diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

Awesome, you're the exact guy I need to ask a question to then please.. with this dykb bms (I'm assuming the 4s lifepo4 100 we need to order) what happens when you have these side by side on two seperate 4 packs of cells? How can I tell what bms I'm looking at? Are they identifiable?
You can name the blue tooth connection in the app to identify which BMS you are connected to. I am mounting 3 cheap used cell phones in my Nav station area of the boat each permanently blue tooth to their BMS.

If you open up your Bluetooth in connections on your phone, it should show all Bluetooth devices transmitting around you. At least those available. I wonder if these will show up separately?

I wonder where it gets it's power from, to power the BT parts. I have 3 BMS, but no batteries to hook them up to right now. If I knew where to hook my power supply up and power up the BT, I could look and see.
Blue tooth from BMS does not show at all. It shows only on their app, not on the regular blue tooth location on your phone. Then each one shows with its name in the app, you choose which one you want to link to and communicate with

If you open up your Bluetooth in connections on your phone, it should show all Bluetooth devices transmitting around you. At least those available. I wonder if these will show up separately?

I wonder where it gets it's power from, to power the BT parts. I have 3 BMS, but no batteries to hook them up to right now. If I knew where to hook my power supply up and power up the BT, I could look and see.
It gets the power from the battery bank it is monitoring

Blue tooth from BMS does not show at all. It shows only on their app, not on the regular blue tooth location on your phone. Then each one shows with its name in the app, you choose which one you want to link to and communicate with
Ok thanks for that. I'll order 2 4S lifepo4 100. Are those the right ones? I assume I'd need to order the blu modules too?

Edit: wait, what?? What's this gprs module? Is this bms capable of both or is it bluetooth OR gprs or both?

Last edited:
Ok thanks for that. I'll order 2 4S lifepo4 100. Are those the right ones? I assume I'd need to order the blu modules too?

Edit: wait, what?? What's this gprs module? Is this bms capable of both or is it bluetooth OR gprs or both?
Mine are the 120 amp versions and you order the separate b tooth modules at the same time

No, not an interest of mine. I wanted wireless bluetooth communication. It is a modem communication protocol chip to allow you to connect your laptop through say a USB cable.

If I remember correctly, they use them for tracking purposes, so you can do geofencing etc. using gprs cell tower triangulation methods and some remote control and monitoring.
I think the other thing they list, UART box, connects to a computer via a USB cable..... They show a little black rectangle box connected at the same port with a USB socket on it. I'm not sure where to find a English version of the software. It would be nice if I could connect a computer via Bluetooth. I bet it would be possible.

I've read where a Mac running the latest MacOS, Catalina, can run some iOS apps on your computer. My 2012 Mac Mini is running it now. I may download the free version of the iOS app and see if it will work on my computer with one of these.

A UART is a basic peripheral that is essentially classical serial communication (think RS-232). A UART to USB converter allows this protocol over a virtual COM port (or tty on Unix). This same port can be used to talk to a lot of GPRS/Cellular modules, and indeed, Bluetooth modules since RFCOMM is one of the Bluetooth protocols that emulates RS-232 (and thus gives you a wireless serial link).

A UART is a basic peripheral that is essentially classical serial communication (think RS-232). A UART to USB converter allows this protocol over a virtual COM port (or tty on Unix). This same port can be used to talk to a lot of GPRS/Cellular modules, and indeed, Bluetooth modules since RFCOMM is one of the Bluetooth protocols that emulates RS-232 (and thus gives you a wireless serial link).
I've seen pics posted of a computer linked to these boards and in part of it, it shows data from the BMS in something that looks like a Excel spreadsheet, in the way it is displayed. It looks like it displays the cell voltages over a period of time.

And thanks, I've Googled UART Box and didn't get a return that explained it that clearly. Them more I think about it, I think the UART and GPRS can connect to a computer. The GPRS can show location, too. That explains the descriptions in some of the listings for these on Alibaba/AliExpress.

