diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

Unless you are doing huge c rates not much of an issue at all, do you worry about keeping your lead acid batteries cool... most users have large banks with moderate amp draw/input so heat is not an issue at all
I do not plan to have huge C rates at all so this is what I was not considering. Yes and No about keeping past battery banks cool but that was in a whole different world of things. I did stereo competitions for 7 years and used lead acid to AGM batteries. I stopped competing around 2006 and if I had the batteries we have now then at these prices I would have been on cloud 9.

Does anyone have a direct email for Amy, or do we have to go thru Alibaba? Do we have an idea how long it takes to receive 4 cells to California SF Bay Area, after placing the order? Can I use PayPal to pay XUBA? What do I need to say in the email about Grade A matching cells? This is my 1st time ordering anything direct from China.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a direct email for Amy, or do we have to go thru Alibaba? Do we have an idea how long it takes to receive 4 cells to California SF Bay Area, after placing the order? Can I use PayPal to pay XUBA? What do I need to say in the email about Grade A matching cells? This is my 1st time ordering anything direct from China.
First off, they are Grade-A New cells BUT do get Amy to verify that in the chat, she will.
There is no Direct E-Mail as such, and you should communicate through the Alibaba chat, so "contact the Vendor" which opens a Chat system, you can post questions and get your answers through there, it is also the tracking of what you discuss (to cover your back side).

Alibaba & AliExpress do not accept PayPal unfortunately. They do accept Visa MC etc but some folks have had issues. I used TT Direct Transfer from my bank and it was instantly there... Xuba has accounts with North American Branches of HSBC ? I think it is, so it's fast.

S&H has been a bugger because of the Corona Virus but this seems to be getting sorted slowly, they are a bit backlogged in some cases... That being said, I have been getting product delivered (smaller stuff) since late last week, so goods are flowing out now. There is lead time where they test each cell once picked and then pack them up (taking photo's to show you along the way) as well, Amy posts those in the Chat which you can then download.

I asked Amy to include a spec sheet for the cells with every order as well (something most vendors do not do) and they are now tossing in the busbar & bolt kit as well.

Keep in mind when dealing with these vendors, keep your language "clean & simple" with no slang or abbreviations. Ask direct & simple questions, and most importantly, be patient, the translator softwares they use are not the greatest and there is a significant time difference. For me, in EST it's 13 Hours difference, PST 10 hours I guess. Amy works extra hours to be able to communicate with us in a reasonably quick time frame but for some that's not good enough... again patience is important.

Hope that helps.

First off, they are Grade-A New cells BUT do get Amy to verify that in the chat, she will.
There is no Direct E-Mail as such, and you should communicate through the Alibaba chat, so "contact the Vendor" which opens a Chat system, you can post questions and get your answers through there, it is also the tracking of what you discuss (to cover your back side).

Alibaba & AliExpress do not accept PayPal unfortunately. They do accept Visa MC etc but some folks have had issues. I used TT Direct Transfer from my bank and it was instantly there... Xuba has accounts with North American Branches of HSBC ? I think it is, so it's fast.

S&H has been a bugger because of the Corona Virus but this seems to be getting sorted slowly, they are a bit backlogged in some cases... That being said, I have been getting product delivered (smaller stuff) since late last week, so goods are flowing out now. There is lead time where they test each cell once picked and then pack them up (taking photo's to show you along the way) as well, Amy posts those in the Chat which you can then download.

I asked Amy to include a spec sheet for the cells with every order as well (something most vendors do not do) and they are now tossing in the busbar & bolt kit as well.

Keep in mind when dealing with these vendors, keep your language "clean & simple" with no slang or abbreviations. Ask direct & simple questions, and most importantly, be patient, the translator softwares they use are not the greatest and there is a significant time difference. For me, in EST it's 13 Hours difference, PST 10 hours I guess. Amy works extra hours to be able to communicate with us in a reasonably quick time frame but for some that's not good enough... again patience is important.

Hope that helps.
OK, I put in a request. Do you know what hours Amy works there? It's 3:55 am in California and 7:55 pm in Guangdong China time. They're 16 hours ahead of me.

OK, I put in a request. Do you know what hours Amy works there? It's 3:55 am in California and 7:55 pm in Guangdong China time. They're 16 hours ahead of me.
Surprisingly she has had chats with me up till 01:00 her time. Her husband & daughter appear to be quite forgiving but business is business.

