diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

MDF should be fine as long as it doesn't get wet.
Won't have the shear force tolerance of plywood but how much is really needed.
Humidity and MDF, particle board and such over time takes it's toll. Ever see things warp after a year or two. No, you want something solid. Paint or urethane etc sill slow down the humidity effects.

Well I just received my 8 new 3.2 280 ah batteries from Amy. I have one cell that has the sides at the top slightly sucked inwards with a 3/4” round bubble just slightly sticking up. Then the screws they supplied are two long even with 2 bus bars attached. Waiting to see what Amy says. Other wise the batteries look great. All cells are 3.29 and 3.28 v.

Well I just received my 8 new 3.2 280 ah batteries from Amy. I have one cell that has the sides at the top slightly sucked inwards with a 3/4” round bubble just slightly sticking up. Then the screws they supplied are two long even with 2 bus bars attached. Waiting to see what Amy says. Other wise the batteries look great. All cells are 3.29 and 3.28 v.

Attachments

• 84486779-4C81-48BF-9166-66D5258BB054.jpeg
    84486779-4C81-48BF-9166-66D5258BB054.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 89
That round bubble, that is just the air under the black tape right? When you press on it, it should go down. I don't think it is aluminum body of cell. Unless I'm wrong.

The batteries look good. 3.28 -3.29 v
Tomorrow I will charge them up and do a capacity test to see how they do. I’m sure they will pass with no problems.

I'm not sure about this company, but I ordered from another company on Alibaba and they sent me a PayPal invoice when I requested it. I'm not sure if that bypasses Trade Assurance, but at the time I was more familiar with PayPal protections.
I don't need any more batteries right now or I would ask AMY if that is possible. It might be a solution to some of the CC issues.

The BMS's I have gotten are the following. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000425316662.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.15004c4d8Vun6O.

They are the same units as sold on Bigbattery.com that Will is raving about but better priced, 120 amp instead of 100 amp, in stock and directly from China. Have tested now for 3 days and they work perfectly including low temp cutoff. Bluetooth app on phone rocks also.

Awesome, you're the exact guy I need to ask a question to then please.. with this dykb bms (I'm assuming the 4s lifepo4 100 we need to order) what happens when you have these side by side on two seperate 4 packs of cells? How can I tell what bms I'm looking at? Are they identifiable?

Awesome, you're the exact guy I need to ask a question to then please.. with this dykb bms (I'm assuming the 4s lifepo4 100 we need to order) what happens when you have these side by side on two seperate 4 packs of cells? How can I tell what bms I'm looking at? Are they identifiable?
That is a really good question. Plus can your Bluetooth device connect to 2 different sources at once? I don't know if anyone has thought of that. Plus the app is suppose to auto-connect, when you open it, what does it do when it sees 2 or 3 of the same type of BMS?

If you open up your Bluetooth in connections on your phone, it should show all Bluetooth devices transmitting around you. At least those available. I wonder if these will show up separately?

I wonder where it gets it's power from, to power the BT parts. I have 3 BMS, but no batteries to hook them up to right now. If I knew where to hook my power supply up and power up the BT, I could look and see.

Last edited:
OK here are some of my pictures and videos. When I get my BMS I will finish this 560AH 4S2P pack build and see the balancing requirements and do a full pack capacity test.
Good morning
I received my cells last night. 5 cells are perfect condition. 3 cells have a 3/4 round hard bulge on the top. Contacted Amy she said shipping caused the problem. I look at her original pictures she sent and the bulges were there before shipping. Not sure what to do. Going to charge cell pack today and do a capacity test. Did any of your cells have any bulges on top of the cells.

Attachments

• 2F810343-A0D3-40E5-BAC9-4AD6C45A3540.jpeg
    2F810343-A0D3-40E5-BAC9-4AD6C45A3540.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 8116628B-9168-4CC1-A1E6-C8B66E4D837E.jpeg
    8116628B-9168-4CC1-A1E6-C8B66E4D837E.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2D569ADB-FE66-427E-9CDF-52F97EC5B22A.jpeg
    2D569ADB-FE66-427E-9CDF-52F97EC5B22A.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 27
Good morning
I received my cells last night. 5 cells are perfect condition. 3 cells have a 3/4 round hard bulge on the top. Contacted Amy she said shipping caused the problem. I look at her original pictures she sent and the bulges were there before shipping. Not sure what to do. Going to charge cell pack today and do a capacity test. Did any of your cells have any bulges on top of the cells.
Interesting, one thing that Amy mentioned it happened during shipping while you can see them on the pictures before shipping, the other that you have not questioned those bubbles seeing it on pictures before shipping. I think if you would have asked for replacement before they were shipped out, Amy would have swapped them with "better looking" ones. Anyway, I'm hoping this is cosmetic only and your capacity test will make you happy.

That is a really good question. Plus can your Bluetooth device connect to 2 different sources at once? I don't know if anyone has thought of that. Plus the app is suppose to auto-connect, when you open it, what does it do when it sees 2 or 3 of the same type of BMS?

