diy solar

diy solar

Just make your own battery...

Getyourbone

Hard to offend but hard to bend...
For those that already follow this amazing guy, it’s old news but thought some might find it interesting...I sure would love to build my own batteries...not battery banks but actual battery cells. Looks like a lot of work though...

Yeh well thats what they do in china . print on alloy for one plate and copper on the other . They don't tell you what the separator is but its some sort of absorbent plastic.

Great video find though . Very entertaining.Thanks

I thought some more on this . Its one cell, by the looks of it ,that ends up the size of a ream of paper .
Well OK what voltage?
A bike like that is going to need 60 odd volts to run it like that.
One cell in that battery technology in Li Ion would at best be 4 Volts .
That's 15 individual cells in series.
Sure does not seem feasible if the pack is rated at 1000Ah...1 KAmphours.
Each cell has to be rated at 1000Ah and the size of the ream precludes that.
I think its a con.

I understand your thinking but you need to follow the guy for a while and one will realize he isn’t.
The first few times I watched his videos I thought basically the same thing...so many red flags went up that I ignored for him quite some time. Started following again about a year ago and realized that he is just that goofy...and honest. He doesn’t give a hoot what others think...he is simply trying to find the energy source for the common person...read the comments from his videos.
Easy Lithium is too rare and the rest is too expensive to get to, all the other metals are in the same arena. He is doing research on finding way to make things simple and dirt cheap hence the reason why most of his research centers around things that are about as common as dirt. He doesn’t get caught up in the details at the research level because anyone know that everything can be refined if and when it makes sense from a scaling standpoint.

Others may not agree but after watching a hundred videos, his approach and credibility ring true with me.

Basically all of his research is open source to the point that he documents it and puts it on YouTube to make sure it can’t really be patented.

He has nothing to gain from trying con anyone...he is teacher at heart.

Just one example...

A list to more of his approaches and philosophies

Mm Thanks . But how does he get a 1000Ah cell at say 48 to 60 Volts? Do you know what those scooters run on? I'll watch a few more videos and no doubt agree with you but it did not come together for me from that one. It was accelerating pretty darn quick.

Oh and you can buy bags of LiFePo4 powder on the net for about $80 a kilo and the other plate is carbon. Its a very thin layer on both plates.

Back