diy solar

diy solar

Just purchased 8 280Ah

Is the charging profile suitable for lfp or programmable on the mppsolar?
For the units I have the manuals for, yes. You can program almost everything. HVD LVD charging amps, float voltages and so on.

24 volt 2000 watts? Do you have a retailers link where I can look at it? Thanks.

What is the difference between one of these and a standard MPPT charge controller such as those fold by Epever?
I can't do solar because I live in an apartment. So I don't know. Sorry but I haven't studied up much on that end of things.

24 volt 2000 watts? Do you have a retailers link where I can look at it? Thanks.

$350...

I can't do solar because I live in an apartment. So I don't know. Sorry but I haven't studied up much on that end of things.

I must be missing something because these seem pricey for what they do - what is the attraction? (unless you have an alternator; I get that part of the equation).

I think it was me who mentioned the kisae charger. If it’s a vehicle based system your building then there great. If it’s apartment based then not worth the money I would guess

$350...

I must be missing something because these seem pricey for what they do - what is the attraction? (unless you have an alternator; I get that part of the equation).
Isn't that a DC to DC battery charger with solar input? I was asking about the Kisae 24 volt inverter charger.....lol.

Isn't that a DC to DC battery charger with solar input? I was asking about the Kisae 24 volt inverter charger.....lol.
Look at post #74 (which you responded to).
Pyke13 has the DC2DC charger (so that’s what I thought we were discussing...).

I’ve had a look at the mppsolar system and like a of the features, especially the dual 40a mppt version. It’s $40 more to buy the uk 220v version than it is the USA 110v version.
can the inverter be turned off when not in use but leaving the solar mppt still working? Or does the inverter sit in stand by mode when not in use?
I don’t really want to ask a sales rep as I won’t be buying for at least a few months, we just went into another national lockdown and I haven’t worked since March. don’t have money to be throwing around upgrading things I already have that work fine.

This one looks promising , I just need a shipping quote.

PRICE(EXW)Sample
$324.03 3500w
$398.91 5500w

WIFIMonitoringModulePRICE(EXW)
MQO>10
$35.66
Something is really weird with that ad....the title says 12v-24v-48vdc to AC, however, the description is altogether different. In two places it shows the same 230VAC input. The picture shows the input is from a bank of solar panels. I was expecting it to show 24VDC battery bank as input, 120V output.

INPUT
Voltage230 VAC

Something is really weird with that ad....the title says 12v-24v-48vdc to AC, however, the description is altogether different. In two places it shows the same 230VAC input. The picture shows the input is from a bank of solar panels. I was expecting it to show 24VDC battery bank as input, 120V output.

INPUT
Voltage230 VAC
Yes there adds and sales info is not totally up to date, I got this on the first contact.
"SCI02-PLUS Product features as below:
* 3500W model PV Max Power has been upgraded to 5000W, 5500W model PV Max Power has been upgraded to 6000W. Max charge current
has been upgraded to 100A. MPPT range operating voltage has been upgraded to 120-500V.
* It can be running without batteries at daytime, energy shared from utility and solar to loads at the same time or alternatively.
* It combines a wide PV input range MPPT controller, can convert solar energy from PV to loads directly and the remainingsolar energy will be
converted to batteries at the same time.
* When PV output is reduced by clouds or at night, resulting in no surplus PV power avaiable, loads powered by utility, batteries are charged,
when utility outage, batteries are discharged.
* Has GPRS or Wifi monitoring System remote control.
* Can charge LiFePO4 battery.
* We have 500pcs in stock, 1-2 days fast lead time after payment received."

