diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

I thought someone else reported they are 175 amps each for a total of 350 amps? Regardless I would prefer terminals.

I believe the Anderson cables and lugs are provided by Xuba according the the user's requirements. In my case I am building a 24V pack, hence 175A Anderson connectors and 200A lugs.

Do you need anderson connectors? They are designed for frequent disconnect, and can gradually build up resistance if not unplugged occasionally to wipe/clean the contact face.

No I don't really need them. I thought it may be convenient for quick disconnect of the battery for storage outside the van when not in use for long periods/winter, but I suppose I could just run my own battery cables inside the box to terminals.

Quick question:
I'm about to order some cells from Amy, but it keeps telling me
"502 (Member disabled or not exists.) "
That's from trying the chat. If I try the contact supplier, I get
"
The account you're trying to reach has been temporarily disabled for security reasons and cannot send or receive messages until it is reactivated.
"

Is this just a problem with me? Anyone else having problems? How does one actually place an order? I've tried both Chrome and Microsoft Edge thinking maybe it was some of my security settings.

Quick question:
I'm about to order some cells from Amy, but it keeps telling me
"502 (Member disabled or not exists.) "
That's from trying the chat. If I try the contact supplier, I get
"
The account you're trying to reach has been temporarily disabled for security reasons and cannot send or receive messages until it is reactivated.
"

Is this just a problem with me? Anyone else having problems? How does one actually place an order? I've tried both Chrome and Microsoft Edge thinking maybe it was some of my security settings.

I've just replied to Amy Wan's Shenzhen Xuba account, and it shows a blue tick (no error message)

This is on Xuba's Alibaba page?

I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

I've just replied to Amy Wan's Shenzhen Xuba account, and it shows a blue tick (no error message)
OK, thanks, for letting me know. I investigated further, and apparently it is MY account that was disabled "for random security check". Sorry to hijack this thread.

I've just completed reading through this thread throughout the whole day today, it's been a marathon and my brain is overloaded with info to digest. But it's all good, I've learned so much today about LiFePo4 and realize there's so much more to learn, thanks to all the posters here, especially mndane who began the thread, Steve-S and ghostwriter66 to name a few. I currently have a lead acid setup on my sailboat with 4 - 6V Trojan T-105's connected to 700W of solar, the solar seems adeqaute but not the Ah storage of my LA batteries so I'm seriously considering switching over to a 12V - 560Ah of LiFePo4 setup. I've had lots of questions while reading through the thread, many have been answered, some I'm still following other links/threads. One of my primary questions was about the recommended setup - i.e. 2P4S vs. 4S2P and I've read at least one comment in this thread which suggests for my application 2P4S is the best, and it only requires 1 BMS for the pack. I don't wish to hijack the original post in any way so please advise if inappropriate to ask, but just was looking for any other comments, pro or con on this particular suggestion.

I've just completed reading through this thread throughout the whole day today, it's been a marathon and my brain is overloaded with info to digest. But it's all good, I've learned so much today about LiFePo4 and realize there's so much more to learn, thanks to all the posters here, especially mndane who began the thread, Steve-S and ghostwriter66 to name a few. I currently have a lead acid setup on my sailboat with 4 - 6V Trojan T-105's connected to 700W of solar, the solar seems adeqaute but not the Ah storage of my LA batteries so I'm seriously considering switching over to a 12V - 560Ah of LiFePo4 setup. I've had lots of questions while reading through the thread, many have been answered, some I'm still following other links/threads. One of my primary questions was about the recommended setup - i.e. 2P4S vs. 4S2P and I've read at least one comment in this thread which suggests for my application 2P4S is the best, and it only requires 1 BMS for the pack. I don't wish to hijack the original post in any way so please advise if inappropriate to ask, but just was looking for any other comments, pro or con on this particular suggestion.
The question I see is do you want redundancy? Two 4S packs connected in parallel, each able to operate on their own. Gives you the ability to run solely on one or the other. Even if you lost a cell in each pack, you could combine the others into a working battery.

The question I see is do you want redundancy? Two 4S packs connected in parallel, each able to operate on their own. Gives you the ability to run solely on one or the other. Even if you lost a cell in each pack, you could combine the others into a working battery.
If I were to lose a cell in each pack, could I not just put 4 good cells together into 1 pack?

