Just bought 16 Eve LF280K A grade; update on degradation after 15 months

You could cut the crocodile clips off and crimp on some decent ring terminals/lugs.
Will do that; also, I think the cutoff charging current of 2A might be a bit too low for a 280Ah cell; the video from offgridgarage was using 2A for a 100Ah battery, so my cutoff current should have been 5.6A (it would have saved me half hour of CV charging). What do you think?

280.5 Ah; luckily I was watching the screen and managed to take a screenshot, because as soon as it starts charging again I lose the capacity information shown at the bottom
1671051734945.png

Thanks for the update. Ha, barely 280.5 but hey its 280.

What did your test report say? 290 ish?

Also note your WH is good 907 vs the 896WH on stock so above the WH capacity so 101.2% of rated capacity.

None of my grade A 280K hit 280, they were all 278 - 276, however all were 900WH.

Not laying on them no, so as not to damage the heating mat, see here:

View attachment 124604

View attachment 124605

Its a 20w heating mat, and its JUST managing to keep the temp at about 14 degrees. Now have it set to come on at 12 degrees and go off at 15. Its been 0 degrees here in the day now for a couple of weeks, and - 5 at night. In a metal shed outside that has no insulation, and is damn cold in there, but the mat is doing a good job so far. Gunna get another incase it stops working. ?

thanks, i am really limited on height in the location i want to site my cells, raising them by more than 20cm will conflict with storage cupboards above, so i think mine would need to fitted along the side of the cells, though with some insulation around the cells i reckon it will still achieve the same result, or i lay a thin layer of plastic over the top of the heating element to prevent any mechanical damage to the bottom of the cells due to heat expansion/contraction rubbing at the insulation....

unless anyone has any information/experience that suggests otherwise?

... i think mine would need to fitted along the side of the cells, though with some insulation around the cells i reckon it will still achieve the same result
(y) my 15W of heaters are either side of the cells in PIR insulated housing and is working well, keeping them a toasty 22 degrees (= 24 degrees above ambient of -2) ? ♨️

Yep... Yep... thats the 280K I know, struggling to hit 280, but hits 900WH.

So yeah at this point this is pretty much confirmed all 280K behave this way. ??

280.5 Ah; luckily I was watching the screen and managed to take a screenshot, because as soon as it starts charging again I lose the capacity information shown at the bottom

If you save data it keeps a copy of the measurements including Ah and Wh. Seems a pity to lose that data after spending nearly a day testing.

Is it expected from grade A cells?
Multiple factors come into play, including accuracy of measuring equipment and temperature. I believe the cells are rated for 25 degrees and have read elsewhere that can reduce by 20% closer to 0 degrees.

Is it expected from grade A cells?

? really it should not be but this is what we are getting form this brand of cell maker for this particular type of cell. They also make a 304 which tests much nicer and they also use to have a 280N which also easily did 290 on most tests.

The grade B version of this cell is much worse as low as 260 with 790 WH, so very poor quality.

Back