I had to appeal use of my visa. Alibaba blocked it initially. The appeal required me to take photos of the card and an ID and submit. After the payment worked.

I had to appeal use of my visa. Alibaba blocked it initially. The appeal required me to take photos of the card and an ID and submit. After the payment worked.

I also had issues with my Visa on both Alibaba and AliExpress. I've submitted 3 appeals now, but hopefully this one goes well.

Hope that helps.
Good explanation Steve.

I put in the request last night and went to bed, not expecting an answer till today.
5 minutes later Amy posted a reply, but I didn't see it till this morning.

Amy says to thank all the friends from the forums and forum members get free bus bars that match the order.
She says there are 2 shipping options, 10 day or 30 days to USA.
I have to remember to include USA when talking to people outside the US, but I think she understood where San Jose, California is.
I have to remember the Alibaba chat function works like FaceBook postings, You have to use shift/enter to start a new line.

Hi
Very true - as in the case of a dispute - AliBaba will use the transcript to adjudicate the case.
Regards

I also just placed an order for 4 of there cells last night through Amy (from Xuba). She verified in correspondence that all cells are new, grade A, will be matched and balanced prior to shipping and will include bus bar and hardware FOC for "friends of the forum".
Want to give a shout to Amy for her for her excellent customer service and all the other members/contributors in this forum ie Steve_S, mndare e.t.c, but especially to Will P for all he does in sharing his time and wisdom on this subject without whom, none of us would be here.

Now cannot wait for the cells to arrive.

I also just placed an order for 4 of there cells last night through Amy (from Xuba). She verified in correspondence that all cells are new, grade A, will be matched and balanced prior to shipping and will include bus bar and hardware FOC for "friends of the forum".
Want to give a shout to Amy for her for her excellent customer service and all the other members/contributors in this forum ie Steve_S, mndare e.t.c, but especially to Will P for all he does in sharing his time and wisdom on this subject without whom, none of us would be here.

Now cannot wait for the cells to arrive.
It will be a lithium Christmas dude...I caressed my cells this morning with a cup of coffee in my hand

It will be a lithium Christmas dude...I caressed my cells this morning with a cup of coffee in my hand
And Missus MNDARE just glanced ta you patiently while sniggling & cuddling the cells EH ! You better take Missus out for some nice fresh Beaver Tails... maybe Cinnamon ones or better yes with Maple Syrup. Otherwise you may end up with other problems... ;)

BTW @AndreL mndare, myself and others did pay or those Bus Bars & Bolt kits... that free toss in bonus came about from conversations with Amy, I hope by next week they will post / have a listing Cases for the battery packs as well. I also suggested to her this morning in our daily chat that they make their presence known in the Corporate Corner section of this forum, which she has to discuss with management as that would also involve a certain amount of extra work which is not paid for as such... but does fall under promotion so she's working on it.

BTW - I'm planning to package my 12V 4 cell pack using threaded rod and some cutup cutting boards. Two 1/2" x 18 x 12" boards are $27 on amazon.
I'll use two pairs of M6 threaded rod to hold it together.
And then part of the cutting board as a cover over the terminals.
I haven't ordered the rod, but will from mcmaster.
I'll counter sink some carriage bolts (or buttoned) on the inside of the cutting board end caps and bolt on some aluminum angle as mounting brackets.

Doug

Interesting...
Is that the same company selling used batteries that don't come close to their stated capacity? Sort of the pot calling the kettle black if you ask me.
These "off brand" are mfg'd in a reputable factory from what I've read.

BTW - I'm not defensive. Just making a (barely) educated comment.
They do include a warranty. I guess we'll know from some of our year around users if a few hundred cycles diminishes capacity.

Doug

BTW - I'm planning to package my 12V 4 cell pack using threaded rod and some cutup cutting boards. Two 1/2" x 18 x 12" boards are $27 on amazon.
I'll counter sink some carriage bolts (or buttoned) on the inside of the cutting board end caps and bolt on some aluminum angle as mounting brackets.

Doug

Sounds like a great DIY solution. Please post pictures ?

Doug
You can just drop in to Home Depot or similar and get the threaded rod, nuts etc for cheap, if you check the lumber dept by the cutting saw, they usually have smaller pieces of plywood & other for not much. Just don;t use OSB or particle board, ply or real wood.

I've decided to make my battery boxes out of wood, polyurethane coating & clear polycarbonate for the top but then I'm equipped to do that sort of thing. I'll most like post pics into the Xuba thread when I get to doing them.

Back