Exactly. I just want to know what I'm getting into here. I almost pulled the pin on 8 150ah from aliexpress official BLS Store for $1035US (cause they charge for shipping to Canada) Glad I found this thread at 1 AM last night lol.

I also received 8 of these EVE 280ah cells today. (about 4 week delivery for me). they are also grade A. each cell measures 3.28 volts exactly. all the QR codes are intact. big monster cells let me tell you. but they will fit really well in to the group 31 battery case's I have for them. Dave...
here are a couple of quick photos after I unpacked them.

View attachment 6068

You say they fit well in a group 31 battery case? Do you have any pictures of this? If so, did you get a BMS in there too? How did you isolate it if you did? Thanks in advance.

Interesting, one thing that Amy mentioned it happened during shipping while you can see them on the pictures before shipping, the other that you have not questioned those bubbles seeing it on pictures before shipping. I think if you would have asked for replacement before they were shipped out, Amy would have swapped them with "better looking" ones. Anyway, I'm hoping this is cosmetic only and your capacity test will make you happy.
In the pictures Amy sent the cells look great but when you zoom in you can see the problem. I’m not worried I will test them and then have a conversation with Amy

So I deal with several Chinese companies when ordering things. For some bizarre reason my corporate guys thinks that I know Chinese (LOL). I was born and raised in LA – I can barely order from a Chinese menu in English but I digress.

SO with the limited Chinese I do speak (thanks Grandma) I hear allot of complaints from the Chinese vendors about ppl wanting quotes. So here is a couple of things to keep in mind.
  • NO NOT everyone speaks English. Many times if they do not understand what you are asking they run it through Google Translate and it goes downhill from there.
  • DO NOT use abbreviations.
  • DO NOT USE slang.
  • DO NOT USE long sentences. My boss says you have to talk to them like you were talking to a Marine. Not sure what that means but apparently all the oil-hands out here does.
  • Keep is SIMPLE
  • ASK direct questions one at a time and number them.
  • Your purchase is only protected really by two ways – PAYPAL and CREDIT card. Alibaba Assurance usually sides with the SELLER. PAYPAL and CREDIT CARD sides with you 100%.
  • Most of these guys do not know what their ads even say – not their fault – SOOOO be specific in asking. DO NOT assume what you see is what they are selling. Especially GRADE-A vs GRADE-B.
  • DO NOT ask for multiple quotes on the same page. If you want to know the difference in cost between 16 200aH and 16 280aH then send them two separate requests UNTIL YOU establish that they speak good English.
  • Some of the folks I deal with asks me to PLEASE stop butchering their language and they speak better English then I do. Many of the folks have actually studied in the states. BUT NEVER assume that until you are sure.
  • Tell them that they need to wrap the batteries especially well for shipping.
  • YOU need to ask them HOW LONG shipping is – some ship by air (8 days) some by boat (3 weeks)
  • With either Paypal or CC you will pay about a 4% fee – but well worth it.
  • Do NOT give them your full address UNTIL you order. Just City, State, USA, zip. Apparently It cuts down on confusion getting a quote (don’t ask me why)
  • If you have a technical question then often this will slow down your quote. IE “What is the resistance of the busbars that come with the batteries? ” Because they will then send the question to the technical guys and the wait begins sometimes.
  • Referring to #13 – ONLY ask questions that you really need to know.
  • Ask for pictures of the batteries. The reason is – some of them do NOT have terminal screws on top or even holes drilled for them.
  • Make sure when you do order that they have your FULL ADDRESS - SPELL OUT STATE and PUT USA on it .. AND AND AND make sure they have your phone number in case customs or DHL or USPS has to call you ... otherwise - the box sits there forever.

Below is sort of how I do it.

HI (Amy or Judy or Steve, etc)

Can I get a quote for (16) 3.2V 280aH GRADE-A aluminum blue batteries, and busbars to be delivered to Sanderson, TEXAS, USA, 79848.

(1) Are the batteries GRADE-A?
(2) How long will it take to arrive once I pay?
(3) Can you test each battery PRIOR to shipping please.
(4) HOW do I pay. I prefer PAYPAL or CC
(5) Please send me pictures of what the batteries look like.

Thank You
Ghostwriter66@xxxx.com

THAT’S ALL YOU NEED TO DO … Both Amy and Nikkie has sent me some of the request they get to me to see if I can help figure out what people are asking for and even I can’t figure out what they are asking – tooo many people are rambling on and on about life and mom and the weather and it gets confusing what you are asking for …

Bang ON GhostWriter ! I've said similar to people about ordering, excellent bullet points, hell THAT needs to be a STICKY all on it's own "How to order from Vendors on China" @Will Prowse @Supervstech could that be arranged, I believe the above post should certainly be a Sticky Post all on it's own !

NOTE regarding Amy @ Xuba. I sent her a note on the BUMP issue as I rechecked the photo's with heavy zoom of the cells they are sending me, it appears that possibly 4 have that similar bump. Now it's 01:00 or so there now, so I do not expect an answer back for a bit.

Back