As for the shipping it is some of the lowest I have seen so far.
"
If you buy 1unit 3500W or 1unit 5500W, shipping cost to USA is USD160 by DHL.
If you buy 2units, shipping cost to USA is USD237"

Yes there adds and sales info is not totally up to date, I got this on the first contact.
"SCI02-PLUS Product features as below:
* 3500W model PV Max Power has been upgraded to 5000W, 5500W model PV Max Power has been upgraded to 6000W. Max charge current
has been upgraded to 100A. MPPT range operating voltage has been upgraded to 120-500V.
* It can be running without batteries at daytime, energy shared from utility and solar to loads at the same time or alternatively.
* It combines a wide PV input range MPPT controller, can convert solar energy from PV to loads directly and the remainingsolar energy will be
converted to batteries at the same time.
* When PV output is reduced by clouds or at night, resulting in no surplus PV power avaiable, loads powered by utility, batteries are charged,
when utility outage, batteries are discharged.
* Has GPRS or Wifi monitoring System remote control.
* Can charge LiFePO4 battery.
* We have 500pcs in stock, 1-2 days fast lead time after payment received."

As for the shipping it is some of the lowest I have seen so far.
"
If you buy 1unit 3500W or 1unit 5500W, shipping cost to USA is USD160 by DHL.
If you buy 2units, shipping cost to USA is USD237"

Now I am more confused as I thought we were talking about an inverter to convert 24VDC battery voltage to 120VAC. The ad and your description sounds like a solar charge controller?

Now I am more confused as I thought we were talking about an inverter to convert 24VDC battery voltage to 120VAC. The ad and your description sounds like a solar charge controller?
Description of solar inverter:

The AN-SCI02-PLUS series is perfect for off-grid,and self-consumption applications, it is a pure sine wave, hybrid inverter system,providing power from solar modules and utility or generators,no need batteries.It is able to prioritize solar consumption over the grid and works with the grid to avoid peak utility charges and support the grid when utility supply is limited.

I would go 24-volt system for sure. it sounds like you need to make a decision on the charge controller. charge controllers are based on amperage and watts. you can upgrade later if your charge controller has room to add more solar panels. the DRRR20's will work as a solar charge controller if your panels are 30 or 36 cells? or you can choose an MPPT solar charge controller. the Electodacus SBMS0 can control them also.
the 100 watt panels are pretty small 600watt total but could charge the 8 Lishen 272Ah cells.
12 volt requires larger cables to the inverter as it draws a higher amperage.
24 volt is better in my opinion..... :cool:
As of now it looks like I will be going 24V. The solar panels are small. I have a contiguous space on the roof that is 3X13'. So I researched panels that were 3' in one dimension to get as much space utilization as possible. The panels are 36X26" which will exactly fill the space. These particular panels are 33 cell. I am not understanding the relationship between the BMS and the solar panels?

I have additional space on the roof for probably adding another 4 or more panels but intend to start with 6 panels. I will be building an aluminum frame that will be bolted to the roof trusses so I will have a stronger connection and less holes in the roof. The factory 8ga wiring connector is right under where the 6 panels will be located. If I try to get sophisticated, I will set up the aluminum frame to be tiltable. Trying to source some actuators or servos that can be setup to tilt the panels.

Thanks!

There are several different directions you could go with. Samlex makes good inverter/chargers...right up there with Victron IMO. The Samlex is a LF inverter which means it can deal with surges better than HF inverters and as far as I know better than the Victron.

You could also look at complete all in one solutions such as MPP Solar and Growatt. They all allow the user to program HVD and LVD's. Since it's advisable to stay within the knees of the battery I am looking for something I can program.

Then there is the mid range such as Aims and Sigineer inverters. Programming is limited on those but they are good inverters.

I have never owned any of these so I am just passing one what I have read about them by researching and reading the spec sheets. And what other users recommend. There is no one size fits all solutions. But very important to keep in mind is what type of support does one receive in the event of a failure, whether within the warranty period or not.

I have been struggling deciding on an inverter/charger. I will be using it for a UPS in my apartment. I am leaning towards the Samlex EVO-1224F. The only thing I don't like about it is one needs to purchase the remote display in order to be able to program it.

