diy solar

diy solar

Just got the Delta Pro - House/Garage sub grid questions

heitjer

All,
I just received my Ecoflow Delta Pro - free ship and tax for $3289 after coupon and current reduced price. Fantastic!

Now it starts. My main goal is to have 3 Fridge and Freezer connected to a permanent power backup. Potentially expand later to other circuits. I have drawn my plan up in the attached picture.
1657740074251.png
I am in a rural area and have a power pole on the road, from there about 200 ft to the garage where Panel I is locate, from there the house is connected through Panel II. The garage has a workshop that is cooled/heated and a perfect place to store my new Ecoflow Delta Pro. I also have one fridge/freezer in the garage. The house is 30 ft away from the garage. The garage has a perfect south facing roof for my solar panels and therefore it makes the most sense to locate all my solar system here. Depending on how this works out in the long run I may want to connect later the entire house through Panel II when I install a full 15 to 20 kWh system. For now its the small Delta Pro.

My idea is as follows, please correct, comment or school me on my idea. Any comment welcome!
  1. I connect the Delta Pro in the garage to an outlet to allow charging when needed and/or the solar does not provide enough.
  2. I connect my solar to the Delta Pro through a disconnect.
  3. Connect the Delta Pro from its 30A outlet to a Sub Panel I with one 15A fuse and one 30A fuse.
  4. 15A fuse connects to fridge/freezer in Garage, 30A fuse connects through 8/2 Romex to house (in buried conduit)
  5. 8/2 Romex terminates in Sub Panel II in the house in which we have two 15A breaker
  6. the two 15A breaker go to the 2 fridges/freezer in the house.
All circuits extending down stream from the Delta Pro are separate and never connect to the house circuits.
All items on this 'off grid' circuit like outlets, panels and accessories are spray painted red and labeled!
I have a single story house and can easily drop 12/2 Romex from Sub Panel II to the fridge/freezers in the house.

My Questions:
  1. Does the Delta Pro allow for Priority Charging of Solar over shore power? If not I am thinking to place a timer in the shore power line that allows the Delta Pro to see shore power only at night for 'top-off'.
  2. Do you agree with the breaker choices? If it sees ever a combined higher load then 30A the breaker in the Delta Pro will trip.
  3. Any reason why I would not choose the (European) DIN Rail system for the Sub Panels and breakers?
  4. Do you see any issues with this? Its a separate system. It actually has a big wife-appreciation-factor as well as she would never have to flip switched or breakers. If the Delta Pro system ever fails one can use the 'old' wall plugs until fixed.

Last edited:
Back