If I were to lose a cell in each pack, could I not just put 4 good cells together into 1 pack?
Yes, exactly. If you have two separate complete 4s batteries and lose one pack. You're still running on one battery. The third situation, where you lose part of each pack, is where you still have another option. Now if you doubled the whole set 16 cells, then I could see going two 2P4S. Or even 12 cells with one 2P4S and the third a straight 4S battery.

I'm just thinking if you're under way at night, and you need your electronics and lights. a 2P4S and one cell goes down. Does that take down the whole system? I know on bigger ships, even with all the electronic navigation aids they have. You still have someone plotting your course on old fashion paper maps.

My order of 8 * 280Ah is shipping out today.

Amy (Shenzhen Xuba) was absolutely a pleasure to deal with, I recieved the same DIY solar discount as others $82.67/each with double bus bars, and Amy was able to offer delivery to the door by sea, which was $215 to Australia.

Amy sent me 5 photos of the cells and a video of each cell's voltage.

I've also ordered this 200A BMS for the build.

My first batch have now arrived, door to door down under in 1 month and 11 days. No additional fees or duties on arrival.

The boxes all arrives in good condition, no sign of external damage or abuse. 2 cells per box with lots of foam padding.

I have seen various pictures of cells lined upright side-by-side where the base is separated from the top. On the otherhand some have posted their cells stacked in a tower where they're pretty flat.

None of my cells are flat on the short or long side. All of the cells are gently concave on the short sides. All of the cells undulate slightly on the long sides.

On the long sides they all concave in slightly down from the top edge. They all convex out slightly as a vertical line on the positive (less so on the negative) terminal side, and concave in slightly in between terminals.

It is subtle to the eye and touch, but more obvious in light reflection or with a steel ruler

20200924_184523.jpg20200924_185400.jpg20200924_185219.jpg

The cells, external wrap, valves and QR codes all look brand new. The terminals all show scratches presumably from allligator clips.

I've assembled in 2 parallel packs of 4p and started a top balance. All cells came at between 3.3V and 3.27V. Not so impressed with my 2m hoseclamps, I haven't snugged them tight for the top balance, and will use MDF boards on the long sides and tape in the final assembly.

20200924_200828.jpg

Reactions: Dzl
Mine are exactly the same. Enough that with some of them, it is nearly impossible to get them perfectly aligned in groups of three or four. I have resorted to swapping them around until their various undulations "cancel out" better for squaring up the terminals.

There are many other alu cells that don't exhibit this variation cell to cell, so if it's important to you, perhaps select a different model. I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff, but there is a cost, especially for large assemblages where repeatability pays time dividends.

Hi All,
New to site, I would like to get some guidance on what to change out too, I have the following in a motorhome;

1.120 KW Canadian solar panels
Midnite Classic 150 MPPT
6 T105 GC Batts S/P. 3 12vs 660ah
2000 kw Heart inv/chgr

What would be best to do in LiFePO4, I boondock more than campgrounds, and I have been at 12v in the morning, not good!!!
I was thinking of getting the 4 cell x 3, if you think this is a good solution, if not what should I do???
Thanks all ideas would be appreciated...
Took me two days to read all the posts, really interested in going this route...
Busbum Larry

Hi All,
New to site, I would like to get some guidance on what to change out too, I have the following in a motorhome;

Midnite Classic 150 MPPT
2000 kw Heart inv/chgr

What would be best to do in LiFePO4, I boondock more than campgrounds, and I have been at 12v in the morning, not good!!!
I was thinking of getting the 4 cell x 3, if you think this is a good solution, if not what should I do???
Took me two days to read all the posts, really interested in going this route...
Busbum Larry
If you are looking for LifePo4 batteries check out the forum "Group Buy Club" under Forums in the upper left of the screen, check out this thread it might be of interest .

Hi All,

Midnite Classic 150 MPPT
2000 kw Heart inv/chgr

Busbum Larry
There are much better places to ask these kinds of questions.

There are a lot of conversations about how to find your answers and size your system to meet your needs on this forum, but this one is for discussing these cells and the trials of buying them from China.

Please go back to the main forum page and follow links to a thread discussing how to properly size a system for your needs.

Sorry, thanks for the heads up, but I'm planning to buy these cells...
Not a cardinal sin.
I would like you to get the answers you need, and your chances of success are better when questions are in the right place.
You may even be able to find someone who has already provided the information you are seeking. I frequently find that is the case.

Back