Talk about turning a CELL Topic off side and veering deeply into other territories. This was not a BMS Topic was it.
Please people, let's keep on topic or start a new topic on a specific issue / question.
Big Wanderings negate the usefulness of a long thread with extra info that isn't directly related.

Talk about turning a CELL Topic off side and veering deeply into other territories. This was not a BMS Topic was it.
Please people, let's keep on topic or start a new topic on a specific issue / question.
Big Wanderings negate the usefulness of a long thread with extra info that isn't directly related.
Easy Steve...you are starting to sound like the police office of the thread....joking

Another thing I just thought of, the free bus bars included with these cells, how many bus bars will they send?
If they only send 3, what size wire would work to top balance the cells in parallel?
I would think that 10 awg is good enough. I have a dual channel power supply. So I can make it 2 separate packs.
With my PS, it's 5A to each group of 2 or 10A to a group of 4, if I switch the PS to series mode....

You say they fit well in a group 31 battery case? Do you have any pictures of this? If so, did you get a BMS in there too? How did you isolate it if you did? Thanks in advance.
Luke; here is a quick image. there's a daly 200a BMS on the left. I used some pieces of styrofoam for heat isolation. you can't see them but there is also a heating pad on each side of the battery. the BMS is upright in side the case mounted to some wood. since the cells were so thick I had to solder a little extension wire to the very last BMS wire. The wire harness for the BMS and the ISDT cell monitor are soldered together. Overall I would say the group31 case works great.

IMG_0212.jpgIMG_0225.jpg

If I remember correctly, they use them for tracking purposes, so you can do geofencing etc. using gprs cell tower triangulation methods and some remote control and monitoring.
That would be pretty cool if you had built in theft protection. :)

Another quick question I thought of about these things....

I'm still learning about the whole .5C 1C charge discharge levels relating to lifepo4 so I'm wondering what would happen if this happened..... my diesel pusher motorhome has a dash switch you can press that temporarily connects your starter to the house batteries and to the chassis battery for starting if your chassis batteries can't start the engine alone. Would using these batteries to start a DP damage them? What kind of C discharge rate would that be considered? Thanks

Luke; here is a quick image. there's a daly 200a BMS on the left. I used some pieces of styrofoam for heat isolation. you can't see them but there is also a heating pad on each side of the battery. the BMS is upright in side the case mounted to some wood. since the cells were so thick I had to solder a little extension wire to the very last BMS wire. The wire harness for the BMS and the ISDT cell monitor are soldered together. Overall I would say the group31 case works great.

I love it!! Thanks. On my motorhome the battery compartment has an access door that locks but it's still just batteries on a tray that's open to the road debris. I have to protect them from moisture still.

That would be pretty cool if you had built in theft protection. :)

Another quick question I thought of about these things....

I'm still learning about the whole .5C 1C charge discharge levels relating to lifepo4 so I'm wondering what would happen if this happened..... my diesel pusher motorhome has a dash switch you can press that temporarily connects your starter to the house batteries and to the chassis battery for starting if your chassis batteries can't start the engine alone. Would using these batteries to start a DP damage them? What kind of C discharge rate would that be considered? Thanks
1C is 280 amps for these batteries and IIRC you can go much higher for a short period of time. Not sure where the spec sheet was posted, or I would look it up. The "boost" feature on your average big shop LA battery charger, normally is 200-250 amps.

Bang ON GhostWriter ! I've said similar to people about ordering, excellent bullet points, hell THAT needs to be a STICKY all on it's own "How to order from Vendors on China" @Will Prowse @Supervstech could that be arranged, I believe the above post should certainly be a Sticky Post all on it's own !

NOTE regarding Amy @ Xuba. I sent her a note on the BUMP issue as I rechecked the photo's with heavy zoom of the cells they are sending me, it appears that possibly 4 have that similar bump. Now it's 01:00 or so there now, so I do not expect an answer back for a bit.
Done

Back