diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

Hi, Jimmy,

How were they not Grade A? Did you check cell capacity? At this price, I presume they are not new. I am fairly cynical, and guess they clean up the cells, charge them to match, and then most people who purchase them don't have the knowledge or equipment to test them. I am just learning all this, myself.

They had:

Marked terminals
Barcode/Serial # scratched off
1 cell was mismatched ~10%
Otherwise good cells and great value.
They were easy to deal with and sent them superfast in good packaging.

But misrepresenting a product like that is a showstopper for me.

Jimmy

I had a very similar experience, as Xuba quoted me a shipping price that's double the price other sellers are quoting (~$600 vs. $1.100). It's unfortunate, because everyone here seems to be having a good experience with Xuba.
Hi
Even with the shipping the cost of the cells are amazingly cheap. 8 by 150aH shipped would be the same as 4 by 150aH from BLS. The freight that Xuba quoted is from an external company and Amy has promised to get more quotes next week when the rest of the freight companies open. They are all expecting the lockdowns to be lifted next week so I am waiting until then.
Regards

Try these people ..

https://shandian.en.alibaba.com/pro...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.28.5d80350fLRuiZX

Dongguan Lightning Energy Technology Co.,Ltd
Email: Nikkie@lightning-power.cn
Wechat: lightning-power
Web: https://shandian.en.alibaba.com

We got (4) 3.2V 200aH LFP batteries with Busbars and delivered for $426.29

Make sure you mention www.diysolarforum.com .... (I am in no way associated with this company or anything)

Many thanks
They were one of the suppliers I had contacted (after seeing that you made business with them!).
In the last hours they gave me the final answers/prices, everything looks good, the price is right, so I've just placed the order to build my 16S2P battery out of LFP 280Ah cells :)

They had:

Marked terminals
Barcode/Serial # scratched off
1 cell was mismatched ~10%
Otherwise good cells and great value.
They were easy to deal with and sent them superfast in good packaging.

But misrepresenting a product like that is a showstopper for me.

Jimmy

So Xuba good XLD bad, confirm?

Can't forget brother Steve up there in the CA.
I'm a buyer of the 280, but watching the international commerce is way cool too.
STEVE needs another syllable to create the group chant!
STEVIE!! STEVIE!! STEVIE!!
kidding aside...
I do think we need to create a unique Vendors' feedback thread. Sharing pricing, delivery times, capacities, responsiveness, etc.
Amy did share videos of my cells and their packing. It looks well packed. Each cell is double wrapped in foam and then double boxed with a heavy inner cardboard box. I feel good about the method.

Doug

Were the batteries shipped directly to your home. It's funny that i found this topic on lifepo4 batteries in this forum. Was just going to order battle born batteries today and came across this great info. I had thought about buying from Alibaba but was afraid the duty and taxes would put the price close to a Renogy or Battleborn battery. I also live in Coquitlam BC. Do you have to sign up to Alibaba to order these batteries from the vendor you used. Thank you for sharing your info
Yes to my front door by UPS. Never would buy a Battleborn or any other packaged battery as they are so easy to build at a fraction of the price...

I had a very similar experience, as Xuba quoted me a shipping price that's double the price other sellers are quoting (~$600 vs. $1.100). It's unfortunate, because everyone here seems to be having a good experience with Xuba.
That was my experience as well. Shipping (to Canada) is as expensive as the cells. Ordering 8 vs 4 cells didn't really help lower your per cell cost. I factored that into my decision. If these work out, I will order more but at this point I'm not prepared to build a 2p4s pack with these cells... yet.

Yes to my front door by UPS. Never would buy a Battleborn or any other packaged battery as they are so easy to build at a fraction of the price...
iI have ordered 8 of the batteries from Amy. They are waiting for the shipping company to go back to work. Thanks for posting

STEVE needs another syllable to create the group chant!
STEVIE!! STEVIE!! STEVIE!!
kidding aside...
I do think we need to create a unique Vendors' feedback thread. Sharing pricing, delivery times, capacities, responsiveness, etc.
Amy did share videos of my cells and their packing. It looks well packed. Each cell is double wrapped in foam and then double boxed with a heavy inner cardboard box. I feel good about the method.

Doug
Well here is my thread on XUBA ;-) but more people gravitate to this one, because it started the ball rolling. Often people don't connect the vendor name to a product, they only see "280AH" so...

How does this one compare with the one from Will's page? (that's the one I ordered)
I like the Chargery bms8t 300 amp bms with the 2 relays. I like this BMS because all the loads go through the relays not threw the BMS. The BMS senses the load but controls them through the relays which means no large current going through the BMS which in turns means no heat or less heat in the BMS. I like to control all my loads with relays on my motorhome. The only thing that i would change on this BMS is have the relays as normally closed so you don't use any power while BMS is working and the BMS sends power to open the relay to disconnect the loads.
That's my thoughts

Any concerns with building RV battery bank with these cells? I've read some posts feeling smaller cells are less prone to damage in RVs and boats. Is that legit or old wives tales??

Any concerns with building RV battery bank with these cells? I've read some posts feeling smaller cells are less prone to damage in RVs and boats. Is that legit or old wives tales??
I don't know about that. I'm going to use the same batteries in my motorhome. Just make sure they are fastened down. I'm waiting for the batteries to ship from Xuba. good luck

I think it depends whether you are talking about an RV, where no serious off road driving involved or a proper offroader. Ghostwriter has posted a few times that she has day to day experience in the field, with trailers and 5th wheelers, which have been supplied by 'up to' 400AH cells, with no troubles, providing they are supported sufficient to make them all 'one unit'.
I prefer practical experience over pure theory supposition.

Most of what I read was related to boating but I wondered about our RV world. 8 of these would make one heck of a house battery.

Back