diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

So I purchased two of these solar trailers and would like to replace the forklift batteries with LifePo4 batteries. Can any of you experienced folks recommend what I should go with? The trailers have 2 - 48v 510ah FLA batteries now which equals 26,112ah after considering the 50% DoD, so if I got close to that with LifePo4, I should be golden. I suspect they will recharge faster and overall perform better than the FLA batteries, as well as being smaller and lighter. So I'm game to take the plunge...as soon as I can sell these damn 4000 pound forklift batteries. What were they thinking?

I've already did the math on using these 280ah cells to make 48v packs. Just one 48v pack gets me 14,336ah if my math is correct, and would cost me around $2000. I know that's not 26,112ah of the FLA pack, but with the quicker recharge rate, I'm guessing it will perform just as well if not better than the forklift batteries. Is my math right? Is this a good idea?

Thanks in advance.

All of our forklifts have LFP batteries on them and our shop guys can hit them with 1C and sometimes 2C to rapid charge them to full or top them off if they are going out on a job that's far out in the field .. with the FLA batteries they had to charge them overnight etc etc ... although we NEVER recommend that they charge the LFPs at 2C our manufacturer says that it won't hurt them ...

Yes they are grade A and they are sending me a video of the capacity test and cell resistance for the 8 cells before they ship. This seller is in a category with Alibaba called "Trade Assurance"where if the product is not as promised then a full refund is given. In our communication thread they have stated that they are grade A new cells and will perform to spec as far as being properly matched, the capacity, and the internal resistance. I have asked all the right questions so that I have prove of what they state the product is. Worth the risk and if it turns out true lots of members on here can benifit. I have dealt with Alibaba before with no issues. There is a lot of paranoia by members on this site.
Hi
Just a suggestion but do a video of the capacity testing and the internal resistance testing as AliBaba seem to place far more trust in a video than pictures. I just had a whole box %50 pieces) of LiFePO4 18650 replaced because they were under capacity. There was much baulking until I posted videos than all went smoothly after that.
Regards

Here is a link to these cells

Were the batteries shipped directly to your home. It's funny that i found this topic on lifepo4 batteries in this forum. Was just going to order battle born batteries today and came across this great info. I had thought about buying from Alibaba but was afraid the duty and taxes would put the price close to a Renogy or Battleborn battery. I also live in Coquitlam BC. Do you have to sign up to Alibaba to order these batteries from the vendor you used. Thank you for sharing your info

Were the batteries shipped directly to your home. It's funny that i found this topic on lifepo4 batteries in this forum. Was just going to order battle born batteries today and came across this great info. I had thought about buying from Alibaba but was afraid the duty and taxes would put the price close to a Renogy or Battleborn battery. I also live in Coquitlam BC. Do you have to sign up to Alibaba to order these batteries from the vendor you used. Thank you for sharing your info

Think of Alibaba as Chinese Ebay ... You only have to sign up with Alibaba if you are going to go thru Alibaba to get the batteries ... We normally find what we want on Alibaba and then contact the company directly .... I am not concerned about not having the Alibaba "guarantee" since we use Credit Card and they guarantee it 100% ... We actually had some 200aH CALB batteries about a year ago shipped and we only got 180aH out of them -- Mastercard refunded our money almost instantly ..

Think of Alibaba as Chinese Ebay ... You only have to sign up with Alibaba if you are going to go thru Alibaba to get the batteries ... We normally find what we want on Alibaba and then contact the company directly .... I am not concerned about not having the Alibaba "guarantee" since we use Credit Card and they guarantee it 100% ... We actually had some 200aH CALB batteries about a year ago shipped and we only got 180aH out of them -- Mastercard refunded our money almost instantly ..
What BMS is everyone using with these 12v 280ah batteries. I was hoping to find a BMS with low temp shutdown.
thanks

for what it's worth; I got 8 of the 280ah cells back in January. ($950 with shipping) and they are grade A as advertised. all of them measured out to be 3.28v right on the money. very happy with them. working on building a couple of 12v batteries now. Planning to measure their internal resistance at some point as a base line.

Hi
Have a look at the Chargery BMS. Seems very good. I have just ordered my first one. Advantage of it is it lets you select you own chemistry and configuration. Link here for AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32987465271.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.1fb73c00aLwXi1&mp=1

Regards
I went with the Chargery BMS8T-300, I'll have to get another relay for the charging but shouldnt be too hard to get it all setup. Think the main setup or settings would be to set the low temp cutoff and the shunt that comes with it should be calibrated.

They contacted me this morning with the photos of my batteries and video of each right at 3.29v. Confirming that the packaging will be better as well.

They contacted me this morning with the photos of my batteries and video of each right at 3.29v. Confirming that the packaging will be better as well.
Amy just sent me photo's & a video with my Name Card on the cells and doing the tests prior to packaging. She also told me, that based on my recommendation they are changing their packaging to further prevent possible cell damage in shipping, she said she'll send me photos of that as well when they are packaging everything up.

To be honest, I am impressed with Amy and her dedication to make things right & her listening to suggestions to improve things, like putting the buyers Name Card with the cells for the video & pic's... she's doing that because I mentioned how some folks think they are just using the same video & pics for everyone (she was actually upset at that thought, so they changed it).

@Doug whoever you are, she's getting the quote to you ASAP, thanks for mentioning me ! LOL.... There is no benefit to me, I have no association or anything with them other than buying their cells, which I am now very anxious to get.