I have even considered Ampinvt inverters. But I am hesitant to buy one simply because there isn't much known about them and I don't know how well they support them. The company that makes them is Top One Power and I contacted them directly on Alibaba. The translation from the other side was getting to me...lol. I also contacted Ampinvt and communication was better and I think support would be better since they are shipped from the USA. But I am still hesitant.
The Samlex EVO-1224F is only 1200W and costs more than the 3000W Giandel I am looking at. The Giandel is $432 and is made in Australia and has the Will Prowse stamp of approval :)

Description of solar inverter:

The AN-SCI02-PLUS series is perfect for off-grid,and self-consumption applications, it is a pure sine wave, hybrid inverter system,providing power from solar modules and utility or generators,no need batteries.It is able to prioritize solar consumption over the grid and works with the grid to avoid peak utility charges and support the grid when utility supply is limited.
I can't even figure out non-hybrid :) Either way, I can't seriously consider a product whose own ad is screwed up. I am not just talking about an English issue, I am talking about spec's that seem totally haywire. From what I can fathom, the product is more oriented towards an on-grid application considering batteries are optional vs. batteries being the main source of power for the inverter. Are you saying the product works as a solar charge controller, power inverter, and as an ATS all in one?

I think it was me who mentioned the kisae charger. If it’s a vehicle based system your building then there great. If it’s apartment based then not worth the money I would guess
I think it is great that it can work with PV and alternator, but there doesn't seem to be a provision from when you have shore power.

The Samlex EVO-1224F is only 1200W and costs more than the 3000W Giandel I am looking at. The Giandel is $432 and is made in Australia and has the Will Prowse stamp of approval :)
It costs more because it is UL listed, is an Inverter/Charger with a transfer switch built in, and it's made by Samlex :)

You can get an Aims 3000 watt sine wave inverter that is ETL listed, same as UL, for a few bucks more than the Giandel.

3000 WATT PURE SINE POWER INVERTER 12 VDC to 120 VAC (theinverterstore.com)

Or spend more and get a Samlex.

Samlex NTX-3000-12 3000W Pure Sine Inverter | DonRowe.com

Personally I would take an ETL Listed Aims or Samlex inverter over a Giandel any day.

Also keep in mind Will doesn't have time to review everything. I do my own research by looking at what others think/use on this forum and reviews posted by others on the internet.

I actually need all the same stuff as you and i'm in the same boat. I am looking at getting one of these all in one units so I can use in the RV or cargo/hunting trailer or as a backup power for grid down power outages with the California fire situation in the past few years.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...offerlist.normal_offer.d_title.437e290cDx5zrd
I can move this and the batteries to any location pretty easy.
I suggest going 24-volt battery build and get a 24volt inverter. if you need any 12-volt stuff just ger a converter to transform the 24 volts to 12 volts.
the Electrodacus SBMS0 is probably the best BMS you can get for the money. you can use a dssr20 for every 2 60 or 72 cell solar panels you add to your system and build as you go. the main thing is to get a bms so as not to overcharge or undercharge the lifepo4 battery bank.
you must use 60 or 72 cell solar panels to get the most out of the Electrodacus SBMS0 and Electrodacus DSSR20's.

As of now it looks like I will be going 24V. The solar panels are small. I have a contiguous space on the roof that is 3X13'. So I researched panels that were 3' in one dimension to get as much space utilization as possible. The panels are 36X26" which will exactly fill the space. These particular panels are 33 cell. I am not understanding the relationship between the BMS and the solar panels?

I have additional space on the roof for probably adding another 4 or more panels but intend to start with 6 panels. I will be building an aluminum frame that will be bolted to the roof trusses so I will have a stronger connection and less holes in the roof. The factory 8ga wiring connector is right under where the 6 panels will be located. If I try to get sophisticated, I will set up the aluminum frame to be tiltable. Trying to source some actuators or servos that can be setup to tilt the panels.

Thanks!
try to find 60 or 72 cell panels; I do not know about 33 cell panels; you might go to electrodacus.com and ask this question to Dacian the owner engineer of Electrodacus. my 60 cell 250-watt panels are 39 x 65 inches each. I put the in pairs of 2 and this works great. the newer 72 cell panels have more watts so you may want to get the higher wattage 72 cell panels. I bought 2 pallets of used 60 cell panels for cheap on eBay.
look at Electrodacus.com for his products. :cool:

Back