diy solar

diy solar

Just wondering if anyone has noticed the amount of smoke in the air?

Prosolar

I'm in ohio and lord, have I seen some reduced output from my solar arrays due to the smoke from the California/ Oregon fires. The amount of smoke has been on the local news every night. Heck some of the stations have put up smoke cover percentages.

Any one notice a drop in output power outside of the main fires? I'm talking midwest and east coast states

NH had 20 days of some sort of measurable rain fall in July. One of the wettest ever. When the sky’s weren’t wet, there was a decent haze from the wild fires. Bad days for production no matter what.

June 2021: Smoke from Moab blowing toward Grand Junction, CO

IMG_20210610_184657.jpg

Interested in this one, I'm in Oregon. YES, the smoke is noticable.

I don't have a system built yet, so no clue how it will be effected. Smoke will be a part of the foreseeable future, so knowing what to expect will be good.

In Indiana last week the moon had a red haze associated with it, I’m guessing attributed to the smoke from the wildfires.

I'm down in the bay area and it's starting to creep down here too, pretty smoggy haze to the north....

Here's what I can contribute. Normally this Jackery charges at closer to 70w from this panel.

View the morning this was done. The sun was not this low when I was charging the Jackery, later in the day. This is just to give some idea of the smoke level.
IMG_20210814_071433.jpg

The setup:IMG_20210814_121730.jpg

Only 64w input:
IMG_20210814_121721.jpg

Back