TO EVERYONE:
I would suggest that when contacting XUBA for their 280AH cells, tell then you heard about them through DIYSolarForum. This helps them identify where their leads are coming from but also if enough of us buy from them, it will give them incentive to have a discount code or something for forum members... Even if they just toss in the BusBars as a perk, it all adds up. This is to help ALL OF US in the present & in the future.

EDIT: I posted photo's in my XUBA thread (link in signature)

Last edited:
Hey Steve,
I mentioned you and this thread as hopefully, as you point out it gives buying leverage, including to make sure they do right by us.
There is power in numbers!
If they screw one.. they screw us all :D (just teasing)
Amy is very responsive. And seems intent on delivering what they promise. That's the way to do business.
My buying decision is in part due to her.
She did drop my final price by about $20 (all I did is ask) and also threw in the busbars I need.
I need to finalize payment. Waiting for her to submit my final invoice.
cheers,
Doug

Hey Steve,
I mentioned you and this thread as hopefully, as you point out it gives buying leverage, including to make sure they do right by us.
There is power in numbers!
If they screw one.. they screw us all :D (just teasing)
Amy is very responsive. And seems intent on delivering what they promise. That's the way to do business.
My buying decision is in part due to her.
She did drop my final price by about $20 (all I did is ask) and also threw in the busbars I need.
I need to finalize payment. Waiting for her to submit my final invoice.
cheers,
Doug
Remember there is a 13 hour time difference (well for me I'm EST) so she'll get it out in the morning, I'm also waiting on a couple of other vendors responses in the morning. It's 04:52 there at this moment as I type, so another 4 hours or so.

One more tip... I initially had problems paying with my CC. I contacted Citibank. They said no transaction attempts took place after inputting my CC info and being unsuccessful.
Amy suggested I try an appeal. Through Alibaba, I was asked to submit a photo of my card and ID showing the shipping address. The appeal worked. I guess Alibaba was blocking and not citibank.

The CC transaction costs an extra 2.75%. The insurance is worth $20.

Doug

Hi - I had a chat with Amy and mentioned this forum and she immediately responded with an amazing price. So she must be getting a lot of leads from here. I was ready to place an order when she came back with shipping to Australia. Wow is an understatement. Cost of shipping was greater than the product costs so put a hold on that. Anyway she has promised to see if she can find a better shipping company.
Regards
PS for 4 prismatic cells of 150aH I pay Au$70 approx and she quoted Au$239...I know Australia is at the end of the world ...but jeez

Hi - I had a chat with Amy and mentioned this forum and she immediately responded with an amazing price. So she must be getting a lot of leads from here. I was ready to place an order when she came back with shipping to Australia. Wow is an understatement. Cost of shipping was greater than the product costs so put a hold on that. Anyway she has promised to see if she can find a better shipping company.
Regards
PS for 4 prismatic cells of 150aH I pay Au$70 approx and she quoted Au$239...I know Australia is at the end of the world ...but jeez

I had a very similar experience, as Xuba quoted me a shipping price that's double the price other sellers are quoting (~$600 vs. $1.100). It's unfortunate, because everyone here seems to be having a good experience with Xuba.

I had a very similar experience, as Xuba quoted me a shipping price that's double the price other sellers are quoting (~$600 vs. $1.100). It's unfortunate, because everyone here seems to be having a good experience with Xuba.

Try these people ..

https://shandian.en.alibaba.com/pro...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.28.5d80350fLRuiZX

Dongguan Lightning Energy Technology Co.,Ltd
Email: Nikkie@lightning-power.cn
Wechat: lightning-power
Web: https://shandian.en.alibaba.com

We got (4) 3.2V 200aH LFP batteries with Busbars and delivered for $426.29

Make sure you mention www.diysolarforum.com .... (I am in no way associated with this company or anything)

Again, guys, I really hope you don't start to rule out UNIS Techologies based on my information.
In fact, as far as I know, it can very well be that UNIS are the only ones being straightforward in regard to their cells.

UNIS: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-2v-280Ah-Prismatic-Lifepo4-Battery_62383387943.html

Dongguan Billion (who provided the same exact PDF file for the specs): https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/LF280-3-2V-Lifepo4-High-Capacity_62379079690.html
Xuba (I'm still waiting for Amy to give me a quote): https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-Rechargeable-3-2V-280Ah-LiFePO4_62401469185.html
XLD: https://xinlongding.en.alibaba.com/...V_lithium_ion_catl_battery_lifepo4_280ah.html

These 4 are all selling the same exact specification LFP 280Ah. The first 2 even have the same exact PDF file for the specifications.
The price is about the same for the 4.

@smoothJoey , at this stage I only have access to the online posted pictures and, there, all batteries look pristine. Curiosity: the cells from UNIS have the QR code, even though the seller marks them as grade B.

Just FYI I have bought sample cells from XLD before that were advertised (confirmed in chat) as new grade A cells.

What arrived was definately not new Grade A cells.

I would not trust that vendor to be honest and will not buy from them again.

Jimmy

Just FYI I have bought sample cells from XLD before that were advertised (confirmed in chat) as new grade A cells.

What arrived was definately not new Grade A cells.

I would not trust that vendor to be honest and will not buy from them again.

Jimmy
Hi, Jimmy,

How were they not Grade A? Did you check cell capacity? At this price, I presume they are not new. I am fairly cynical, and guess they clean up the cells, charge them to match, and then most people who purchase them don't have the knowledge or equipment to test them. I am just learning all this, myself.

Back